1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• likearghomgwowwat!!!!
    • Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I have said this before it seems ever since Kaley has gotten together with her husband the kissing scenes between Leonard and Penny have disappeared just wonder if her husband's jealous since her and Johnny dated. The lack of a kiss does not take away from enjoying the episode for me it is in my opinion best episode of the season. had to edit forgot to put the not in there I enjoyed the episode even without a Lenny kiss

Edited by Earnie

@Earnie: Exactly my thinking. Kaley has stated her kissing Johnny feels like kissing a brother, but for actors in that league this should not be a problem. You can see it start of Season 6 as well, when Leonard returns from his ship adventure early and they do not bother to kiss for at least "3 mississippis" like a real couple would, but instead they hug!? Ryan was on the set a couple of times and maybe in a joking manner he said to the writers "hey c'mon stop writing stories that have Kaley kiss her Ex THAT often" and maybe they did? Haha. :) Who knows.

For some odd reason I kept looking at Kaley's back, where makeup is not perfectly concealing the roman numerals tattoo of her wedding date.

Overall I voted excellent. Although this episode feels like they forgot to shoot the other half of it. What happened after Amy's panic attack? Did the guys in the car make it to the roof in one piece? Is Stuart in a clandestine relationship with Howard's mom? Who consoled Jeannie? Damn cliffhangers. :)

Someone wrote he/she watched the show without commercials and I can only recommend to try it. Stories flow much nicer and more natural without them, because you are not getting bombarded with visual and auditory stimuli that have nothing to do with the show. I realize money has to come from somewhere, yet with ads I would vote every episode 1 to 2 levels lower, just because I am annoyed and distracted from what happened on the show up to that point.

• Like 1

Watched the episode again without the commercials as some suggested and changed my vote to very good. It flowed better. While I realize the Sheldon ILY was a top ten moment in series history I couldn't give it an excellent just for that.(wouldn't give the Penny ILY for the same reason). My two biggest problems with the episode were:

1. Lenny on the roof- While the scene could of been wonderful a lack of a romantic kiss sort of ruined it for me. My fellow Lenny worshippers almost all disagree with me. The kiss on the cheek was fine in front of Sheldon but when they were alone on the roof?

2.Sheldon's ILY- While it was great it turned predictable for me when he wouldn't let Amy lay down in the bed why hyper venilating. I'm not as disappointed in this as Lenny but just my personal opinion.

I agree about Lenny. Not having them kiss was a missed opportunity; big time.

I don't think Sheldon saying she couldn't lay down in his room ruined anything. The writer's obviously used that to break the tension of the huge moment, which is typical for BBT and sitcoms in general. Also, like other people said, I don't think Sheldon wanted to be faced with the intimacy of having her in his bed after what just happened between them.

Lastly, since when do you care about how Amy feels? LOL. That's a first.

• Like 3

Up til now I was taking a "give it time" attitude with the Lenny camp for the lack of kissing argument. But yeah, after an obvious missed opportunity last night where it totally would have made sense, I'm starting to agree. Its getting downright weird now to not have even a token kiss between Lenny. I know they've been together for a while but come on....I have no idea what's going on there, but now its blatantly obvious that kissing is being avoided.

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 4

I liked the episode.  I actually even liked Sheldon in this one.  I thought he was very cute.  I think the ILY2 was nicely done and Amy's reaction was adorable.  Yes, I agree that him not letting her go into his room was a buzz kill but it was totally in character for Sheldon.  It was also totally in character for the writers who take a beautiful moment and add the funny to it.

I thought rooftop Lenny was cute but I do notice there is a difference in their chemistry as of late.  It's like the spark is gone and they are more settled.  Which is fine and I know that is the natural progression in relationships.  BUT if I wanted to see that I wouldn't need to watch TV.

Gave the episode a very good all in all...

Well there is only so much story you can cram in to 19 min with allowing for advertisement so and with the story involving all the couples some storylines got cut short. I think this episode was for Lenny and Shamy so they got the majority of the time

When was the last Lenny kiss then?

Has it been that long?

I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll be corrected but I believe it was when they got engaged last season.

There is only one thing that stood out as odd to me. Jim often seems to be limping/moving strangely on the show. Is this something he thought up to give Sheldon an odd Aspie-like gait? Or does he actually have a slight limp? He did look beautiful in that suit though............

I don't think Jim limps at all.  I do think that sometimes he tends to shorten his stride in certain moments, depending on where he's going or if Sheldon is supposed to be nervous or whatever.  Jim has very long legs and I think that sometimes he has to slow down or take shorter steps to fit the scene or other people's movements.

And I don't think he's trying to play an "Aspie-like gait", since he doesn't play Sheldon as someone with Asperger's.  I do think that he's very aware of his body and how he uses it in a scene.  He's mentioned something about that in terms of having done so much theater where your whole body is visible all the time, where as in camera work there are wide shots and mid-shots and close-ups, etc..  With a play, he said, your whole body has to convey your character all the time you're onstage.

But again, I don't think he's playing Sheldon as having Asperger's.

As for some other comments, I don't think that Sheldon didn't want her in his room/on his bed because of any sense of temptation/urges/loss of control.  I think it's simply that his bedroom has always been sacrosanct.  "People don't go in my room," "No one's allowed in my room", and so on.  He may choose to offer his room to someone like Dr. Plimpton (I think she's the only exception we've actually seen) and of course he'll let someone come in and take care of him if he's sick, but even when he was moping in his room and Amy and Wil came in, having 2 other people in there made him uncomfortable, even if they were his friend and girlfriend.  He didn't seem to mind when Amy escaped in there in the D&D episode, but I think that was an exceptional situation.

But I think last night it was just him saying that nothing has changed about his bedroom boundaries, love or no love.  He has admitted he loves her, but his bedroom is still out of bounds to "girls".  Like a clubhouse or fort or treehouse.  I REALLY don't think he was afraid he'd be unable to resist jumping on her.

As for the Lenny kiss--it didn't bother me at all that it wasn't there.  I think that their sweetness and love was more important to show than just them making out (sexual attraction).  I don't think it negates anything about their sex life or physical attraction for each other, but simply concentrating on other aspects of their relationship.

I think it's a little funny that we often hear a lot about how the only thing they have in common is sex/physical attraction, and yet now that we have them talking about their feelings for each other, being sweet and joking (kindly!) with each other, all people can talk about is them kissing.

I've already mentioned that I'm glad they didn't bog down the ending with the actual dancing.  Too cliched, IMO.

And I love the way Stuart's relationship with Deb-Deb is weird and questionable.  I loved Cousin Jeannie, and I think the actress was great, but I don't know if the story warrants bringing her back.  In a way, I'd love to see her come back, but I think it would also get very weird for poor Howard and I'm not sure how much longer they're going to play with that dynamic.  Still, it was fun--and her face in their prom pic was priceless! :p

• Like 2

Up til now I was taking a "give it time" attitude with the Lenny camp for the lack of kissing argument. But yeah, after an obvious missed opportunity last night where it totally would have made sense, I'm starting to agree. Its getting downright weird now to not have even a token kiss between Lenny. I know they've been together for a while but come on....I have no idea what's going on there, but now its blatantly obvious that kissing is being avoided.

I second this.... its been too long now.  They've missed two chances where I think a kiss would have fit in.

After Leonard said on the date "hold your hand and do it with you"...a small peck from Penny would have worked fine

and then last night while dancing.

Not saying make-out intensity, but a sweet kiss for sure!

• Like 3

I am so glad I'm not the only Shamy fan that's catching this.

Right after the episode,

Me: WTH!! Where's the kiss?

Hubby: He told her that he loves her! What more do you want?

Me: Not Shamy! LENNY!! Why didn't they kiss in this one....again?!

Hubby: You're noticing that too, huh?

Me: It's starting to look too obvious and too weird!

I'm the Shamy fan and my hubby is the Lenny fan.

• Like 4

It's ironic since what she's wearing(avatar) doesn't seem to be a problem. I can kind of see some people's comments about her marriage and the romantic scenes with an ex.

• Like 1

Yeah but...when was the last time anyone kissed on screen in TBBT? Maybe it was Howardette, but I really don't remember.

I was watching some s3 episodes today and Lenny was like...HEAVY on the make out in almost every episode up until Leonard said he loved Penny, then it went downhill.

Anyways, thank you for the excelent rating of "likearghomgwowwat!!!!" you put in to word what I could not.

• Like 1

I'm with Lennies on this... when she looked at his lips for second time I was like 'how can I missed that in TR? It's totally coming' ... and then nothing...but still great chemistry between them, very cute hug :)

As for the Lenny kiss--it didn't bother me at all that it wasn't there.  I think that their sweetness and love was more important to show than just them making out (sexual attraction).  I don't think it negates anything about their sex life or physical attraction for each other, but simply concentrating on other aspects of their relationship.

I think it's a little funny that we often hear a lot about how the only thing they have in common is sex/physical attraction, and yet now that we have them talking about their feelings for each other, being sweet and joking (kindly!) with each other, all people can talk about is them kissing.

Umm. Ok. But when I kiss my wife I can tell you it's strongly affirming. It's not sexual. Just ask her. :) . What we are seeing is good friends, hanging out. These guys are like they have signed some pledge. And what is prom about, except rampant teen hormones channeled into a formal and controlled setting. No kiss after prom? WTF. MAJOR FAIL.

• Like 2

Maybe Kaley has an issue with onscreen PDA w/ Johnny now that she's married?

If that's the case, then I say she's AN ACTRESS getting paid $1 million PER EPISODE! She needs to get over it. Again, that's IF this is the case of WHY she & Johnny aren't kissing on screen the way they used to.

• Like 3

Their is no prejudice betwen Johnny and Ryan. I am sure I well take what Batman said from the Leonard and Penny shippers thread. I am sure the transistion was hard, but the transistion is their. They are all on good terms. So I would be surprised, if the reason for the lack of kisses is because of their respective relationships. Go back to S3, alot of lust in their relationship.They did nothing but kiss. Of course J and K were still dating around that time, and the fact they were in the  honeymoon phase. The ironical thing is the same thing they got critisized for in S3 (Lack of honesty in their relationship, alot of lust). IS the very thing they have now. But now people are complaning they are not kissing as much now. It is funny. Should they be kissing more? Maybe. But like said whens the last time an couple kissed on screen? Not that it has to be said, Big Bang is not a rom com haha. A dancing scene may have been a perfect oppurunity, but for what ever reason the directors chose not to. TBH when I look back at S3 and S8. Even though their is a lack of kissing, part of that is they are an engaged couple now, so maybe the writers and J and K don't feel the need to validate their relationship more with the meaningless need for bodily fluids. What has also developed in the mean time. Is almost how The Big Bang Theory suggests. When they meet it disrupted Leonard's entire world, his atoms were all over the place. Leonard reached out to Penny, Penny then reached out to Leonard. They are now in the same place at the same time. So I Think the past Three Seasons their has been a more emphasis on developing depth and emotional intimacy in their relationship, opposed to the Physical Intimacy. Maybe they just have forgotten about them actually being a romantic couple haha. But It does actually take alot of planning and rehearsing when it comes to kissing, so maybe that's a factor who knows.   

Edited by 3ku11

Their is no prejudice betwen Johnny and Ryan. I am sure I well take what Batman said from the Leonard and Penny shippers thread. I am sure the transistion was hard, but the transistion is their. They are all on good terms. So I would be surprised, if the reason for the lack of kisses is because of their respective relationships. Go back to S3, alot of lust in their relationship.They did nothing but kiss. Of course J and K were still dating around that time, and the fact they were in the  honeymoon phase. The ironical thing is the same thing they got critisized for in S3 (Lack of honesty in their relationship, alot of lust). IS the very thing they have now. But now people are complaning they are not kissing as much now. It is funny. Should they be kissing more? Maybe. But like said whens the last time an couple kissed on screen? Not that it has to be said, Big Bang is not a rom com haha. A dancing scene may have been a perfect oppurunity, but for what ever reason the directors chose not to. TBH when I look back at S3 and S8. Even though their is a lack of kissing, part of that is they are an engaged couple now, so maybe the writers and J and K don't feel the need to validate their relationship more with the meaningless need for bodily fluids. What has also developed in the mean time. Is almost how The Big Bang Theory suggests. When they meet it disrupted Leonard's entire world, his atoms were all over the place. Leonard reached out to Penny, Penny then reached out to Leonard. They are now in the same place at the same time. So I Think the past Three Seasons their has been a more emphasis on developing depth and emotional intimacy in their relationship, opposed to the Physical Intimacy. Maybe they just have forgotten about them actually being a romantic couple haha. But It does actually take alot of planning and rehearsing when it comes to kissing, so maybe that's a factor who knows.

Your just trying to rationalize a problem, more and more people are seeing with the Lenny ship. I'm a rabid Lenny fan, but something is not right, they just got engaged and instead of more into each other, they seem less into each other, physically. They did all the romantic things in last nights episode except kiss, which was so obviously what should have happen between them, it was obvious it was missing. Any good director would have seen a kiss would be natural for that scene. I have no idea why they seem not to kiss anymore, but the big difference between season 7 and 8, is Kaley is a newlywed and has a new contract, which we have no idea what stipulations she has in it.

• Like 1

I read what Batman said on the Lenny forum. I don't think you are going to see in public a problem between Johnny and Ryan. My wife and me never argue in public. Does that mean we never argue? You're never get back to the days of the lime kiss. Season 3 and season 8 of course are going to be different. But to say it takes a lot of planning and rehearsing when it comes to kissing. Compared to what?

Your just trying to rationalize a problem, more and more people are seeing with the Lenny ship. I'm a rabid Lenny fan, but something is not right, they just got engaged and instead of more into each other, they seem less into each other, physically. They did all the romantic things in last nights episode except kiss, which was so obviously what should have happen between them, it was obvious it was missing. Any good director would have seen a kiss would be natural for that scene. I have no idea why they seem not to kiss anymore, but the big difference between season 7 and 8, is Kaley is a newlywed and has a new contract, which we have no idea what stipulations she has in it.

Don't tell me how I am choosing to construct what's going on right now. I just choose to not obsess over the small, minor details and read into things that are not actually their IMO. I am not rationalizing, I am explaining. Your also rationlizing why their is less kisses, by speculating the stipulations in Kaleys contract. That's her business, no one knows for sure, what the contract entails. It takes planning to kiss. You obviousley can't get over the lack of kissing, but thats your issue not the shows. Were not watching two couples who are sappy. Penny is NOT the romantic type. I would actually be disspointed if they kissed. It would ruined the moment IMO. They have focused on depth, and emotional intimacy. Kissing is not important currently imo. 

I read what Batman said on the Lenny forum. I don't think you are going to see in public a problem between Johnny and Ryan. My wife and me never argue in public. Does that mean we never argue? You're never get back to the days of the lime kiss. Season 3 and season 8 of course are going to be different. But to say it takes a lot of planning and rehearsing when it comes to kissing. Compared to what?

I am just saying from a directing point of view. Depending on the plot, its not as simple as it seems to slip in a kiss. Look this is my argument, you have yours, doesen't mean you have to consistently deconstruct it, its just my opinion leave it at that. 

Don't tell me how I am choosing to construct what's going on right now. I just choose to not obsess over the small, minor details and read into things that are not actually their IMO. I am not rationalizing, I am explaining. Your also rationlizing why their is less kisses, by speculating the stipulations in Kaleys contract. That's her business, no one knows for sure, what the contract entails. It takes planning to kiss. You obviousley can't get over the lack of kissing, but thats your issue not the shows. Were not watching two couples who are sappy. Penny is NOT the romantic type. I would actually be disspointed if they kissed. It would ruined the moment IMO. They have focused on depth, and emotional intimacy. Kissing is not important currently imo. 

I am just saying from a directing point of view. Depending on the plot, its not as simple as it seems to slip in a kiss. Look this is my argument, you have yours, doesen't mean you have to consistently deconstruct it, its just my opinion leave it at that.

You're right, neither opinion can be validated yet, however, I think as the season progresses, I think there will be data to support one of our opinions, so we'll just have to wait and see. The only reason I bring this up is because if I am right, I could see the Lenny relationship looking stranger and stranger if the two actors don't act a little intimate with each other, like they did before. Don't even get me started about there not being any scenes with them in bed anymore, yet Howard and Bernadette still seem to have them.

• Like 2

Not to be rude , but what you are doing seems to be rude(I know you are the admin but still)

Especially as the voting is of the type where one cannot see who voted for what. Users will be under that assumption.

I won't say much just yet, but the only reason I commented on the voting is that there was some suspect activity in the "Very Bad" category.

I certainly didn't mean to encourage people to point fingers at whoever voted in the "Very Bad" category, but I did feel the need to point out it doesn't appear to have been three individuals who voted. People were already speculating that it might be Shennies and I was trying to stop that sort of speculation.