Sign in to follow this  
The preacher

Sports Thread

Thought to bring a sports thread on here.

So It looks like the Oilers,did go so well aginst the east but it seems they play more of eastern style of game but they were awful aginst the Predators ,I looks like more and more iike more of defensive system then a Goaltending  issue .

I am hurt that the KC Royals  lost to the Giants but Madison Bumgrander was play lights out  in game 7.

oh and in the NBA ,the Nicks stil are awful.

Oh and big game the bangles and have aginst the browns.

So carry on with the sports talk if you like.

Anyone in American aware of the All Blacks from NZ playing a game againgst USA this weekend? Probably not Rugby is a blimp on the radar over their. Should be a great game, NZ well win by 100 points haha, but good chance to promote rugby in the US Market. 

• Like 1

Broncos vs. Patriots this weekend. There is a big quarterback rivalry between the teams, so it should be interesting. Pats are my team so I'm rooting for Brady to get his crap together this week. :p

• Like 1

What about soccer? Here in the UK, Liverpool lost today in the Premier League to Newcastle. Chelsea beat QPR 2-1 and Stoke drew 2-2 with West Ham but the big game of the week is tomorrow. Manchester City VS Manchester United! Has anybody got a prediction for the score? I'll say 4-3.

What about soccer? Here in the UK, Liverpool lost today in the Premier League to Newcastle. Chelsea beat QPR 2-1 and Stoke drew 2-2 with West Ham but the big game of the week is tomorrow. Manchester City VS Manchester United! Has anybody got a prediction for the score? I'll say 4-3.

Don't forget Arsenal also won 3-0 against Burnley. The Manchester derby on Super Sunday should be interesting. United have been poor this season, so I say 3-1 to city.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh I  made a mistake on bangles game they play the browns on thursday ,they played the jaguars on sunday.Both this and the seahawks game was close aginst bad bad clubs.seahawks loseing to the Radiers .Call that one shocking .

oh bye the way ........I really hate being a fan of the oilers.no hall and we are sunking the bed.

Any Seahawks fans? 

me say hey,but I am also an Eagles Bangles(my main team thought) and Saints guy.

1.Bangles ,2.Seahawks ,3.Eagles 4.Saints

congrats to Ohio State1347935685470404142ohio-state-logo%20cam

• Like 1

Green Bay here. ;)

Packers/Seahawks games are, imo, second only to Seahawks/49ers in terms of rivalry. Rodgers is a great qb, but with him being banged up, the Legion of Boom (Seahawks secondary defense) is going to hammer him all night. I'm expecting the game plan for the cheese heads includes never throwing towards Richard Sherman. Bam Bam Kam Chancellor was on fire last week. I think he's going to bring it again.

Final score Seahawks 24 Packers 21

Packers/Seahawks games are, imo, second only to Seahawks/49ers in terms of rivalry. Rodgers is a great qb, but with him being banged up, the Legion of Boom (Seahawks secondary defense) is going to hammer him all night. I'm expecting the game plan for the cheese heads includes never throwing towards Richard Sherman. Bam Bam Kam Chancellor was on fire last week. I think he's going to bring it again.

Final score Seahawks 24 Packers 21

The problem is Sherman can only shut down one receiver. Dallas doubled Nelson for most of the game, and Cobb and Jones have huge games.  Along with Quarles and Rodger (Richard).  GB was also missing two lineman that are healthy now.  I still think the Hawks are going to win, but I don't think it's going to be as easy as some assume.  But I'm a big fan of Russell Wilson also, (his final year was at Wisconsin), and the Seahawks are my second favorite team, so while I'll be disappointed if the Packers lose, I'll be rooting for the Hawks in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

ITA it's going to be a back and forth, hard fought game. If the Hawks lose today, I'll be rooting for GB in the Super Bowl.

For AFC, I want New England to win tonight.

ETA: what. A. Game! I stopped breathing for the entire 4th quarter and OT.

Edited by gohawks12
  • Like 1

I hope all the teams lose and the NFL gets cancelled. It's all so pointless and filled with criminals who get overpaid for being meatheads. 

May as well bring them onto the field with steakhooks and have them rip each other's helmets off.

Your comments are really entertaining me. Did you really like your own comment classic. NFL has been going on for almost a century. Its a national pastime in the States. So Good Luck :)

Edited by 3ku11

Super Bowl predictions anyone? Got to be Seattle for the win, although I reckon it will be close. It all depends on how well Tom Brady plays tonight.

Super Bowl is starting, chili is done and it's still snowing.

Been snowing for the last 24 hours, blizzard conditions right now and we will have about 17 inches total in the Chicago area before it ends tomorrow morning.  

It looks beautiful right now but it is going to suck digging out tomorrow!

• Like 1

GREAT GAME !

Lousy commercials !

But the question of the day is what is the tattoo on Katy Perry's upper right arm?

12 hours later and I'm still in shock and disbelief. We were 36 inches away and they throw a pass rather than let the best Running Back.(Lynch) in the league have the ball? REALLY?!?!

Let's see what happens to deflate gate now. My guess is nothing.

12 hours later and I'm still in shock and disbelief. We were 36 inches away and they throw a pass rather than let the best Running Back.(Lynch) in the league have the ball? REALLY?!?!

Let's see what happens to deflate gate now. My guess is nothing.

Yeah, your boy screwed that up big time. 

Why would the result of the Superbowl affect "deflate gate"? 

• Like 1

I don't thing anything will happen there, now. The game has been played or are you honestly thinking they're doing the super bowl again? 

No way ;)

Yeah, your boy screwed that up big time. 

Why would the result of the Superbowl affect "deflate gate"?

The NFL has yet to take any action on deflate gate. I honestly don't think that Roger Goddell will fine the Patriots. As for national media, the story is no longer deflate gate but the horrible play call from Bevell. I don't trust Goddell as far as I can throw him. He knows what side his bread is buttered on.

I am mad too about the Seahawks losing but oh well I think the hawks will be a good team for years to come.Also lets face it they are also the most hated team in the league for years to come as well.

• Like 2

You're totally right about that. Nobody wants to play at the Clink. We're the youngest team in the NFL. News broke today that Lynch has been offered a huge multi year contract extension and Wilson is looking at the end of his rookie contract. I don't think he'll become a free agent. 2 Super Bowls in 3 years is impressive. Schneider and Carroll would be idiots to not franchise Wilson as a last resort, not that I think it would come to that. We'll be back in the Super Bowl many more times.

• Like 1

Anybody interested in March Madness? I've got Kentucky on one of my brackets and Wisconsin for the other. I really think that Kentucky is going down early. Probably not to the 16 seed on Friday, but I don't think they'll make it to the elite 8.