1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• likearghomgwowwat!!!!
    • Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I was hoping that Amy would get to elevate her legs. That bit made me laugh. Moments before, my unspoiled partner gasped at the Shamy revelations. That was a big moment.

I liked it all. And golly, Emily. Wow.

• Like 4

I think Emily is a good fit for the show right now.  She adds a comedy element for sure, and I anticipate some funny scenes in the future with her and the rest of the cast, especially with the other girls.  Also, I could see her being a really good friend for Amy since they bonded before when they first introduced Emily to the show.

• Like 5

Oh come on let them have fun. Were talking about guys in their mid 20's-30's who read comic books, and play Halo. And have stacks of sci mem in their cases still haha. Is it really a surprise? They would do something that is not their age? IT is nice they got a chance to dress up, fantasize about where they were at that point. Leonard got to go to the prom with the women of his dreams (He most likely diddn't go to prom in high school coulden't, get a date, or was too busy). It was kinda paradox in a way. I think it was all in fun, let their inner child dance.  

Indeed let them have fun!

And Penny is the youngest at 29 this month. How time flies when you are having fun!

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

This episode was just perfect, and not just because of the ILY.

Lenny are in a perfect, pre-wedding phase it seems.

Howardette finally were on the same side for once, which was a much needed refreshment to see.

Raj and Emily are enjoying each others company, even though I hope they stop making Emily seem too creepy with her love for cutting things/people etc.

But Shamy really stole the show.

First how Sheldon reacted to Leonard's story about people losing their virginity at proms, you could see how much that pressure from society ways on him.

Amy was really honest to him about hoping for it to happen, but making it clear she had no expectations for this night, except dancing with him and having a good time together.

And when she wanted to say ILY, but couldn't get the words out, Sheldon came to the rescue.

Not only did he tell her he loves her too, he picked up that she wanted to say it. Which is a very big step forward for Sheldon, and gives me very good hopes for the rest of the show regarding Shamy.

And I was even more surprised he told her two more times in that scene he loved her and that it had to be love.

I also really loved how he was trying to help Amy with her panick attack, but still set boundries about girls being in his bedroom.

For once they perfectly combined tender/serious moments with a joke.

I do wonder one thing, not really connected to the prom thing in general, but to me it seems the writers are bringing having sex up quite often this season in scenes with Sheldon. Maybe it will happen sooner then I thought.

Thoughts?

I've been calling coitus by the end of season 8 for months....and I'm still calling it.

• Like 3

I've been calling coitus by the end of season 8 for months....and I'm still calling it.

I have been saying it would happen in season 9 before this season started, but as I said, I think you might be right...

I know I'm late to join in, but I was up till 2 am watching it and had to be out at 7am, so I'm knackered, but I dont care and I dont care because Prom was PERFECTION! I loved every single part of it. From start to finish. 
First of all, Bernadette was funny last night, 'I like bippity bobity boo' 
I like Emily, and I hope they keep her around for a while, because she seems to except Raj for who he is, and vice versa
I think the Howard and Stuart story is still funny, but I kinda hope they resolve it soon. 
Leonard and Penny, were so cute together. They aren't my OTP but I really loved their relationship last night. 

Now, Shamy.... Oh shamy ..... I can't use enough words to describe how perfect that I love you was. Best Episode Ever.

• Like 2

Oh BTW, I read in the TR that he swatted her bottom again after the ILYT.

I haven't seen it obviously, but I'm glad they left that out.

I hope they are done with that, or maybe only as a funny thing, but not at moments like this.

Oh BTW, I read in the TR that he swatted her bottom again after the ILYT.

I haven't seen it obviously, but I'm glad they left that out.

I hope they are done with that, or maybe only as a funny thing, but not at moments like this.

People that went to the taping said that was Jim smacking Mayim's butt, not Sheldon smacking Amy.

People that went to the taping said that was Jim smacking Mayim's butt, not Sheldon smacking Amy.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I got confused because they wrote in the TR:

He points for Amy to get out. Amy gets out and he follows her but not without him swatting Amy’s bottom and following her.

Edited by Chiany

They talked about it in the spoiled sections of the forum.

That explains why I missed the context, since I don't go there.

Do you go there right after the show airs to see what we talk about before it airs? If so, there's a lot of pages to read...

• Like 1

Do you go there right after the show airs to see what we talk about before it airs? If so, there's a lot of pages to read...

No I don't, I'm afraid for escaped spoilers...

Loved this episode.

Penny and Leonard were cute. I loved the red dress!

The Wollowitz family could be a sitcom all on their own.

As a lifelong beagle fan, I would LOVE to hear Bernie "talk to" my Crackers:) He would probably like that!

I am now thinking we will see more of Raj and Emily and more of Emily in general. I thought the scene balancing her love of blood with Bernie's love of sugary sweetness was surprisingly perfect.

And Sheldon and Amy-what is there to say? That is up there in my all-time top ten. Amazing!

There is only one thing that stood out as odd to me. Jim often seems to be limping/moving strangely on the show. Is this something he thought up to give Sheldon an odd Aspie-like gait? Or does he actually have a slight limp? He did look beautiful in that suit though............

Watched the episode again without the commercials as some suggested and changed my vote to very good. It flowed better. While I realize the Sheldon ILY was a top ten moment in series history I couldn't give it an excellent just for that.(wouldn't give the Penny ILY for the same reason). My two biggest problems with the episode were:

1. Lenny on the roof- While the scene could of been wonderful a lack of a romantic kiss sort of ruined it for me. My fellow Lenny worshippers almost all disagree with me. The kiss on the cheek was fine in front of Sheldon but when they were alone on the roof?

2.Sheldon's ILY- While it was great it turned predictable for me when he wouldn't let Amy lay down in the bed why hyper venilating. I'm not as disappointed in this as Lenny but just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

Watched the episode again without the commercials as some suggested and changed my vote to very good. It flowed better. While I realize the Sheldon ILY was a top ten moment in series history I couldn't give it an excellent just for that.(wouldn't give the Penny ILY for the same reason). My two biggest problems with the episode were:

1. Lenny on the roof- While the scene could of been wonderful a lack of a romantic kiss sort of ruined it for me. My fellow Lenny worshippers almost all disagree with me. The kiss on the cheek was fine in front of Sheldon but when they were alone on the roof?

2.Sheldon's ILY- While it was great it turned predictable for me when he wouldn't let Amy lay down in the bed why hyper venilating. I'm not as disappointed in this as Lenny but just my personal opinion.

It is scary how much we think alike. I liked the way the ILY came out for Shamy, but the whole you can't be in my room when she was seriously hyperventilating seemed to me, to ruin the moment, like someone threw cold water over the whole thing. I also would have liked to see them dance for a moment on the roof, as a matter of fact, I thought a couple seconds of them all dancing on the room would have been nice.

The Lenny kiss was so obviously not there during this huge romantic moment for them, on the roof alone, I think it detracted from the scene.

• Like 1

I think we can now start predicting when it happens. In Season Nine, maybe for the finale, the Shamy is gonna Do It!

Edited by Midru
  • Like 1

I think we can now start predicting when it happens. In Season Nine, maybe for the finale, the Shamy is gonna Do It!

Nope....too long with all the hints and foreshadowing. I'm calling by end of this season.

• Like 4

I have no problems with Sheldon not allowing Amy to lay down on his bed, he was experiencing "urges" and likely would not of been able to contain himself and I like how he reinforced his love for Amy

I get that some won't like it though

Doesn't take away my own enjoyment

• Like 5

I have no problems with Sheldon not allowing Amy to lay down on his bed, he was experiencing "urges" and likely would not of been able to contain himself and I like how he reinforced his love for Amy

I get that some won't like it though

Doesn't take away my own enjoyment

Agree--Amy lying on his bed was too much to deal with. He probably told her to lie on the couch.

I am hardcore Shamy but even I thought the lack of a Lenny kiss on the roof was odd.

• Like 3

I gave it a very good.

Overall, the episode was very enjoyable.  I lol'd a few times.

All the couples were very well dressed for the "prom."

Shamy ILY was great.  I thought it was funny when Sheldon insisted Amy lie down elsewhere just not in his room.  I didn't take this away as 1 step forward and however many step backs.  That being said, I am not in a rush to see them have coitus.  I would take an entire season of in synch Shamy over going back to suppressed, starved Amy/ pressured Sheldon (imagined or not).  My hope is that TPTB continue to show the fun, quirky and in synch couple that I enjoy to see on screen  I know others may not agree.  IMO, the line re: Amy not being allowed in Sheldon's room was a safety net for the writers to show that Sheldon is not ready yet.  Essentially buying them some time to tackle that issue.  Also, IMO, re: Shamy I think the next time Shamy kiss, I need to see a relaxed Amy.

Lenny:  Overall, they were very sweet.  Penny rocked her dress, Leonard looked very handsome.  Lenny, IMO, are a striking couple.  Having said that, something about the roof scene was off to me.  It wasn't the lack of a kiss either.  It was Penny "ugh/guh" sound she made when they were talking about had they been at the same prom together back in the day.  I remember thinking if she does it one more time and she did...it just took something away for me.   It didn't seem genuine...it seemed forced (maybe it needed to be so sound could pick it up for production?  Maybe someone in the know about production, etc has some ideas about that) or perhaps maybe it was played that way for the comedic effect but it distracted me a bit.  Other than that though, I loved the Lenny!!       

Raj/Emily:  I like Emily.  I like Raj/Emily.  I don't mind that they are playing up her dark or at least twisted side.  Also, loved the matching colors of her and Raj.  They too were very striking.

And:  Howardette it was nice to see Bernadette supporting her man.  And I loved the limo/drama.   

Wolowitz family tree drama:  Overall, I found it funny.  Maybe I shouldn't have but I did.  The only thing that did bother me a bit was Stuart taking the phone call at the end from Deb (again probably for comedy).   IMO, I would have been ok if at least the Stuart/Deb piece had been solidified: i.e.: Stuart is a replacement for Howard/sort of son figure to help her deal with empty nest...vs. the are they or aren't they storyline. 

Loved the pics at the end.  It would have been great to get a Raj/Emily pic. 

Edited by Denise07