The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tonstar17

Best Jokes You Know

Coming up next on BBC1, two TV programs you don't want to get confused.

Escape to the Hountryside and Bargain .......

Oh hang on a minute. :blush: 

Mister Harris, you have been found guilty by this court, and it is my duty to pass sentence.

Can you tell what it is yet?

• Like 1

BMW's next car is to be called the Hemorrhoid, because, eventually, every arsehole gets one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a new movie out, about a world where monkeys have given up tobacco.

It's called Planet Of The Vapes.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

My wife and I decided to not have children.

The kids are pretty upset.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My daughter told us about what happened to her a few weeks ago.

She lives in the middle of nowhere on a long dirt road. On her way home one dark and stormy night, she see's an old guy with a long beard, dirty clothes with a backpack, hitchhiking. Well, even if this is a back road, she decides to pick him up. Once inside the car, after a long pause, he starts to speak, "Missy, we are miles from anywhere, and you are a pretty young thing, you know nothing about me, I could be a serial killer. What made you decide to pick me up ?

My daughter without missing a beat, replied "the odds of TWO serial killers in this same car is just too big of a coincidence !"

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I want is world peace, an end to global poverty and free health care for all.
and an Aston Martin, a huge estate in Wiltshire, shit loads of coke and gallons of vodka.
Ooo lots of good hookers.
Great fame and vast wealth.
I am a person of simple needs.

• Like 1

TONY, I didn't get it at first, because I don't know how to forward, paste or copy (ELOISE does it for me) on my computer. My "stupid" phone only allows me to talk or send/receive text messages, and on my printer I CAN still fax. (REALLY, REALLY).

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

TONY, I didn't get it at first, because I don't know how to forward, paste or copy (ELOISE does it for me) on my computer. My "stupid" phone only allows me to talk or send/receive text messages, and on my printer I CAN still fax. (REALLY, REALLY).

Faxes are so easy and secure compared with the clumsy,cumbersome,old-fashioned-feeling way of sending documents by internet. I still use mine. Young people don't know what they're missing.

I am old I didn't even know you COULD send documents by internet, but I guess you'd have to.

PS thanks to you and TONY for liking my daughters serial killer night drive. The Police have started to put up missing posters that sound like the old guy.

• Like 1

To send a document by the internet you first have to scan it, a bit like using a photocopier, then you have to browse for the document in the computer, and get it to the size you want, and then save it. If there's more than one page you have to scan them all individually. You then send an email to the recipient, attaching the document by browsing for it again. To fax a document you put it in the slot, dial the recipient's number and press'send'. If there's more than one page they go through one after the other automatically. I can't believe anybody thinks the former method is more up-to-date. Our local hospital has just got rid of all its fax machines and numbers because they're old-fashioned. Good way of keeping patients at arm's length because they don't publish email addresses for  the departments.

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

To send a document by the internet you first have to scan it, a bit like using a photocopier, then you have to browse for the document in the computer, and get it to the size you want, and then save it. If there's more than one page you have to scan them all individually. You then send an email to the recipient, attaching the document by browsing for it again.

It depends on what the document is.

If it's a word document, you right click it and choose "Mail recipient", enter an email address and hit "Send".

To send a document by the internet you first have to scan it, a bit like using a photocopier, then you have to browse for the document in the computer, and get it to the size you want, and then save it. If there's more than one page you have to scan them all individually. You then send an email to the recipient, attaching the document by browsing for it again. To fax a document you put it in the slot, dial the recipient's number and press'send'. If there's more than one page they go through one after the other automatically. I can't believe anybody thinks the former method is more up-to-date. Our local hospital has just got rid of all its fax machines and numbers because they're old-fashioned. Good way of keeping patients at arm's length because they don't publish email addresses for  the departments.
It's ok, we are now officially on the internet. Let the fax RIP

According to a survey recently collected from over 1000 doctors nationwide, more than half — 63% of physicians — still use fax as a main form of communication.
The healthcare industry, it has been said, is slow to adopt new information technologies, and in the case of fax machines seemingly even slower to abandon old ones.  
However, given the huge investments providers are making in electronic medical record systems, it's an accurate assertion that the industry is slow to change and that government is to blame. The reason fax technology continues to play a central role in health information exchange is because an electronic health information exchange standard has not successfully replaced it.  To understand why, is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

It's ok, we are now officially on the internet. Let the fax RIP emoji16.png

According to a survey recently collected from over 1000 doctors nationwide, more than half — 63% of physicians — still use fax as a main form of communication.
The healthcare industry, it has been said, is slow to adopt new information technologies, and in the case of fax machines seemingly even slower to abandon old ones.  
However, given the huge investments providers are making in electronic medical record systems, it's an accurate assertion that the industry is slow to change and that government is to blame. The reason fax technology continues to play a central role in health information exchange is because an electronic health information exchange standard has not successfully replaced it.  To understand why, is beyond me.

Which country is that ?

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It depends on what the document is.

If it's a word document, you right click it and choose "Mail recipient", enter an email address and hit "Send".

Well yes, if it's already in the computer. I mean a real one made of paper.

And the children of Israel wandered round the desert for 40 years until, eventually, Mosses wife said "Are you going to ask for directions, or what?"

• Like 1