The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Laurie Metcalf to guest star?

We've been getting a few reports that Laurie Metcalf (Jackie on Roseanne) is set to guest star on The Big Bang Theory as Sheldon's mother. A blogger pretty much confirmed it, but I think we'll wait for official confirmation before it goes on the site - here is the blog. It would be great if she did, she is wonderful on everything she guest stars in (Third Rock from the Sun, Desperate Housewives) and was brilliant on Roseane ... it truly would be a Roseanne reunion with Johnny Galecki, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf - any bets on who the next Roseanne alumni might be? :icon_wink:

It would be awesome to see everyone from roseanne, they should get some from 8 simple rules too!

Chuck Lorre produced Roseanne and now The Big Bang Theory so the connection is definitely there. Roseanne had a fine cast, and I would welcome any of the cast members.

Chuck Lorre produced Roseanne and now The Big Bang Theory so the connection is definitely there. Roseanne had a fine cast, and I would welcome any of the cast members.

Yes, although I'm not sure we'll be seeing Chuck Lorre asking Roseanne to star - I think he might have been one of the writers that clashed with her. :icon_evil::icon_cheesygrin:

Laurie Metcalf is great though. She has guest starred on so many good shows and been very good - Desperate Housewives and Monk for one and comedies as well, like Frasier & 3rd Rock From The Sun.I can't wait to see her on the show!

The "Live From The Web Carpet" special revealed Laurie Metcalf will be guest starring as Sheldon's mother. Its exciting to have official confirmation.

LM is terrific! I hope she is back real soon. Her facial expressions are to die for. Did you see her looking at Shelly when she was going to talk to his boss?

I really hope she will be back soon, she is awesome. Any body think it was odd that she was from the south but she started dating the professor? Surely that means she must live pretty close by then ...

Laurie Metcalf is great though. She has guest starred on so many good shows and been very good - Desperate Housewives and Monk for one and comedies as well, like Frasier & 3rd Rock From The Sun.

I can't wait to see her on the show!

Saw her last night on Frasier as the recast Nanny G. She was very very funny. Hope Shelly's mom comes back soon.