The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phantagrae

Members Going To See Jim's December 1St Reading In Nyc

This thread is to help all those going to attend Jim's play reading of "Merton of the Movies" in NYC on December 1st at Studio 54, in case anyone wants to get together before or afterward.

So far, these are the folks that are going:

Jiab Pattira

Jamie + 1

Notchinc

mamallama + 1

Cassalia

Joyzeefan23

Frankie!

Maybe KayMarie

Any others?

If you're going, let me know and I'll add you to this list. Then you all can work out if you want to do anything together. :)

(I'm not going, sadly--just trying to help those who are.)

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 5

Thank you phantagrae!! :)  You are so kind. It's sad that you won't be going with us. 

• Like 1

So jealous of all of you!! Man You will all be two blocks from my office!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome cause I got a sixpack going on here. Tube top can be classified as cocktail attire right?

• Like 3

Phanta, thanks for starting this, I just stumbled across it.

Maybe we need to create sparkly "Jim's Council of Ladies" t-shirts. JK. According to the web site, attire is business/cocktail dress, so no jeans or sneakers...although it's a recommendation, they won't throw you out if you show up in that. Although, I have a home office, so my "business attire" is usually yoga pants (Penny's right, they ARE comfortable) and a t-shirt or pajamas. But, will wear a nice dress.

Would love to meet up with all of you at some point, before hand, during intermission, etc., we will have to coordinate for sure. As I'm taking my daughter, it all depends on her class schedule as to when we get there or how late we stay.

Feel free to PM me or I'll try to remember to keep checking here for updates.

• Like 1

Phanta,

You may add me.  :p

You've been added! The more the merrier!

I hope y'all can find some time to meet up either before or after, and find some way to tie yourselves together with something matching or similar. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for starting this, Phanta! I'm sad you're not going, but maybe we can all meet up after? My work hours are late unfortunately, 9:30-6:30, so I won't be able to meet up before the show. I'll have to sprint through the city in my cocktail dress just to get there in time ;)

I am so very excited!! I wasn't even gonna go - I had convinced myself it was too expensive - but then I saw my girl Jiab was going and bought a ticket. Then we discovered our seats are right next to each other lol! Uncanny.

• Like 8

Thanks for starting this, Phanta! I'm sad you're not going, but maybe we can all meet up after? My work hours are late unfortunately, 9:30-6:30, so I won't be able to meet up before the show. I'll have to sprint through the city in my cocktail dress just to get there in time ;)

I am so very excited!! I wasn't even gonna go - I had convinced myself it was too expensive - but then I saw my girl Jiab was going and bought a ticket. Then we discovered our seats are right next to each other lol! Uncanny.

I'm so happy! It must be the power of Shamy that brought us together. 

• Like 4

So, are y'all counting down to this event, yet? :)

I just happened to think of it today and realized I'd forgotten about it with all the Prom excitement.

There's still about 3 weeks to go, then...JIMMY!

:biggrin:

• Like 3

I still don't have a dress

But heeey it looks like Mayim is gonna be in NY by the end in November aswell so I hope to do two birds with one stone ;)

Wow!  That would be so awesome if you got to see them both!!!  :)   

• Like 2

I'm certain Todd will be in attendance, so maybe Mayim, too.  Jaime, what is she in NY for?

Have to remember to bring the opera glasses (trying to be classy here and not call them what they really are - binoculars for getting that up close and personal view of Jim).

• Like 5

I'm certain Todd will be in attendance, so maybe Mayim, too. Jaime, what is she in NY for?

Have to remember to bring the opera glasses (trying to be classy here and not call them what they really are - binoculars for getting that up close and personal view of Jim).

Heather tweeted that she and Mayim will be in NY by the end of November. So I asked her for what and she answered that Mayim would be doing some kind of appearance, and that we will find out soon what :) I'm really hoping she'll be there to see Jim too!

Thanks for the reminder about opera glasses!!

• Like 3

Tweet from The Roundabout Theatre Company about additional casting

John Cullum, Richard Easton, Katie Finneran & more will join Jim Parsons in a one-night-only reading at Studio 54! http://bit.ly/116gHOC

http://blog.roundabouttheatre.org/2014/11/14/jim-parsons-returns-to-studio-54-for-one-night-only/

http://blog.roundabouttheatre.org/2014/11/14/jim-parsons-returns-to-studio-54-for-one-night-only/

• Like 5

I'm living vicariously through all of you who are going.  Even though I'm not going, I feel like Sheldon in the first Proton episode when he came dancing into the cafeteria:

"It's happening!"

Only a little over 2 weeks to go!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

I was at Roundabout for Cabaret two weeks ago.  If you have never been there, it is more intimate than you think and you will be very pleasantly surprised.  I could see details on Alan Cumming without aid of opera glasses (even though I would still bring them for Jim ;) )

• Like 4

I'd love to win the lottery so I could afford one of those $2,500.00 tickets.

And SAH is right about Roundablout being intimate.  I saw 1776 there years ago and it was nice and cozy but I'd also bring them for Jim.  And maybe seeing if you can spot Todd and/or Mayim in the audience.

• Like 2

I was at Roundabout for Cabaret two weeks ago. If you have never been there, it is more intimate than you think and you will be very pleasantly surprised. I could see details on Alan Cumming without aid of opera glasses (even though I would still bring them for Jim ;) )

I KNOW!!! I saw the seating chart and peed a little

PM me if you want to get together Monday afternoon before the show. we will scope out some places on Saturday.

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 2

I KNOW!!! I saw the seating chart and peed a little

Dare I ask what section you are in?  Maybe you are in the same area I was in :)    (you can PM if you want)

http://www.roundabouttheatre.org/Roundabout/media/Roundabout/SeatingCharts/Studio54_Seating-Chart_Cabaret_1.pdf?ext=.pdf

The front mezz is actually MUCH closer to the stage - it is over the 2 SEAT BANQUETTE.  So you are actually more in line with Table 243.  

lookee that- instantly closer by 20 feet - don't ya love me?  lol

• Like 1

That reminds me of the concert hall back home where the front mezzanine was often the best place to sit--high enough to see over everyone, but not all that far away from the stage.