1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• likearghomgwowwat!!!!
    • Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

My husband is a total Lenny and after the episode he was too twitterpated with Penny's sideboob to notice anything else. She could have called off the wedding and he would have been watching with a smile on his face.

I, being a Shamy, was writhing on the floor from an ongoing attack of the feels.

My children ran off to join the circus - because they need a more stable environment.

Hey I am a Shamy and even I noticed the side boob lol

• Like 1

It is an interesting conversation here about Lenny and kiss or not kiss in the prom episode.   I will admit there was a part of me cheering for them to kiss on the rooftop...but yet another part enjoyed the sexual tension that they brought to the scene and while frustrating (just like a couple that would normally be interrupted when wanting to kiss and can't go through with it), it was kind of nice in a way because it was about them being in love and the intensity of their gazing at each other, you could tell they wanted to have a night of passion right then and there, yet their holding back and just enjoying the innocence of gazing was kind of different for Lenny.  It was much more of a Shamy thing and yet it was kind of sweet and lovely with Lenny this time.  

I do know what some of you have said about it seeming like they are more distant in some sense physically since getting engaged, but it also has come across to me more of enjoying the moment of being in love and innocent too in a way.   Hard to explain, but it is coming across well and not negative to me.   Instead it is almost as if they are really exploring who each other are as people more and loving the unique qualities in each.   Rather sweet really.

Such a Hag...love your review.  Had me :laugh: for sure!   And like Kerry, it was kind of hard to NOT notice the sideboob.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

Yeah but...when was the last time anyone kissed on screen in TBBT? Maybe it was Howardette, but I really don't remember.

I was watching some s3 episodes today and Lenny was like...HEAVY on the make out in almost every episode up until Leonard said he loved Penny, then it went downhill.

Anyways, thank you for the excelent rating of "likearghomgwowwat!!!!" you put in to word what I could not.

There's only one kiss in S8 so far, and that's Howard and Bernadette in episode 6. I don't think it's being avoided or because Kaley or Johnny doesn't want to. They kissed a lot in S7 when Kaley was married already, so why wouldn't they in S8? While the scene on the roof top was a great opportunity, I think a kiss wasn't really necessary. The point of that scene was them getting a little caught up in the moment, just the two of them dancing on the roof top, being in love, gazing into each other's eyes etc.

I guess somehow whether or not Leonard and Penny kiss has never bothered me or felt like it made any kind of statement about the nature of their relationship, except for when they first got back from the North Pole.

Otherwise, I guess I don't notice, or I somehow imagine that they did because it feels like they did.  Dunno.

I also don't really notice whether or not Howard and Bernie kiss.  I know they're in love, so it doesn't feel so monumental.

Sheldon and Amy didn't kiss last night, either, and it didn't really bother me at all because their sentiments outside Sheldon's room were more important than even a kiss.

It's funny that this was such a romantic episode, but there didn't seem to be any kissing in it whatsoever...

• Like 3

Such a Hag...love your review.  Had me :laugh: for sure!   And like Kerry, it was kind of hard to NOT notice the sideboob.

Thanks - even I was eyeballing the sideboob.  Leonard's hands got "awfully" close...  ;)

The hubster however was dumbstruck  lol.  Probably because my "sideboob" is down by my hip.

• Like 3

Thanks - even I was eyeballing the sideboob.  Leonard's hands got "awfully" close...   ;)

The hubster however was dumbstruck  lol.  Probably because my "sideboob" is down by my hip.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   I can relate, except mine were never that large so they haven't sagged too poorly compared to some my age.  LOL!

• Like 1

Agreed, don't we all do things that "aren't our age" (which is ridiculous imho).

I think it was a sweet thing that the girls (Bernadette and Amy) wanted to recreate the prom they never had it as was intented.

And the guys didn't object to it, they either wanted it to do it themselves, or do it for their SO's.

"sweet"?

I think it improbable that someone who has graduated from university is still going to care in the least about high school prom. These two have Ph.D.'s. Why would the be thinking about something so juvenile?

Edited by djsurrey

"sweet"?

I think it improbable that someone who has graduated from university is still going to care in the least about high school prom. These two have Ph.D.'s. Why would the be thinking about something so juvenile?

Honestly if me and my friends wanted to do a prom redo I would so be into it!!!!

...and do you have four or or more years post secondary?

Well I am a 34 year old happily married mother of two who is a college graduate with a full time high power aggressive job who holds a mortgage, pays taxes and such....

So not sure why you are going in that direction....

But again I would gladly do a prom redo... And if you are trying to imply that I only feel that way because I don't hold a PHD... That's a slippery slope....

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

Well I am a 34 year old happily married mother of two who is a college graduate with a full time high power aggressive job who holds a mortgage, pays taxes and such....

But again I would gladly do a prom redo... And if you are trying to imply that I only feel that way because I don't hold a PHD... That's a slippery slope....

Just don't get the appeal. Not the first time I have been wrong about something.

I guess to me university made high school fade into the past.  Then getting married and having kids ...  they were all much bigger than anything at high school.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

I would love to have a Prom re-do and I am 30 with three amazing boys and a wonderful and satisfying job. Of course I went to my prom with two girls who I took as dates, bought them corsages and took them out to dinner (no I am not a lesbian, not against it, I'm just not, it was weird)

• Like 1

"sweet"?

I don't see what education has to do with this?

People who studied a bit longer then others don't look back and enjoy things they did (or missed out on) in the past?

Now that seems weird to me.

What makes a prom juvenile (besides you calling it that)?

And am I the only one who missed the side boob?

Guess I'll have to watch the episode again...the horror ;)

• Like 2

I don't see what education has to do with this?

People who studied a bit longer then others don't look back and enjoy things they did (or missed out on) in the past?

Now that seems weird to me.

What makes a prom juvenile (besides you calling it that)?

And am I the only one who missed the side boob?

Guess I'll have to watch the episode again...the horror ;)

I think the struggle in university makes what happened before seem quaint in comparison. From what I have seen of people in grad school it is even much more so.  How much do high school students reminisce over elementary? Not very much.

...and do you have four or or more years post secondary?

I do (3 degrees) and I would totally do a prom do-over if my friends wanted to. I think in many ways it would be far more meaningful, and fun, to be with my close chosen friends as a settled adult, than a bunch of teens exactly my age living in the same geographic area. JMO.

• Like 5

Think you're on your own on this on, dj. All personal taste. I don't see how it's any different to having any other themed party. How is dressing up as the Justice League on NYE and all the Halloween parties they've been to any different to dressing up in tuxedoes and gowns and getting excited about slow dancing. Season 6 Hallowe'en had the Dr Who Tardis photo booth so no different to the Prom photo set up really. 'Twould appear you personally are not a fan of Proms. I wasn't a fan of what we call debutante balls but it wasn't because I had a 150+ IQ.

Went to plenty of reunions and had a ball. Can't see why a bunch of Doctors, a man with a Masters degree from MIT,( plus a former waitress slash actress slash current sales rep ) can't have a Prom based party for a bit of fun.

And yeah, I can't believe so many didn't notice the side boob ( I was just keeping it to myself!)

• Like 4

"sweet"?

I don't think it's about recreating or reliving "high school", but about giving themselves a pleasant experience to replace the memories of unpleasant experiences.

Penny, the least educated of all of them, was the only one not interested. She was the only one with positive memories, or at least no humiliating experiences (as far as she could remember.)

All the others had either had bad experiences or no experiences to remember or try to forget. They're now in a position, with SOs of one type or another, to create a pleasant memory. That they wanted to call it prom is almost less important, but it was a cute theme for a party.

And if none of us knows quite how wounded any of them may be by their experiences, then we can't know how important it may be to any of them, no matter how educated they might be, to replace those experiences with new, positive ones.

I have a masters degree, but if someone asked me to participate in a fancy dress-up party and they wanted to call it "Prom", I would still go.

And some people with degrees and grown-up jobs and all that still go to their high school reunions. I think it just depends on people's relationships and experiences, not their level of education.

• Like 6