Your Favorite Top 5 Sitcoms Ever

3ku11

You mean besides The Big Bang Theory, of course.

Well this is primarly a fan site, so BBT goes without saying. But I do have a varied interests in tv shows haha, not primarily Big Bang beleive it or not. So diddn't think I needed to point it out.  

Well this is primarly a fan site, so BBT goes without saying. But I do have a varied interests in tv shows haha, not primarily Big Bang beleive it or not. So diddn't think I needed to point it out.  

I know, but the evil part of me just couldn't resist yanking your chain a little...

Clearly tbbt takes precedence here. As I said fav personal not overall. I always find it hard pressed to justify current sitcoms better then past classics. Bbt is currently my fav sitcom. Friends well.always be #1 for me. But its awesome to see the diversity

It would be hard for me to choose between Friends and TBBT for the number one spot.  There is literally not an experience in my life that I can't relate to a Friends moment (which my real friends probably find both endearing and annoying at times).  On the other hand, being a geek myself with lots of science-y/geeky friends, TBBT feels more like my actual life.  I can identify with someone like Amy a lot more than I could with someone like Rachel or Monica.

But excluding TBBT altogether, I would probably go with:

1. Friends

2. ALF

3. Boy Meets World (childhood nostalgia)

4. The Golden Girls

5. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Honorable mention: I love Michael J. Fox in Family Ties.  Unfortunately, I just don't really like Family Ties as a show.  Sorry, Alex P. Keaton.

Edited by BespectacledBrunette
  • Like 1

Yes most of my life experiences I can relate to Friends. It was such a universally relatable show. Bbt is the only one that comes close for me. But I can relate to Friends more then bbt. My honurable mentions;

Curb Your Enthusiasm

How I met Your Mother

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a lot more TV when I was younger and you included the word "ever".  It is kind of hard to rank things I watched decades ago against stuff I watched fairly recently.

1. Happy Days

2. Everyone Loves Raymond

3. The Newhart Show

4. Home Improvement

5. Threes Company

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I missed out Two and a half Men for some reason, must of been basing it on recent seasons haha.

5. Everybody Loves Raymond

4. Seinfield

3. Two and a half Men

2. The Big Bang Theory

1. Friends