Leonard And Penny: Season 8 So Far

3ku11

As a L/P fan are you happy with them so far this season?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Lenny S8

• Yes they are solid, and are in a great place
    • Moderatley, a kiss or two, or even hug woulden't hurt
    • No they have been diminished completely. Need more A Plots

I won't go into how I think it's possible with Leonard's character, because it seems like people ONLY WANT TO assume the worst, when an idol on a specific persons pedestal betrays their own personal beliefs of who that person is for them.

I don't see how this tarnishes Leonard's character anymore than it does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTsphZJoIg. In some ways that kiss wasn't as allegedly terrible as Leonard's was with the girl (again we don't have a specific measure on the kiss on the boat); but in other ways this kiss allegedly WAS WORSE. Carla was not only A MARRIED WOMAN; but was also his BEST FRIENDS WIFE.

He was also drunk, and SHOULD'VE known better, but he kissed her back after she kissed first. But he also while in his drunken state, knew he screwed up there. But didn't want to tell his best friend Turk (Carla's husband) about what happened, though Carla did; when Turk said "we now have no secrets between us".

But despite all that fans of Scrubs were able to forgive J.D. & Carla for having a moment of weakness. So why EXACTLY am I supposed to believe Leonard will be tainted for the rest of the show for having a moment of weakness himself? Again I'm more mad that he didn't come clean earlier, but I'd be even MORE FURIOUS if he DIDN'T fess up when Penny brought up having no secrets or regrets.

It does depend on the relationship with the show. I liked Scrubs, but I was never infatuated with it, or stupidly sat on the edge of my seat for seven years each week for eight months. I didn't leave my family on New York to get back to Oz on their own, so I could go to LA to see the show because of Scrubs (dont worry, I had the leave, they didn't... but still). It's not an objective thing, and its not completely rational. There is a lot of myself as I'd like to have been in Leonard and he was meant to be better and had been, for all his faults. I joked before about Truth and Beauty, but Leonard stuck up for truth and defended beauty and was a pretty good exemplar - and he was pretty principled. He did no one harm, despite what the moralists think of him. I can build a scenario where he *almost* blamelessly commits this minor peccadillo, but it's an insult on top of injury, especially after he spent all season bring ignored by his lover and constrained by his nut job housemate, who btw are almost always now shown to be getting on better together than he and his fiancée. Stressors are cumulative and this has stressed people. To whining point. And he hurt Penny. What the...

He could be a pod person.

Lol.

All that said, I keep saying I hope for glorious redemption - but that's a pretty sucky cliffhanger resolution to wait for, and is unlikely to eventuate. This might blow over, but it hurt and will leave a scar. And the future looks like it might serve up just more Sheldon and Penny running away from their lovers (or loves) and being run away from. Where is the joy in that? More of a treadmill really. But you needn't worry about what other people are expressing. It's a forum. And people will say what they want and if they didn't care they wouldn't be here. :)

And onwards.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does depend on the relationship with the show. I liked Scrubs, but I was never infatuated with it 

Why does that matter?  The ultimate point was the fanbase was willing to get past that.  Why can't the fanbase of this show possibly do the same?

especially after he spent all season bring ignored by his lover

I don't remember him being ignored by Penny in the graduation transmission, or the clean room infiltration, or The Prom Equivalency, or The Maternal Combustion, or the Colonization Application, or The Septum Deviation, or the season opener, The First Pitch Insufficiency, or The Leftover Thermalization, or The Space Probe Disintigration, or The Anxiety Optimizaiton, or many more, but I made my point.  I think that point is just one of many where people are over dramatizing problems where some don't exist.

are almost always now shown to be getting on better together than he and his fiancée.

You mean like when Penny kicked Sheldon out of her apartment this season?  Something she didn't do to Leonard this season.

unlikely to eventuate.

Based on what?

And the future looks like it might serve up just more Sheldon and Penny running away from their lovers (or loves) and being run away from.

Penny only ran to Sheldon ONCE for advice this season.  That's hardly a pattern.

And people will say what they want and if they didn't care they wouldn't be here. 

:)

You mean like when you said you were going to leave the show this season, and yet you're still here? :p

Edited by meka3000

Why does that matter? The ultimate point was the fanbase was willing to get past that. Why can't the fanbase of this show possibly do the same?

I appreciate your acceptance of my omniscience. Of course, I know the answer, I'm just not telling you.

I don't remember him being ignored by Penny in the graduation transmission, or the clean room infiltration, or The Prom Equivalency, or The Maternal Combustion, or the Colonization Application, or The Septum Deviation, or the season opener, The First Pitch Insufficiency, or The Leftover Thermalization, or The Space Probe Disintigration, or The Anxiety Optimizaiton, or many more, but I made my point. I think that point is just one of many where people are over dramatizing problems where some don't exist.

You are inferring that your response is the correct response. Good on you, you are getting on board with the omniscience. Or it is hubris. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm not really good with the omniscience. Hmm.

You mean like when Penny kicked Sheldon out of Leonard's apartment this season? Something she didn't do to Leonard this season.

Based on what?

Again why is this supposed

Penny only ran to Sheldon ONCE for advice this season. That's hardly a pattern.

:)

One time too many this season. She has let this guy torment and override her lover many times. Go back to TABLE POLARISATION and ITCHY SWEATER for examples. Why doesn't she cleave to her love?

You mean like when you said you were going to leave the show this season, and yet you're still here? :p

Not sure if you mean to be rude or think you are bold and forthright. I give you the benefit of the doubt...

I'm not watching the show on loop like I used to and I am finding that, while I enjoy pontificating and reading the pontifications of others, there is less a thrill in that than there was. I'd say it will further pale over time. My engagement is tapering, I'd say. But I am habituated, to be honest. I do think they ran in circles in season 8 and I was disappointed. I will be interested in what happens in season 9 and probably am foolishly hoping for a rekindling of my fervour. But season 8 sucked for a long time, because they took the passion out of L/P, and that was what drew me in. I'm a romantic.

*sigh*

Enjoy your evening. I'm going out myself.

And go look up "stroppy".

Cheers

Nog

I had a nice dinner with my wife and a couple of beers. It was pleasant. This morning I thought I would come back and address your concerns.

To sum up, people have divergent opinions in their appreciation of the arts. There is no right way, just your own way. There might be consensus, but there is always another way of looking at things.

Ciao

Edited by Nogravitasatall

You know with the kind of treatment Lenny has been given this season by the writers, would it really surprise anyone if they came back married in episode 9.01? I like most Lenny fans want a Wedding like Penny said she wanted and dreamed, not too big and in a church, so I really doubt if the writers would really write something that nice now instead of going for the joke. They seem to be making Lenny into a more unlikely couple, afterall the gang thinks Penny has a better relationship with wine than Leonard, so a cheesy Las Vegas wedding seems to go more with how their relationship has been presented in season 8.

Edited by SRAM

For some reason I wouldn't be surprised. I'm thinking the writers may be setting them up to never get married

I don't understand why he would do that. It would cause fans to give up and stop watching and when they stop watching, they lose money. Why does he do things like that and then ends up having to fix his messes? I didn't understand why he ordered the Raj/Penny thing either.

They seem to be making Lenny into a more unlikely couple, afterall the gang thinks Penny has a better relationship with wine than Leonard.

Please tell me you honestly did not take Sheldon's hyperbolic statement as him speaking for the entire group?

Is that what some of us have come to? Grasping at straws, to make our arguments?

SRAM, you may have a point. Then Lorre could come in and order them to get divorced, in the 200th episode. Much like he ordered the break up back in season three.

Now why would he do something that silly after 3 seasons of buildup? The breakup back then was at least a natural extension of their characters. Marrying then divorcing would after all that time would be ridiculous.

Edited by meka3000

Y'see, I don't believe it's mere coincidence that most Lennys are male and most Shamys are female (I said 'most' not 'all' and, yes, I fit this categorisation).

There's varying degrees of vacarious living of course, after all, we are all unique individuals (just like everyone else ;) ), but I have read many posts expressing disappointment that Penny is not more excited to be marrying Leonard. She doesn't act like a girl engaged to the love of her life I hear time and again. Well, thing is, Leonard is sweet and dependable, and not very exciting; and I think that there's the problem.

Everyone I speak to about the show mentions Sheldon, almost like word association. Q. The Big Bang Theory? A. Sheldon!

Penny and Leonard are "boring", "meh" is the feedback I'm picking up from casual viewers, and I wonder if this opinion dominates when tptb undertake viewer research? It would certainly answer why Leonard has suddenly been given this edge now. Hello, he's not quite so boring huh?

Mind you, returning to my first point, this seems to be the prevalent opinion of my mainly female friends and colleagues, there's only a couple of men dotted in there that I talk TV with. I suppose it depends on who you ask really, YMMV ;). However, it's incredibly difficult to keep a sitcom romance fresh and engaging year after year and I don't believe we're anywhere near done with the will they / won't they?

Y'see, I don't believe it's mere coincidence that most Lennys are male and most Shamys are female (I said 'most' not 'all' and, yes, I fit this categorisation).

There's varying degrees of vacarious living of course, after all, we are all unique individuals (just like everyone else ;) ), but I have read many posts expressing disappointment that Penny is not more excited to be marrying Leonard. She doesn't act like a girl engaged to the love of her life I hear time and again. Well, thing is, Leonard is sweet and dependable, and not very exciting; and I think that there's the problem.

Everyone I speak to about the show mentions Sheldon, almost like word association. Q. The Big Bang Theory? A. Sheldon!

Penny and Leonard are "boring", "meh" is the feedback I'm picking up from casual viewers, and I wonder if this opinion dominates when tptb undertake viewer research? It would certainly answer why Leonard has suddenly been given this edge now. Hello, he's not quite so boring huh?

Mind you, returning to my first point, this seems to be the prevalent opinion of my mainly female friends and colleagues, there's only a couple of men dotted in there that I talk TV with. I suppose it depends on who you ask really, YMMV ;). However, it's incredibly difficult to keep a sitcom romance fresh and engaging year after year and I don't believe we're anywhere near done with the will they / won't they?

I agree with this post so much!  I am female, and tend to be Shamy focused.  I do like Lenny as a couple though also, but you are right, they are just not quite as exciting (to me).  I think that Penny is on the show as a mirror to show the characters what they look like to the rest of the world.  Leonard is also the most "normal" of the group of geeky guys and plays the straight man.  So they are the most "normal" couple.  I like the couple, but people are always more drawn into the quirky characters.  Sheldon is full of quirks and oddities.  So is Amy.   I think that's why a lot of people are drawn to them, cause its fascinating to watch two oddballs falling in love.  Also the fact that they are both virgin's in their 30's is something quite unique to see.

I do think there is a lot they can do to "freshen" up Lenny's relationship.  Perhaps they need to show that magic between them a little more these days.  The magic that we saw between them in the earlier seasons.  I really think they should have explored Penny's acting career (a la Joey as Dr. Drake on Days of our Lives on Friends).  I think that could have provided countless storylines for Lenny.  Excitement - Penny is a SciFi show.  Jealousy - Penny working with hot actors.  They could also explore his connection with Alex a little more...

Really lenny boring and not exciting. Have any of you thought of the reason behind your comments. The writers give the best lines to sheldon while all the other characters work with the shit materials they are given & do their best. No wonder people think they are boring. If Sheldon or shamy was treated that way I'm sure ppls will be saying the same thing about them. Lenny are not boring and can be exciting it been shown many times in earlier seasons the writers choose to be lazy because it's a one man show now.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I agree with this post so much! I am female, and tend to be Shamy focused. I do like Lenny as a couple though also, but you are right, they are just not quite as exciting (to me). I think that Penny is on the show as a mirror to show the characters what they look like to the rest of the world. Leonard is also the most "normal" of the group of geeky guys and plays the straight man. So they are the most "normal" couple. I like the couple, but people are always more drawn into the quirky characters. Sheldon is full of quirks and oddities. So is Amy. I think that's why a lot of people are drawn to them, cause its fascinating to watch two oddballs falling in love. Also the fact that they are both virgin's in their 30's is something quite unique to see.

I do think there is a lot they can do to "freshen" up Lenny's relationship. Perhaps they need to show that magic between them a little more these days. The magic that we saw between them in the earlier seasons. I really think they should have explored Penny's acting career (a la Joey as Dr. Drake on Days of our Lives on Friends). I think that could have provided countless storylines for Lenny. Excitement - Penny is a SciFi show. Jealousy - Penny working with hot actors. They could also explore his connection with Alex a little more...

It's all about the writing. The creatives are choosing to run off with Sheldon and that is at the expense of Leonard. They have a formula now and it's unlikely they will mess with it. Unless they feel bold. But considering the context I'd guess having people in their 30s behave like 15 year olds is as boldly as they will go.

If they want to write more for L/P they can. It's just a matter of will.

It's all about the writing. The creatives are choosing to run off with Sheldon and that is at the expense of Leonard. They have a formula now and it's unlikely they will mess with it. Unless they feel bold. But considering the context I'd guess having people in their 30s behave like 15 year olds is as boldly as they will go.

If they want to write more for L/P they can. It's just a matter of will.

But that's my exact point. They have messed with it. Dependable, dull ol' Leonard is now a cheater and Penny will have to revalue her whole relationship with him. No more complacency or taking him for granted. A whole new paradigm awaits Lenny in Season 9.

I suspect the 'spark' that got you 'guys' (term used loosely) hooked in the early seasons is about to detonate.....aptly named 'big bang' coming I reckon.

I don't agree with some of this:

Well that depends on how you came to that conclusion.  I could come to the conclusion that most Lenny's are female based on the twitter responses in this article, but I don't think that would be an accurate way to measure how many of either gender likes a fictional relationship.

There's varying degrees of vacarious living of course, after all, we are all unique individuals (just like everyone else  ;) ), but I have read many posts expressing disappointment that Penny is not more excited to be marrying Leonard. She doesn't act like a girl engaged to the love of her life I hear time and again. Well, thing is, Leonard is sweet and dependable, and not very exciting; and I think that there's the problem.

Or maybe people making these accusations that Penny is not excited, are boiling this down to the either-or fallacy (something I've seen ALOT of users on here succumb to lately).  If Penny's not showing excitement about being engaged to Leonard, it can ONLY mean she's not excited.  :icon_rolleyes: 

Or maybe she like Leonard is nervous and is getting cold feet about wedding planning.  Something Word of God has confirmed, and if you look back at the season, there's enough subtext in episodes like The First Pitch Insufficiency & The Expedition Approximation, where we see both of them not liking the feeling of doubt that planning for the future brought them, so it's easy to see why they've been putting things off.

Also they've shown that Penny is passionate about the people in her life, (mostly but not limited to Leonard Hofstadter) in The Closure Alternative.  They've also show that Penny sometimes takes things and people in her life for granted.  But they also have shown us that when she stops and thinks clearly, Leonard is VERY MUCH the most important person in her life.  Like in the prom episode, she was indifferent to the whole thing to start.  But once she saw the decorations with Leonard.  She wanted to share that night with Leonard so much that she was willing to dance with him with no music playing.

Of course he is, he's the most "in your face" character on the show.  Not noticing Sheldon in association with Big Bang Theory would be like not noticing the freezing temperatures while standing outside in Antarctica.

Penny and Leonard are "boring", "meh" is the feedback I'm picking up from casual viewers,

Sure, if those "casual viewers" like to generalize characters, instead of scratching the surface.

and I wonder if this opinion dominates when tptb undertake viewer research?

This would assume the tptb care about viewer research to the extent that they would let it drive the show.  There's always been a small minority on the internet that has accused the Lenny relationship as boring.  If tptb were REALLY WORRIED about what people thought to this extent, don't you think they would've ditched Lenny after they broke up the first time, instead of getting back together.

The truth is viewers/fans can be too fickle for their own good sometimes.  They might hate something one day, then like it another.  Again, There's a quote from Bruce Timm (producer of Justice League Unlimited) at toonzone.net that sums up why most producers of tv shows aren't going to take everything to heart in regards to what people on the internet say:

it's always fascinatinating to hear what you all are saying about the show.....BUT...if we tried to follow fan opinion when we plot out the stories, if we tried to fashion the show along the lines of what we think the fans might want, we'd drive ourselves nuts in no time, and almost assuredly end up with a product that pleased NO ONE.... 

small example: when "hunter's moon" first aired up north a few weeks ago, there were quite a few posts saying, "i'm tired of the gl/hg ship, time to move on"...but after this weekend's u.s. airing, not a peep along those lines...you see the problem? if we used fan reaction to gauge how far to continue that particular storyline, we'd be floundering....also, a lot of people want john and shay to get back together, a lot of people now seem to be backing the mari/john ship (and a lot of people just want the whole ship thing to go away)...egad, what's a creator to do?

the only thing we can be sure of when it comes to fan opinion, they all want JLU to be a show worth tuning in for week after week.....but to achieve that, we have to follow our own instincts, and not be overly influenced by what we read on the internet....that's all...."

At some point the tptb have to follow their own instincts and have confidence in their decision making, instead of changing their stories just to appease people who aren't happy about something at this certain point in time, in the blind hope that changing it to fit their desires is a guarantee that they'll still be happy afterwards.

It would certainly answer why Leonard has suddenly been given this edge now. Hello, he's not quite so boring huh?

That's assuming he ever was which I don't believe that.  I also don't see tptb giving Leonard-Penny this problem as a response to giving Leonard an "edge" so much as them giving Lenny a problem in their relationship that IS BASED on character history.

Edited by meka3000

It's funny how people think. They look at statistics but don't realise how misplaced they can be. I watched my football team (soccer) run riot again a lower league team and if you looked at the stats without the score sheet you would think we alienated them but even though we had almost 70% possession and 21 shots on target compare to their 2. We lost 1.0 My point is ATOB is right that a lot of Lenny fans are male and would not post their thoughts. (I know it took me a while to start posting) and most would rather be on a tech, car, sports forum discussing man stuff than be on a sitcom forum. Shamy are mostly woman so it make sense that most of the people who post on here or on the Internet will be women so that makes lenny fans the minority but still a force in the background just like lenny this season.

Edited by Tonstar17

I don't agree with some of this:

Well that depends on how you came to that conclusion.  I could come to the conclusion that most Lenny's are female based on the twitter responses in this article, but I don't think that would be an accurate way to measure how many of either gender likes a fictional relationship.

Or maybe people making these accusations that Penny is not excited, are boiling this down to the either-or fallacy (something I've seen ALOT of users on here succumb to lately).  If Penny's not showing excitement about being engaged to Leonard, it can ONLY mean she's not excited.  :icon_rolleyes: 

Or maybe she like Leonard is nervous and is getting cold feet about wedding planning.  Something Word of God has confirmed, and if you look back at the season, there's enough subtext in episodes like The First Pitch Insufficiency & The Expedition Approximation, where we see both of them not liking the feeling of doubt that planning for the future brought them, so it's easy to see why they've been putting things off.

Also they've shown that Penny is passionate about the people in her life, (mostly but not limited to Leonard Hofstadter) in The Closure Alternative.  They've also show that Penny sometimes takes things and people in her life for granted.  But they also have shown us that when she stops and thinks clearly, Leonard is VERY MUCH the most important person in her life.  Like in the prom episode, she was indifferent to the whole thing to start.  But once she saw the decorations with Leonard.  She wanted to share that night with Leonard so much that she was willing to dance with him with no music playing.

Of course he is, he's the most "in your face" character on the show.  Not noticing Sheldon in association with Big Bang Theory would be like not noticing the freezing temperatures while standing outside in Antarctica.

Sure, if those "casual viewers" like to generalize characters, instead of scratching the surface.

This would assume the tptb care about viewer research to the extent that they would let it drive the show.  There's always been a small minority on the internet that has accused the Lenny relationship as boring.  If tptb were REALLY WORRIED about what people thought to this extent, don't you think they would've ditched Lenny after they broke up the first time, instead of getting back together.

The truth is viewers/fans can be too fickle for their own good sometimes.  They might hate something one day, then like it another.  Again, There's a quote from Bruce Timm (producer of Justice League Unlimited) at toonzone.net that sums up why most producers of tv shows aren't going to take everything to heart in regards to what people on the internet say:

At some point the tptb have to follow their own instincts and have confidence in their decision making, instead of changing their stories just to appease people who aren't happy about something at this certain point in time, in the blind hope that changing it to fit their desires is a guarantee that they'll still be happy afterwards.

That's assuming he ever was which I don't believe that.  I also don't see tptb giving Leonard-Penny this problem as a response to giving Leonard an "edge" so much as them giving Lenny a problem in their relationship that IS BASED on character history.

Pure conjecture on my part, nothing else, based solely on this site alone (who knows if it's representative to the viewing public or the fan base in general or not). I don't do other sites, except Mumsnet, Vagenda and Daily Mash. Do feel free to do the leg-work though. :)

Casual viewers are just that, there's a clue in the name after all. They take what they see at face value, do not over evaluate, nor watch episodes repeatedly....or write fan fiction.

I was referring to market research, not what's posted online by fans. As above, those who post online are a tiny percentage of the viewers and possess a strong enough opinion to do so and are not of interest to researchers, they are after the mode opinion of the majority. (Interesting factoid: the word 'fan' is an abbreviation of 'fanatic'.)

PS. Personally, I've never said Penny treats Leonard badly or vice-versa, I've always found them to be quite believable and relatable myself.

I agree with what all of you except Mecca say. This is, of course no attack on Mecca, it is just that his opinions and mine generally differ. I believe that both Leonard and Penny have been written OOC, and that, at best the writers have been indifferent to Lenny. While it might be understandable that they wanted to concentrate on Shamy there was no need for what they did to Lenny. They could have given us the "real" Lenny, even if time constraints dictated that it had to be in small doses. The only episode that reminded me of what Lenny is to me was "The Graduation Transmission". The podcast with Wil Wheaton was (to me) simply pathetic. While the graduation episode was good all around (except for Howard and Stuart I guess), but the lack of a Lenny kiss made it awkward.

I also cannot stand the apologists that say everything in TBBT land is fine , and that we have to accept what the writers give us. Heck no! I might not be able to write characters for a TV show, but I know a well written character when I see one, and I'm also perfectly capable of noticing when the quality of the writing decreases as well.

100% agree with you. Did you also notice a few times they showed lenny coming back from an outing in couple of episodes and penny didn't even have a bag or purse with her. I though Leonard was broke and Penny was earning the $s. I guess she still makes broke Leonard pay for everything. Make sense why he has no money. Lazy writing me think.

Yes, Tonstar you said it. Lazy writing indeed. And the sad thing is we KNOW the writers are better than this. They've shown us in the past!

Edited by Carlos

It could be lazy or it could be a priority change, Sheldon could be given the highest priority at the expense of every other character, even Lenny, the other two of the top three. I really think that is what is happening and I offer as support the increase of Shenny and Shelnard scenes that we are seeing and the decrease of pure Lenny, that don't include Sheldon, while Shamy (which includes Sheldon) has not decreased. It could be that we won't get much Lenny unless they are with Sheldon or the source of a good joke or conflict, like we got in the season finale.

I think your right SRAM. I don't see many happy espisodes for the Lenny next season.

The thing though is that Sheldon is so painfully unnecessary when Lenny are together. I don't need Mr. Third Wheel to make the scene work. Actually his presence usually does the opposite for me: it destroys it.

I'm really upset that it had to be SHELDON to push Lenny to make a wedding date.

He didn't push them to do it so much as bring that up IN DEFENSIVENESS of Lenny bringing up insecurities in his relationship.

I'm upset that Sheldon had to compare their relationships.

And Sheldon got his karma where its now obvious that an 8.2 on ONE RELATIONSHIP TEST isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm upset that Lenny didn't get any big developments in Prom.

Why did they need any big developments in that episode?

I want Season 9 now. I want a wedding. I want more talking. I want ROMANCE!

"John Munch: Yeah, and I want the troops home, the Kyoto Protocol signed, and a Tijuana oil job from Miss February."

Sheldon could be given the highest priority at the expense of every other character, even Lenny, the other two of the top three. I really think that is what is happening and I offer as support the increase of Shenny and Shelnard scenes that we are seeing and the decrease of pure Lenny, that don't include Sheldon, while Shamy (which includes Sheldon) has not decreased. It could be that we won't get much Lenny unless they are with Sheldon or the source of a good joke or conflict, like we got in the season finale.

Can you actually prove your hypothesis is nothing more than pure coincidence?

Yeah, you know what? I kinda binge - watched most of Season 8 today and I'm so pissed off I need to come dump it here.

Welcome. Of course others will tell you that you are wrong to feel that way.

I'm really upset that it had to be SHELDON to push Lenny to make a wedding date.

He could have just shut the hell up, but he did push them.

I'm upset that Sheldon had to compare their relationships.

Yeah, he was an asshole for that.

I'm upset that Lenny didn't get any big developments in Prom.

Not only prom, but pretty much the whole year.

I want Season 9 now. I want a wedding. I want more talking. I want ROMANCE!

As do I and quite a few others.

Woh, woh. I was just making a statement! Let's not fight. 

You want to make a statement but you don't want to defend your own viewpoint?  Why do that on a forum?  You can do that on a blog where you don't want anyone to comment on it.

Welcome. Of course others will tell you that you are wrong to feel that way.

Challenging and/or disagreeing with a persons viewpoint does NOT necessarily mean that.

Edited by meka3000