The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vportilla

Reason of the Growning of the Audience in Three last espisodes

It's so different than any other sitcom on television. It doesn't follow the formula (family, suburbs, dumb dad and hot mom, etc).

I think its the plot, afterall that's what makes people watching the show when it would be the first time, if the plot convince you you stayed tuned to the show and if you really liked the flow of the relationships and development of the characters then you are oficially hooked up but the plot is very important of course, tied in the number one reason with watching Kaley lol, that's my reason I have to admit it lol.

But, I really think is the basic and the fundamental....the plot, then after that you add guest stars who can "thicken the plot" so, "the plot thickens" jajaja I liked that expresion, there is always something more.

well I can agree with you about the plot but my question is because after the Espisode The Adhesive Duck Deficiency has a rating of 13.48 , a part of Shenny shippers proclaims that only the Sheldon and Penny interactions are the reason that people watch the series, but after the The Vengance Formulation has a rating of 14.22 they did not say anything, and the audience still growing up, one friend of mine and I belive that the people that love the entire show and are not shippers are the majority but they don't like to be in forums.

In my opinion the growing up is for the plot, as white knight said the guest star can be atractive but they don't make the entire episode

External reasons play a part. Dancing with the Stars finished a few episodes ago, meaning a lot of viewers were free to watch the show.

It saw the same sort of spike, although to a lesser extent, last Christmas.

Graph: http://the-big-bang-theory.com/ratingserv/ALL/nielsen_viewers/FULL/

Have to side with tripper on this one, although NBC's the sing-off was a direct competitor to BBT last monday. Admitting it is the plot would mean that previous episodes were lousy. Which is not the case.

I voted for "The plots", but I think it's because of the little bit of fan service with Sheldon getting kissed, and the Shenny moments.

I am not complaining about this, I am completely neutral, as long as the show is funny.

Well. Heroes is going to directly compete with Big Bang again. starting next week.

I was really looking forward to not having to DVR both shows.

Well, I thought the 1st episode was excellent but then it went downhill for the next few, so I thought they were running out of steam. Then it picked up again IMHO, so maybe word of mouth?

The TV audience figures (in the UK) will grow by word of mouth. The TV Company, Channel 4, doesn't seem to know what kind of jewel it has and keeps broadcasting the show in a random fashion.

I keep telling as many people as I can; it was recommended to me by a friend.

I think its the plot, afterall that's what makes people watching the show when it would be the first time, if the plot convince you you stayed tuned to the show and if you really liked the flow of the relationships and development of the characters then you are oficially hooked up but the plot is very important of course, tied in the number one reason with watching Kaley lol, that's my reason I have to admit it lol.

But, I really think is the basic and the fundamental....the plot, then after that you add guest stars who can "thicken the plot" so, "the plot thickens" jajaja I liked that expresion, there is always something more.

Plot? Who wants a plot or flow of relationships? Watch a soap opera! I like surprises each week, not predictability. Not like 2 1/2 Men with Charlie and his overbearing fiance which was getting too stale. The last two weeks were hysterical with Alan and fiance's father may or may not have come out of the closet. How were those ratings !?