The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.12 (January 11)

@Heroine26

are you kidding...the episode was hilarious.sheldon as wingman, howards belt buckel, sheldons second date. i admit the penny/leonard part was a bit boring but i liked the discussion in the laundry room about the different superstitions.

i dont think they will set up everyone with a girlfriend, that'll wear off. atm howard having a girlfriends fits because he was more or less solo all the time except for leslie but i'm sure ot wont take on forever.

"I cannot believe that Sheldon would be that against sex, that is just too abnormal, are there really guys like that out there?"

sheldon IS abnormal and i dont know anyone but with over 6 billion people on earth i'm sure theres someone like him. it's like with the universe...it's just too big for us to be alone.

"But I felt that Abby and Martha fell into their laps way too easily."

well technically martha didnt fell into sheldons lap ^^ and raj. i dont know how but in most cases he gets a girl (ie middle-earth-paradigm or hofstadter isotope)

btw... damn i need to get one of those lanterns and a power ring

I loved the episode , I think was a kick ass episode since the start I liked the Howard and Leonard dialogue, Raj invitation and Sheldon's Plans ...

about Sheldon with Martha I have only 3 words: Sheldon being Sheldon

well technically martha didnt fell into sheldons lap ^^ and raj. i dont know how but in most cases he gets a girl (ie middle-earth-paradigm or hofstadter isotope)

Yeah, he's usually very good with ladies! I mean, if it weren't for Howard screwing it up, he would have ''copulated'' with Summer Glau in a train! So I'm sure he can get any girl he wants! (which kinda makes me sad for him, considering that he can't talk to them unless he's drunk... but hey, Abby and him didn't really ''talk'' in the end! :p )

Disappointing. The scene where Leonard mocked Penny was telegraphed, not skillful comedy. Plus, do we really want Leonard as a crass clueless jerk, and Penny as a whining pouting loser? I mean, they were remarkably unappealing in this episode. Yucko.

On the bright side, nice to see Raj get more to do and Martha (or anybody) trying to seduce Sheldon is comic gold.

Disappointing. The scene where Leonard mocked Penny was telegraphed, not skillful comedy. Plus, do we really want Leonard as a crass clueless jerk, and Penny as a whining pouting loser? I mean, they were remarkably unappealing in this episode. Yucko.

On the bright side, nice to see Raj get more to do and Martha (or anybody) trying to seduce Sheldon is comic gold.

I wasn't disappointed at all. People like Penny bring people like Leonard down to earth. I see it all the time. And one day they will meet in the middle.

I can hardly wait to see Leonard going to a psychic and how she makes him see a whole new side of himself. Maybe he'll get a weekend job at Cheesecake Factory" and become a regular person (for a bit) roller skating at Venice Beach,

tupperware and lingerie parties.....ha...ha.....maybe a thong !

I hope to see Raj a chic magnet if he ever gets involved with a Yoga Class.

@Heroine26

are you kidding...the episode was hilarious.sheldon as wingman, howards belt buckel, sheldons second date. i admit the penny/leonard part was a bit boring but i liked the discussion in the laundry room about the different superstitions.

i dont think they will set up everyone with a girlfriend, that'll wear off. atm howard having a girlfriends fits because he was more or less solo all the time except for leslie but i'm sure ot wont take on forever.

"I cannot believe that Sheldon would be that against sex, that is just too abnormal, are there really guys like that out there?"

sheldon IS abnormal and i dont know anyone but with over 6 billion people on earth i'm sure theres someone like him. it's like with the universe...it's just too big for us to be alone.

"But I felt that Abby and Martha fell into their laps way too easily."

btw... damn i need to get one of those lanterns and a power ring

Oh, cmon....Sheldon have sex? No way Jose !! It would ruin his character.

I'm sure he got much more sexual satisfaction learning how to speak Finnish.

Loved last night's episode ! Can hardly wait to see Leonard go to a psychic !

Do your stuff writers !!

I agree with jrekent, I didn't like seeing Leonard be so closed minded (of course it doesnt help that I DO believe in psychics, some of them), but I just felt like he was being too much of a jerk which isn't like him. But if he does go to a psychic, that will be interesting. It doesn't really HAVE to go against science, it can just be another thing that scientists can try to study!

I do agree that Raj is good with the ladies, and Sheldon's sister liked him too! I think I'd like to see him overcome his mutism, but I wouldn't want to see him actually get a girlfriend though because it's fun to watch him use pickup lines! :icon_cheesygrin:

With all the India influence in America, I think Raj could become a chic magnet

with his "inner expertise" or (maybe help from his parents) of everything to do with meditation, yoga, diet, finding inner peace, etc. And drag his buddies with

him to experience nirvana. OOOMMMMM

Hm...I liked the episode, it had good moments - Sheldon being Sheldon, Raj explaining to Sheldon what a wingman does. Howard's diagram was classic and I was really happy that Leonard stood up for his believes. I didn't find him "closed minded", as a scientist, c'mon, psychics really aren't your thing. Why didn't Penny at least listen to his reasons??

But what really confused me was the final joke. I mean, yes it was funny- but Sheldon left somebody into his bedroom???? Do the writers really think we'll buy this? Never ever!

I thought that Penny had the best lines, and was most true to (her) character; I particularly enjoyed the restaurant scene.

The boy/girl foursome was funny, whereas the Sheldon/Raj story was ( for me ) improbable and mostly unfunny. What the studio audience was laughing at, I don't know; I barely smirked.

Are the writers trying too hard?

:icon_confused:

I mean, yes it was funny- but Sheldon left somebody into his bedroom???? Do the writers really think we'll buy this? Never ever!

That is kinda true... No one can be in his bedroom! ^_^ I guess he was just being kind, since Abby was ''getting busy'' with Raj and, well, in Sheldon's mind, she needed a place to rest! It would have been more Sheldon-like, I agree, if Sheldon suggested Martha to go in Leonard's room, instead that him going there himself. However, I guess it was funnier to make Martha builds her hopes up, just to be brought down by our favorite asexual! ^_^

As for Leonard, I don't really considered him a jerk. Maybe at the laughting point, that was a bad move of him (he could have said something like ''Well, I don't really believe in psychics, but for you I hope she's right on this one'', or something like that, which would have been nicer, yet still making him hold to his own beliefs... But we wouldn't have got a fight then, and what would be the rest of the story, really?). But besides that laught, he just tried to defend his point. Just like Penny! And in the end, he's the one open to ''go see the psychic'', while she won't read the book! ^_^ Just saying!

Again, great episode! I think the Sheldon/Raj is just one new favorite pairing! There were the episode in which Raj works with/for Sheldon, and now this one, and they work well together! :p

Also, I'd like Abby to stay! Ironically, of all the characters, I think Raj is the most fitting to get a full-time girlfriend (well, him and Leonard, I'd say)! I'd like to see next episode being a continuity of this one, in which Abby goes ''Hey, why aren't you talking to me anymore?'', and Sheldon goes and explain that ''He can't talk to women unless he's under alchool influence'' and the rest of the episode being about Raj and her trying to deal with that! ^_^ 'would be fun!

Also, I'd like Abby to stay! Ironically, of all the characters, I think Raj is the most fitting to get a full-time girlfriend (well, him and Leonard, I'd say)! I'd like to see next episode being a continuity of this one, in which Abby goes ''Hey, why aren't you talking to me anymore?'', and Sheldon goes and explain that ''He can't talk to women unless he's under alchool influence'' and the rest of the episode being about Raj and her trying to deal with that! ^_^ 'would be fun!

Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see how things would develop, but I think Danica McKellar was just a one-off guest star. It's kind of disappointing that a lot of stories aren't developed any further...

And btw, I'm a bit surprised that so many people here have said that Raj is the one best fitted for a girlfriend... I find him rather obnoxious when he's drunk (and can talk) and pretty lame when he's not drunk (and can't talk) - NOT as a character, but from a "suitable as boyfriend" point of view...

well, but to each their own as they say ;)

Well, funny thing, sometimes he's obnoxious when he's drunk (Like with Lalita, obviously, or with Penny too, once! :p), sometimes he's charming, or at least normal (like in this episode, or with the goth girls (in which he wasn't ''charming'', but not obnoxious either). 'probably depends on the amount of alchool he has in him (like, in ''The Pirate Solution'', when the cute girl enters, he gets his first drink and was actually very ''normal'', but his second one was just too much, wasn't it? :p )

As for when he's not drunk... well... it's just that I feel bad for him, that's why I say that! 'cause we know he can be quite the ladies-man if he wants, but then the selective mutism kicks in... :(

I've just watched Creepy Candy Coating (episode 05) and I thought that it

had a charm and subtly that the last one didn't.

I do like Howard's date.

:icon_wink:

'probably depends on the amount of alchool he has in him (like, in ''The Pirate Solution'', when the cute girl enters, he gets his first drink and was actually very ''normal'', but his second one was just too much, wasn't it? :p )

Let's do an experiment and titrate the right amount of alcohol to make Raj communicate with women without getting obnoxious ;)

I do like Howard's date.

:icon_wink:

Seriously? I find her hard to bear. And their interaction even more.

BTW is anyone else confused that on their third date, Bernadette expected sex and now after several dates they are still talking about "getting to third base" and "well, my shirt off"?? Howard wasn't that shy before...:p

I'm sure he got much more sexual satisfaction learning how to speak Finnish.

I was happy when I noticed it's real Finnish he was speaking :) Even the pronounciation was quite understandable :icon_wink:

I think Leonard is a little close minded, but anything he can't prove that exists he doesn't believe it he was a little bit of a jerk to penny there's one thing to not believe what she does and there's that(laughing at her).

As for Sheldon is he really that obilivious or against relationships

It would be funny when penny takes Leonard to see her psychic and says they're not meant for each other and describes the person penny is suppose to be with,

Leonard sure acts like a jerk when he and penny are together

I just love this episode! When Sheldon wished good night to her willing date: "Good night puny human!" (with Hulk hands), i almost died laughing. :D

I love Leonard, I do, but I don't get his rationale here. Why does he feel he has to give up his intellectual integrity because his girlfriend believes in psychics? That makes no sense. For one thing, what couple shares every single belief? Beyond that, Penny isn't stupid, it's not like she'd be surprised to find that Leonard thinks it's nonsense. All she did was ask him not to laugh at her, and he behaved like a jackass. "The most obnoxious person on a double date that included Howard Wolowitz" - LOL!

I love Leonard, I do, but I don't get his rationale here. Why does he feel he has to give up his intellectual integrity because his girlfriend believes in psychics? That makes no sense. For one thing, what couple shares every single belief? Beyond that, Penny isn't stupid, it's not like she'd be surprised to find that Leonard thinks it's nonsense. All she did was ask him not to laugh at her, and he behaved like a jackass. "The most obnoxious person on a double date that included Howard Wolowitz" - LOL!

I agree with everything you said, maybe we know now why Leonard couldn't get a girl all these years, he has his perfect dream girl in Penny but realizes she doesn't fit in his box he has her in and what's with him wanting his girlfriend to have the exact same interests as him if he wants that then he's going to be dating less hot, I don't know why that Penny believes in psychics is that shocking when she first met him and Sheldon she tells them she believes in astrology.