The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

811 The Clean Room Infiltration (December 11)

Your Episode Ratings  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

That was incredibly touching. Even with Kaz, Michy, Dana, and MJ's great descriptions, it really was above and beyond. You can feel how much Shamy love each other. It was so perfect. :cry: :cry:

I don't even know where to begin.

• Like 8

I hope it wasent too Shamy centric. As I agree with the person who said hope it doesent become too centrically Shamy, Lenny, or Howardette. To the point it becomes seperate shows. Have the focus on all the characters. But sounds like a good one.

I hope it wasent too Shamy centric. As I agree with the person who said hope it doesent become too centrically Shamy, Lenny, or Howardette. To the point it becomes seperate shows. Have the focus on all the characters. But sounds like a good one.

the fighting between Howard and Leonard was funny but the sheldon moments were such big emotional ones that it wasn't as well balanced as the prom episode

Loved tonight's show.  So adorable.  Fun having Sheldon and Bernie in a scene together and loved Bernadette singing carols, everything in the clean room was a hoot (having spent many a day in those rooms I could totally relate to that scene).   And of course the Shamy stuff was adorable.   Loved Penny's dress and I really enjoyed her side comments to everything.  She really tried to put up with the ridiculousness of the games of Amy's and proved herself worthy of the title "bestie".   Also love that Penny came up with the plan to get the guys out of the clean room.   All in all it was a really fun show! 

Average episode at best imho. Weak dialogues, the Shamy thing getting a little old, plot holes (did they leave the 2nd bird there just dying over the holidays?).

• Like 2

LOVED IT!

The clean room stuff was funny and goofy and I loved Howard trying to do CPR on the pigeon.  I cracked up at Raj's line about "if you pop it I will vomit" or whatever.  Loved that line.

And I loved Amy's weirdo Victorian parlor games, and Penny's face as she watched Amy and Dr. K blowing the wool ball back and forth.  Kinda like Pigeon Ping Pong...

Loved Sheldon and Bernie in the car and at the mall, as Sheldon was transformed as he described the things he knew about Amy and admitted to Bernie that he loved Amy.  And Sheldon sitting on Santa's lap was too funny (and the Santa was played by the same actor as in the Santa Simulation).  Loved the gift to Amy.

And the cookies...

And even though I knew that Sheldon was going to slap Raj's hand away, that moment was fantastic.

Very funny and very sweet. :)

PS, I wrote my little fic for the Holiday Challenge based on Sheldon's comment about Amy kissing him under the mistletoe at the tree lot.  It's called The Tijuana Sex Show Simulation (and no, it's not smutty...)  If you'd like to check it out, it's linked in the fanfic Holiday Challenge thread (and the link to my FF.net page is in my signature space.)

• Like 4

Average episode at best imho. Weak dialogues, the Shamy thing getting a little old, plot holes (did they leave the 2nd bird there just dying over the holidays?).

Can't disagree about the Shamy(though it didn't bother me.) Kind of cruel to let the bird die though.

Far and away my favorite episode of the series to date... everything about it was perfect to me  (yes I am biased I don't care)

• Like 3

Loved seeing Sheldon and Bernadette together, even briefly.  The scene of her singing in the car while he makes faces cracks me up.

And the bird snatching the Slim Jim out of Leonard's hand while he's trying to make a point... :laugh:

I'll keep my Shamy feels for the ship zone thread, other than simply to say that I loved this episode so much more than I had anticipated, and I was already prepared for a lot.  Shamy is in a perfect place right now, so I think (and hope) that it's time for some major Lenny moments in the new year.

• Like 4

I so agree with you. I chuckled maybe once, as a former raging shamy shipper I gotta say I'm getting bored with their ridiculous relationship, I'm so over them. The bickering between Leonard and Howard was not amusing to me at all, I don't think Leonard or Raj think Howard is less intelligent by any means; it seems they did just for this episode so they could create a plot. Penny was great though.

• Like 1

Loved seeing Sheldon and Bernadette together, even briefly.  The scene of her singing in the car while he makes faces cracks me up.

And the bird snatching the Slim Jim out of Leonard's hand while he's trying to make a point... :laugh:

[snip]

This is what I was thinking.

That and Sheldon thinking perhaps gift giving is not so bad after all.

I really enjoyed this one.

• Like 1

Howard and Leonard were best friends until Raj came??

Correct me if I am wrong ,I always thought Raj and Howard first were friends and then they met Leonard.

• Like 3

Howard and Leonard were best friends until Raj came??

Correct me if I am wrong ,I always thought Raj and Howard first were friends and then they met Leonard.

You are correct. It was established in Stair Case Implementation. Leonard meet Raj and Howard.

• Like 3

Love tonight's episode so much it was a VERY SHAMY CHRISTMAS!!  It was so sweet the way Sheldon talked about how Amy's eyes sparkle and how he knows all of of her favorite things and that told Bernadette he loves her.  SQUEE!!  I wish we got to see them actually kiss under the mistletoe but I'm just glad they at least had Sheldon mention that it happened.  The best part was the ending with the Christmas cookies.  I think that was so sweet and the revenge gift Sheldon got Amy was adorable too cause you know it even though he did it to make her feel bad, he still loves her enough to even buy her a gift at all and go to her christmas dinner even though he didn't want to.  When the talking picture frame said "I hope you treasure this as much as I treasure you." that was the sweetest thing you just know Amy will never forget this Christmas and I can already imagine future Christmas with the Coopers several years from now where Sheldon is not only helping Amy decorate and throw Christmas themed parties, but they have kids and he's dressing up as a Darth Vader Santa Claus and trying to sneak presents into the house for them only to be caught by his own children who set a trap for Santa and Bazinga that crap out of Shelly lol

The holiday themed BBT episodes are always my favorites either Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day,  Can't wait til the next holiday one :)

The storyline with Howard, Raj and Leonard was funny too.  I kind of wish Sheldon had showed up at the lab to show them the revenge gift he got for Amy only to be attacked by that bird and freak out and thats how the black bird ended up leaving the lab and the guys were in the clear that would have been hilarious, but still overall it was really cute/funny storyline.  

My favorite part besides SHAMY, was getting to see Sheldon and Bernadette finally hanging out one on one together.  They've had alone time with all the other main characters Sheldon and Bernadette are last two in group to finally bond.  Love how Sheldon looked in that suit tonight and how he and Bernadette went shopping for a gift for Amy, just like he and Penny did for her once before and yeah it really shows how close the whole group has become that Sheldon is now willing to take rides in the car from any of his friends not just Leonard, Amy or Penny anymore.  I hope next we get to see them all get closer to Emily too.  Then the group will finally be complete.  SQUEE!

Overall I did enjoy tonight's episode probably not for the same reasons most other have stated on this forum. Two questions I do have though:

1. Wasn't Sheldon's sole purpose off getting her a gift to embarrass her(in front of her friends) enough so that he would never have to go through Christmas again. He didn't get the gift out of love but to make her feel bad.

2. As my daughter pointed out isn't it creepy a grown man goes and sits on Santa's lap?

Obviously things all worked out in the end. I espicially enjoyed Lenny's look from the kitchen when Sheldon's plan totally backfired.

I had some time to watch it again, and I loved the Shamy story, Amy & Sheldon's ILY (Sheldon confessed it to Bernadette), and the S&B shopping. And the gift giving was very cute too.

No idea what Raj's father brought to the episode, and the plot from H&L was boring imho.

• Like 1

Overall I did enjoy tonight's episode probably not for the same reasons most other have stated on this forum. Two questions I do have though:

1. Wasn't Sheldon's sole purpose off getting her a gift to embarrass her(in front of her friends) enough so that he would never have to go through Christmas again. He didn't get the gift out of love but to make her feel bad.

2. As my daughter pointed out isn't it creepy a grown man goes and sits on Santa's lap?

Obviously things all worked out in the end. I espicially enjoyed Lenny's look from the kitchen when Sheldon's plan totally backfired.

1. Not exactly. He wanted to gt her a great gift. He expected her to feel the same discomfort at receiving a gift that he typically feels. As far as I recall "in front of friends " had nothing to do with it.

2. Young people these days over use the word creepy.

• I have heard it said that the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is creepy too.  "He sees you when you're sleeping".
  • It has also been said that putting a kid on Santa's lap asking for gifts is creepy.
  • They say looking at someones on line profile is creeping the profile.

People did not think that way when I was young. The word is so generalized it has lost all meaning.

A grown man sitting on Santa's lap is unusual and maybe even weird.

It was a nice episode.

Loved Bernie´s singing in the car *LOL*
Loved Bernie & Sheldon going shopping together

I loved what Sheldon said about Amy in the mall

Loved the gifs Shamy gave to each other -> so adorable!

Oh and the bird story was funny *LOL*
And when the guys sang in the car amused me too *LOL*

And it was good to see Raj´s dad

Howard and Leonard looked like Oompa Loompas in their clean room suits. What is the writers' obsession with birds? They should have made it a bat just to change things up.

Much like the kiss last year, I enjoyed that Sheldon's mockery of romance turned into a genuine moment between he and Amy. It's really the only realistic way to get him to change his POV and allow for progress in their relationship.

Jim and Mayim were wonderful in their scenes tonight.