[Spoilers] What Do You Think The Latest Means For Fan Fiction?

If you haven't read the lastest taping report, DONT READ THIS POST....

okay..

okay?

Good, Now, what do you all think the Shamy ILY's means for Fan Fic?  I have read numerous ones like how this went down, but I think we are talking about Sheldon admitting his love and URGES with Ass slaps and all?  In one Episode!  It's like the writers took us to Disneyland on our birthday, with David Tennent on free cotton candy day!!  

I can see some scenarios that now explore the build up to marriage BEFORE sex.  I used to think Shamy might get busy before marriage.  And now, I wonder....

Love to know what you all think? 

• Like 5

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just jumping in here to say that I don't think fanfiction will change all that much. The ILY is out there, but now we can explore the aftermath of that, have fun with Sheldon's growing urges, the slow

Seriously, there are a TON of shenny FF out there!  Thank the Fan Fic gods for filters!  Am I right, Shamysters??

Just found this gif and it perfectly describes how I felt when I read the taping report  I love this gif!

I know. That was one of my first thoughts! What the heck are we going to write fanfiction about now?

Our heads exploding... I think we are looking at some smooth sailing for the Shamy ship

• Like 2

Well according to the taping report, the only two people who know about Shamy love is Amy and Sheldon, so stories about their secret love would be interesting and the gang wondering why the are acting differently.

• Like 3

I don't think that Sheldon holds marriage in such high esteem (he stated so at Howardette's wedding), probably due to watching his parents marriage implode as a child.

As for sex, he'll get there in his own sweet time, I've long thought he was demisexual (I'll post the thread link again).

I think we all bring our own personal experience to what we write. For my part, I couldn't imagine being bound to someone who I was not sexually compatible with, it'd be torture (see the ending of The Devil In Miss Jones, or, for the clean and rather more highbrow version Sartre's No Exit). ;)

• Like 4

I think you need to make sure you put "SPOILERS" in the title of this thread.  If it won't let you edit it, PM Tensor or Tripper and ask them to label it.

Isnt that what the label is for? Spoilers...

I don't think that Sheldon holds marriage in such high esteem (he stated so at Howardette's wedding), probably due to watching his parents marriage implode as a child.

As for sex, he'll get there in his own sweet time, I've long thought he was demisexual (I'll post the thread link again).

I think we all bring our own personal experience to what we write. For my part, I couldn't imagine being bound to someone who I was not sexually compatible with, it'd be torture (see the ending of The Devil In Miss Jones, or, for the clean and rather more highbrow version Sartre's No Exit). 

Just read that thread, completely fascinating and I would have to say, I completely agree with your assessment.  Demisexual is a perfect definition  Nail head, met hammer. (hot topic by the way.  Me thinks I will not post, given reactions. I have had my full serving of vitriol thrown my way.  Kudos to you for having the stones for it.)

I also think you are right about marriage for Sheldon... He did react poorly to Howardette's wedding, aloof, uninterested.. Given that, and he stays that way, Sex before marriage, even with his upbringing, would be a greater possibility than afterwards.  I have read few FF that put sex after marriage.  Most have them knocking boots soon as the cat is out of the proverbial bags, so to speak.  I know I put it in there.  Interesting.  Just like you said, we all bring our baggage to the creative train depot.  

• Like 1

since i've run out of likes, i'll let you what i think :)

there are plenty of stories left to do. how friends find out, their first passionate kiss, trips together, Nobel prize winners, sex before marriage and its build-up, quick stop at city hall for a wedding then off to the bedroom... THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF THINGS STILL LEFT TO write ABOUT. and each writer is creative soooo... i don't think you guys should have a problem. 

how the night ended... how hot Sheldon was and whatever followed..... ;) ( a night to remember indeed!)

( the taping report has killed me... can't even use correct words! :p )

Edited by Kelli
  • Like 3

Don't be so sure about the smooth sailing. There was a lot of conflict in both Howardette and Lenny after the

ILYs( Howardette's run up to marriage, Penny's marriage to Zack, Valentine's day argument, Penny's drunk proposal, Alex. etc.). I still see Shammy being together as end game, but with these writers, there's bound to be some bumps and hills to overcome.

• Like 5

I still see Shammy being together as end game, but with these writers, there's bound to be some bumps and hills to overcome.

Let me guess: you had too many M's sitting around and you decided to slip one in, hoping we wouldn't notice.

I wonder what conflicts though, Tensor... I mean. I am having a hard imagining Shamy fighting too much.  Especially this season.  Not conflicts, just love fest.  maybe I am just in after glow from the ILY.  

• Like 1

I think fics on the episode would go into how the two of them were feeling at the time, all the emotional stuff inside that there's not really time to go into (and would be too intense for a show on at that time of the evening! )

I could maybe work with that...but I won't see it until December...December 12, I think (not that I'm counting! )

• Like 2

Let me guess: you had too many M's sitting around and you decided to slip one in, hoping we wouldn't notice.

Yeah, you caught me. I have a drawerful of extra M's and I'm just trying to get rid of them so I can put my new box of X's in there.

• Like 2

I wanna read a fic of the same day of the SIILY... and then have a AIILY later on in the fic, when it's just the two of them, maybe after prom.
Amy leans in, rests her head on Sheldon's chest (shh they're slow dancing) and she says "I love you" and that's it. Yes please. Give me all the fics.

• Like 6

I agree that there's still a lot to be explored. There are lots of possibilities with the characters that never showed up yet, like George Jr and Meemaw, not even to mention stories when they remember their past and how it affects their present lives, anyway, I see no problems for the future of the Shamy fanfics!  :wink:

• Like 4