The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ki22

Why Can't Sheldon And Amy Have An Asexual Relationship?

My perspective, is that sexuaity like Assexuality is on the spectrum. As is Sheldon's sexuality, as it is now, since he and Amy consumated the relationship. As it was established in S2, the impression was Sheldon has no deal. Until he slept with Amy. HE does now. Problem with Sheldon, seeing he is such a unique character. Where on the spectrum do you find a muse, where you change him, which is neccessary. But don't go full measure. I agree the writers threw Shamy shippers a bone. So I get the persepctive, if they were not going to go all the way with Sheldon. You risk nothing changing, and/or alinating that particular fanbase. Therefore imo lies the problem moving forward. It well be once a year joke with Shamy, when well Amy and Sheldon do it again. God forbid if they start dropping, Amy giving Sheldon hints all season, hope not. That is why imo Shamy should of been an Assexual relationship. Not so many gray areas. But that ship has sailed. Personally I wish Shamy never did the deed. I prefered Sheldon first 3 seasons. When he was unique, and not conforming to socities conventions and rules. What was so wrong with having a relaitonship that was not all about sex? I liked Shamy because of that. But it just seems Sheldon slept with Amy out of pity lol. That was not the intent, but if it is a long running gag now. Well then I don't see the point. Let's be honest that is all Shamy is now. So late in the shows run, with what 2 yeas at least left. IF it is once a year. Then of course, Shamy have become a gag. And if they don't do it again on screen anyway, then well. Their you go. 

Edited by 3ku11

No ones correcting People who are Assexual. IT is just a mute point now. As Sheldon was on the spectrum. But he was never Assexual, as it turns out now anyway. He has had coitus, so you know hes Straight. SO whether or not Sheldon is Assexual is kinda irrelevant now. 

On August 26, 2016 at 10:44 AM, 3ku11 said:

No ones correcting People who are Assexual. IT is just a mute point now. As Sheldon was on the spectrum. But he was never Assexual, as it turns out now anyway. He has had coitus, so you know hes Straight. SO whether or not Sheldon is Assexual is kinda irrelevant now. 

You are mistaken.   Asexual doesn't pertain to what gender you are attracted to, it's more about the desire for sexual activity. You can be straight, gay, or bi and still be asexual.  Indeed, you can even have sex and be asexual.  Making incorrect comments about aesexuality may offend people. 

• Like 4

On 5/11/2016 at 1:49 AM, Tensor said:

But that still means she didn't change her sexuality.  They just came up with a reason for it appearing  her sexuality is different now.  It's quite apparent, now, that she is not asexual.   Whether that reason is her social-sexual growth was stunted by her keeping to herself, or she had never been in a situation where her sexuality could or would be actualized, or for some other reason.   With her not being asexual now, she was never asexual, even though she appeared to be at some prior point in time.  

I agree...at first she seemed that...but they "evolved" her character...now she has a different way.

A Moment of Silence for 9/11.........

• Like 1

They kind of do, imo. Sheldon's desire to have sex with Amy shows that he may be demisexual. Demisexuality is on the spectrum (as some put it) of asexuality since demisexuals feel no sexual attraction until AFTER a strong emotional bond is formed. Recent episodes show that he has slowly been developing that sexual attraction towards Amy. Just my few on it as a demisexual myself :) 

Edited by ShamyBabboos

, non-sexuals can have sex.   We are not neutered.  We can fall in love and we can have sex and have children. But, on the hierarchy of needs,desire, and interest...That is about shoelace level....It is not the most important part of the relationship.   We want to spend a lot of time with the people we find interesting and we have interest in common.  We love differently.    

• Like 3