The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

811 The Clean Room Infiltration (December 11)

Your Episode Ratings  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I loved this episode. Might actually slide into #1 for me as it was start to finish heavy on the Shamy feels (but I will save most of that for the Shamy thread)

I thought the actual clean room stuff was funny and obviously the comedy portion of the episode. It's nice that it's been sort of shuffled aside the Howard/Leonard friendship. In both of their respective main friendships Howard and Leonard but have taught and in some ways matured both Raj and Sheldon. Both guys have been in serious relationships for a long time and somewhere down the line their friendship became less important. It was sweet seeing that come out.

I loved both Penny and Bernadette's dresses

Land what's left to say about the Shamy. Oh man, what a shippers dream. So happy it was Bernadette who got to see Sheldon's why I love Amy stuff. She has had doubts and doesn't really get them but now she does.

The gift giving was so adorable and showed the meaning of Christmas is to make those you love happy and Sheldon finally got it at the end.

Loved it!!

• Like 4

Average episode at best imho. Weak dialogues, the Shamy thing getting a little old, plot holes (did they leave the 2nd bird there just dying over the holidays?).

Yes, because that was the most important part of the episode... :icon_rolleyes:

Overall I did enjoy tonight's episode probably not for the same reasons most other have stated on this forum. Two questions I do have though:

1. Wasn't Sheldon's sole purpose off getting her a gift to embarrass her(in front of her friends) enough so that he would never have to go through Christmas again. He didn't get the gift out of love but to make her feel bad.

2. As my daughter pointed out isn't it creepy a grown man goes and sits on Santa's lap?

Obviously things all worked out in the end. I espicially enjoyed Lenny's look from the kitchen when Sheldon's plan totally backfired.

His purpose was to make her feel bad because he assumed she had not gotten him a gift.  That's why it had to be the perfect gift--one he know she would absolutely love.  The better the gift (a gift she would love and treasure--so he had to know what would make her happy in that sense), the worse she would feel about not getting him a gift.

That was his plan so that she would terrible for not getting him a gift, thus ruining the holiday for her so that she wouldn't make him participate in the future and she would understand how much he dislikes it.

And of course it backfired because he seems to instinctively know how to sweep her off her feet (the tiara, the EC form) and she wasn't going to feel bad.

And of course, the cookies were the perfect counterpart.

Almost like the reverse of "The Gift of the Magi" or something.

I think that sitting on Santa's lap could have been very weird if Sheldon actually believed it was the real Santa or if he were asking Santa for something for Christmas.

In this case, Santa was merely a prop in order to provide Amy with something she would love--a cute picture of Sheldon with a Christmas theme.  I don't think it would have been any different in tone than if he had posed with a reindeer or something else Christmasy.  But maybe seeing him doing something cute like that--and the fact that he thought to give it to her--was something that she would really love, more than any random gift like a sweater, etc.

• Like 4

I thought it was excellent.  I lol'd a few times. 

This one definitely played better than how I read it.  That is nothing against those that write reports AT ALL.  I commend all those who can do this for us.  Thank you!

My bias here truly is that I love this time of year and I thought this episode was a solid holiday episode. 

I only watched it once and this was my kneejerk reaction.  

Edited by Denise07

I don't  know why Raj's father was even in this episode. Raj did not anything related to it.

Amy's games were boring, I had similar reactions to Raj's father and Penny while watching those scenes.Same joke being repeated again and again is boring

Bird and Gift plots were ok. Overall an average episode.

And Raj and Howard were friends before.

And why did not the other couples buy gifts?? I don't see any other reason than this being the Sheldon show.

Edited by ATM

I'm pretty sure the other couples did give gifts to each other privately.  Sheldon only did it in front of everyone to make a point and "wreck" Christmas when of course it ended up flipping back to him actually appreciating it. 

I don't  know why Raj's father was even in this episode. Raj did not anything related to it.

Amy's games were boring, I had similar reactions to Raj's father and Penny while watching those scenes.Same joke being repeated again and again is boring

I agree. If they were going to cut out the part of the father commenting on Raj being gay, Amy pointing out the hook up, and the father calling Raj's mother about Penny there was no point on having him on. I think suggesting the games were a little boring is being kind.

I'm pretty sure the other couples did give gifts to each other privately.  Sheldon only did it in front of everyone to make a point and "wreck" Christmas when of course it ended up flipping back to him actually appreciating it. 

Christmas gifts are given when the party is hosted. At most of the places I know this happens.

Private stuff in sitcoms means nothing . It has to either shown or implied.

If I remember correctly in the past few years Penny did not give Leonard anything for Christmas. This time she has nice job and money in her hand and should have brought something for Leonard.

And Leonard seems to even lose his place on the chair . He was sitting down on the floor. I don't remember seeing this before.

Might be analogous to his role in the show lol.

Edited by ATM

ACTUALLY my husband & I do NOT give gifts in front of all my family at Christmas Eve...we exchange with each other Christmas morning.  And the other couples probably did just that. 

I don't think anything was implied by saying nobody was giving their partners gifts.  Kinda not the point of that scene at all. 

• Like 1

ACTUALLY my husband & I do NOT give gifts in front of all my family at Christmas Eve...we exchange with each other Christmas morning.  And the other couples probably did just that. 

I don't think anything was implied by saying nobody was giving their partners gifts.  Kinda not the point of that scene at all. 

chill out , no need to get your panties in a twist and posting in caps lol

I posted what I thought and see without yelling . You can also do the same. No need to yell

Not the point in the scene at all?? Really what would be different if the other couples bought each other gifts for Christmas

Edited by ATM

sorry couldn't figure out a way to type out the feeling of banging my head against a wall...

either way, I just think the whole notion that the couples don't give each other gifts just cause its not on screen is silly.  It was a group party, and again, pretty sure (just like most couples I know) they would have exchanged privately.

• Like 3

sorry couldn't figure out a way to type out the feeling of banging my head against a wall...

either way, I just think the whole notion that the couples don't give each other gifts just cause its not on screen is silly.  It was a group party, and again, pretty sure (just like most couples I know) they would have exchanged privately.

oh there is a simple emoticon for that on this site   :banghead:     Use it next time instead of all the yelling.

And I happen to think the exact opposite of what you think :)

Edited by ATM

I really enjoyed the entire episode.  The guys in the clean room was funnier than I expected.  As for the Shamy stuff, the writers delivered the perfect blend of funny and sweet.

When Raj's father was talking to Penny about being engaged to Leonard, was anyone else expecting him to make a comment about how he's glad Leonard is with Penny now and not Priya?

• Like 3

chill out , no need to get your panties in a twist and posting in caps lol

I posted what I thought and see without yelling . You can also do the same. No need to yell

Not the point in the scene at all?? Really what would be different if the other couples bought each other gifts for Christmas

Though ATM has a point I do agree with Kerry on this one. It was obviously planned that no gifts were being brought to the party because of Sheldon(wrong as that may be). There is a reasonable explanation for Leonard on the floor in the Lenny thread #2561. Thanks to ATM now I have a picture of Kerry in my head. LOL

• Like 2

I thought the actual clean room stuff was funny and obviously the comedy portion of the episode. It's nice that it's been sort of shuffled aside the Howard/Leonard friendship. In both of their respective main friendships Howard and Leonard but have taught and in some ways matured both Raj and Sheldon. Both guys have been in serious relationships for a long time and somewhere down the line their friendship became less important. It was sweet seeing that come out.

It's funny, right before this episode aired I was thinking about what relationships in the show haven't been well-explored, and the first one that came to mind was Howard/Leonard. I've never felt their dynamic was particularly interesting, and I don't feel like much was added to it in this episode (since all Leonard did was rag on Howard about his intelligence). The clean room plot wasn't my favorite, but it was still better than I expected it to be. The Shamy plot, of course, gave me sooo many feels!

• Like 1

Loved, loved, loved this episode! 

The guys' scenes were hilarious, I laughed out loud at basically every of their scenes in the clean room. Simon and Johnny did such a great job in this episode, seriously. What I also realized is that I need more Sheldon & Bernadette scenes, what a nice change.

As for Shamy, I have only one word - AWWWWW. They really must be preparing us for something big coming at the end of the season... Can't wait to see where this will go. Loved Amy's hair, they definitely could make her hair like that more often. Also, was I the only one wondering during the ball of wool scene if Mayim seriously can't blow, you know, "quietly" or if it was on purpose? lol

Oh, and one more thing; I'd be SO here for a Tom Hanks-giving! :haha:

• Like 2

I think the deal about the gifts was that they weren't planning the party as a gift exchange party, no matter who does what in their personal lives here in the forums.  Sometimes people have a Christmas party without doing gifts, if the main point of the party is simply the meal and some games.

And since everyone knows how much Sheldon objects to the notion of exchanging gifts, it could be that they were simply planning to have the meal and Amy's games--which were obviously supposed to be "boring" and offbeat.  It would be the same as Raj's murder mystery party and Tom Hanksgiving--someone really into some random thing that the others comply with because they're kind of put in an awkward position.

And it could also be that they didn't plan to exchange gifts because Raj's father was there.  Would everyone be expected to get him something?  Would he be expected to get gifts for the others?  Of course not.  Would Raj's father even celebrate Christmas?  It would be kind of rude for everyone to exchange gifts while he sat there watching.

And I also think that Raj's father's presence might not be a one-episode thing.  Just like the announcement of the divorce doesn't mean an end to scenes with Raj's parents.  He could end up being in the next few episodes, which, of course, puts a crimp on Raj's love life or social life, having to introduce Emily to his father, or maybe even having his mother also come to visit while Raj gets caught in the middle, and so forth.

And having him there is what allowed Amy to host the party, have awkward games before the gang arrived, etc..

ATM, once again, you don't get to decide how people express themselves in their posts.  If kerry wants to use caps for a word here or there, that doesn't mean she's yelling or that she has to use whatever smilie you think she should use.

• Like 4

Great episode!  I liked the Sheldon/Bernadette story line the best I think, as well as the last Shamy moment.  I just hope Penny doesn't let Raj's dad get into her head to much going into her marriage with Leonard.

Christmas gifts are given when the party is hosted. At most of the places I know this happens.

Private stuff in sitcoms means nothing . It has to either shown or implied.

If I remember correctly in the past few years Penny did not give Leonard anything for Christmas. This time she has nice job and money in her hand and should have brought something for Leonard.

I'm pretty sure Bernadette's conversation with Sheldon in the car ("You have to get her something," etc.) was implication that the other couples were exchanging gifts, just apparently not at the party. (At the very least, it implied that Howard and Bernadette were exchanging.)

I do kind of wish that Penny had given Leonard a gift on-screen though, for the reason you stated.  Maybe Valentine's Day?

• Like 1

I think they tried a bit too hard in this episode

Some of it was quite charming but it wasn't particularly funny.

And we do NOT play the balll of wool game....or hot beans and bacon game in England.....honest guvnor......strike a light......boiled beef n' carrots....ow's yer father

Edited by The Lash

ok let's play nice. Concentrate on the points of discussion, not the poster. If you think something is over the line report it, don't answer it or tell others how to post.

I think they tried a bit too hard in this episode

Some of it was quite charming but it wasn't particularly funny.

And we do NOT play the balll of wool game....or hot beans and bacon game in England.....honest guvnor......strike a light......boiled beef n' carrots....ow's yer father

it was victorian England, not modern England. And I'm pretty sure Amy trying too hard and going overboard was part of the joke.
  • Like 2

I hate the word "panties". It's like "moist". It's a word aversion thing. Also the way it diminishes the correspondents. Mostly we use knickers here, except a red carpet events.

I liked the excuse for Emily. Both she and her host work too hard. Nice inside gag.

• Like 5

I hate the word "panties". It's like "moist". It's a word aversion thing. Also the way it diminishes the correspondents. Mostly we use knickers here, except a red carpet events.

I liked the excuse for Emily. Both she and her host work too hard. Nice inside gag.

I think the word "panties" is pretty funny in certain contexts, mostly because I used to babysit a set of triplets and when they began potty training, the little girl had panties before the boys, so naturally the boys referred to their underwear at "panties" as well.  And of course, they thought they had a tail...

When it comes to word aversion, I'm not crazy about words like "fleshy" or "belly" when used to refer to adults, like doctors talking about "belly pain" or whatever.  Bellies and belly buttons are fine on cats...

Wow, lack of laughs (or even chuckles) was amazing. Rankinq down there with  Itchy Brain and Speckerman. Obviously the Shamy are over the moon with this but this is supposed to be a comedy not some weird romance.