The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MTBigBangTheoryFan

Petition For Live Episode

Have you seen the season out takes, they would never make it through a live episode before one of them would crack up and turn them all into giggling fools. Even though some of them have done theater, not all of them have, so they have no experience in that kind of live acting.

• Like 2

Have you seen the season out takes, they would never make it through a live episode before one of them would crack up and turn them all into giggling fools. Even though some of them have done theater, not all of them have, so they have no experience in that kind of live acting.

Neither did week & Grace and 30 Rock as far as I Know and they did a fine job. On those shows they did pretty well not to miss up and were almost no bloopers.  Also with Live episodes they usually rehearse for a few weeks before they tape live in front of Viewers and a Live Audience. It would then come out like a play or theater 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

As much as I would love a live episode,  I do not see that happening anytime soon for TBBT maybe somewhere down the road they might do one.

Edited by JoeSal90
  • Like 1

ER did it many years ago and there were mistakes, but they just laughed it off.  In fact, they did it twice, one for the east coast airings and one for the west coast.    Live mistakes aren't as bad as taped ones.  They just have to go on with it.  Remember Dark Shadows, that was even tapped but they would roll with it because back then, tape editing wasn't as easy and more expensive than it is now.  It would be an entertaining experience of TBBT to do it. 

• Like 1

I think it would kind of limit what they're able to do in an episode.  It would have to be a "bottle" episode, where all the action takes place in more or less one location, like maybe between the two apartments, perhaps with scenes in each apartment and the hallway inbetween, or in some other kind of confined space.

I think the actors could pull it off, but I don't know if TPTB would want to do that.  Dunno.  It could be fun.