The Sets Are Too Bright And Colorful?

I think that, especially with Penny, that's kind of the point.  The bright colors are supposed to emphasize her bubbly personality, her femininity, the different side of life that she exposed the guys to.

That said, I don't think the colors are at all unrealistically bright.  Plenty of people I know have apartments that look similar.

• Like 3

Have you felt like Bernadette's and Penny's apartments are too bright and colorful??

Especially, too much lime green, it's like an Ikea catalog.  The guys' apartments are not like that.

I've noticed the cinematography seems brighter on this series (it differed in Season 5 too).

• Like 1

I think the girls should paint their apartments beige and buy beige furniture.

Penny's apartment has so much pink, light greens, purple and the sofa is teal, I believe.  That's what is unsettling. Not that much dark blue or dark red.

It reminds me of those Valentine candies that are hearts with words on them.

Howard's jeans are also blinding.

Penny's apartment has so much pink, light greens, purple and the sofa is teal, I believe.  That's what is unsettling. Not that much dark blue or dark red.

It reminds me of those Valentine candies that are hearts with words on them.

Howard's jeans are also blinding.

Sorry, but that's a little ridiculous.  There's no rule that says she needs to use dark colors.  If those are the colors she likes in her home (and Bernie, too), then what difference does it make?

Her apartment looks more "girly" while the guys' apartment looks more "masculine", if you will.  That has been the nature of her decor since the pilot, I believe.  Maybe she's gotten a few more pillows or whatever, but it's been essentially the same since day one.

What difference does it make?

I'm just saying, Penny's apartment has garish colors.  I'm not saying we should kill her for it.

I take back what I said about Bernadette's place.  It's not really like Penny's.

Garish is in the eye of the beholder.  You seem to prefer more muted colors, others do not.  Penny's apartment has never struck me as garish.

Nor have Howard's pants.

Well thb I think that TBBT use bright colours for some of their sets. I remember that was one of the things I noticed before I started watching the show. I suppose for the apartment it's there to match Penny's bubbly personality as other people said. I am not saying aesthetically these are my favourite colours but they kind of match the cheerful character of the show. Now I am really used to it and I like it more than before.

I would have to agree with Hooligan.  The girls' apartments were made to look "feminine" and the guys' apartments were made to look "masculine."  Guys don't really decorate much.  Plus, being scientists, the guys are probably minimalists and wouldn't be into decorating anyway. 

• 5 weeks later...

Have you felt like Bernadette's and Penny's apartments are too bright and colorful??

Especially, too much lime green, it's like an Ikea catalog. The guys' apartments are not like that.

I love the colors in Penny's & Bernie's apartment! When you look at the mess in Penny's apartment, that even looks bright and colorful! I agree with the others, it reflects her personality! XOXO