The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shamour

Hi From Bespectacled Physicist Seeking Inspiration For Shamy Fanfics

Hi, I'm a big fan of big bang theory for some years now, and I like the show even more now since the Shamy started:-) I'm from Germany, so according to Sheldon in ep. 7x12 I'm one of the tough crowd:-) I'm also a physicist (one of the few females), therefore a bit nerdy (only a bit I hope), but no genius (that's for sure I'm afraid), and I believe I have some similarities with Amy. I like it that they really make efforts to get the physics right in the show and of course how they make these geeks just so adorable, and I know a lot of people in real life with similar quirks and all... Some years ago I was a huge fan of the x files and Mulder/Scully fanfic, but I've never done something of my own. I've been reading Shamy fanfiction for a while now (abandoning my family and staying up late at night;-)) and I hope I will be able some day to write a story of my own. Up to now I only have vague ideas that only sound good in my head, and english isn't my mother tongue... I would be very happy to get some inspiration from you guys here.

I don't like alternate realities in storys - only exception is Shamy doing the whopee (which just has to come up in the show sooner or later, pleeeaaase), but keeping them as much in character as possible:-) Sheldon is obviously very passionate about science, and I would so love to have this passion directed to Amy some day. But I know he always needs to take tiny steps to try to preserve homeostasis, so as Raj told Amy, we just have to be patient... I really loved his first self-initiated kiss in the show, starting out of anger and then realising he liked it (it made it to his top 3 list of wonderful things that happened that day!), it was just perfect! Perhaps more intimate things could also be initiated in such a way, he just seems to need a small push in the right direction? I just would not like it to happen because he was drunk or drugged, that would be too simple, it must really come from himself.

I haven't really checked if there is already a topic about this, but it just recently came to my mind that Sheldon actually uses the word "sex" and not only the more clinical term "coitus", I really was shocked that he used this word when he told Amy in ep. 7x22, "If we were in a physical relationship, you just lost sex tonight." Then I remembered he used it before in ep. 7x10 when Amy proposed to take a walk: "Everything is just sex with you, isn’t it?", and then in ep. 8x05 when she just wrote him a nice hello text message: "Who has time for this constant sexting?" These are all instances I remembered, or are there more occasions? Has it occured to you too, that It might indicate that he thinks quite a lot about it, even more so when it's not appropriate at all, as this surely wasn't Amy's intention with just a walk or just a nice text message? Just hearing him say the word I found really intimate, it might mean that (although he feels pressured a lot) he is perhaps feeling less detached from the whole concept - I hope so:-)

Sorry I'm afraid that was quite long now as an introduction, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to discussions with you!:-)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums shammer, I hope you enjoy your time here.  Don't forget to look at the main site.  Also, we do have a forum for fan fiction.  There are links to stories, questions on how to write, some suggestions on what others could write, favorite story lists, etc.   Those can be found here

Hi, I'm a big fan of big bang theory for some years now, and I like the show even more now since the Shamy started:-) I'm from Germany, so according to Sheldon in ep. 7x12 I'm one of the tough crowd:-) I'm also a physicist (one of the few females), therefore a bit nerdy (only a bit I hope), but no genius (that's for sure I'm afraid), and I believe I have some similarities with Amy. I like it that they really make efforts to get the physics right in the show and of course how they make these geeks just so adorable, and I know a lot of people in real life with similar quirks and all... Some years ago I was a huge fan of the x files and Mulder/Scully fanfic, but I've never done something of my own. I've been reading Shamy fanfiction for a while now (abandoning my family and staying up late at night;-)) and I hope I will be able some day to write a story of my own. Up to now I only have vague ideas that only sound good in my head, and english isn't my mother tongue... I would be very happy to get some inspiration from you guys here.

I don't like alternate realities in storys - only exception is Shamy doing the whopee (which just has to come up in the show sooner or later, pleeeaaase), but keeping them as much in character as possible:-) Sheldon is obviously very passionate about science, and I would so love to have this passion directed to Amy some day. But I know he always needs to take tiny steps to try to preserve homeostasis, so as Raj told Amy, we just have to be patient... I really loved his first self-initiated kiss in the show, starting out of anger and then realising he liked it (it made it to his top 3 list of wonderful things that happened that day!), it was just perfect! Perhaps more intimate things could also be initiated in such a way, he just seems to need a small push in the right direction? I just would not like it to happen because he was drunk or drugged, that would be too simple, it must really come from himself.

I haven't really checked if there is already a topic about this, but it just recently came to my mind that Sheldon actually uses the word "sex" and not only the more clinical term "coitus", I really was shocked that he used this word when he told Amy in ep. 7x22, "If we were in a physical relationship, you just lost sex tonight." Then I remembered he used it before in ep. 7x10 when Amy proposed to take a walk: "Everything is just sex with you, isn’t it?", and then in ep. 8x05 when she just wrote him a nice hello text message: "Who has time for this constant sexting?" These are all instances I remembered, or are there more occasions? Has it occured to you too, that It might indicate that he thinks quite a lot about it, even more so when it's not appropriate at all, as this surely wasn't Amy's intention with just a walk or just a nice text message? Just hearing him say the word I found really intimate, it might mean that (although he feels pressured a lot) he is perhaps feeling less detached from the whole concept - I hope so:-)

Sorry I'm afraid that was quite long now as an introduction, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to discussions with you!:-)

I'm so glad you found the forum!   If you like spoilers, there is a taping thread to read the up coming episode.  Also, if you like to discuss the characters, there are pages for them as well. I tend to stay in the Fan Fictions site.  There is a whole section just for Shamy under season 8.  

Glad to see you here.  Hope to hear lots from you!!

Welcome I am new as well and a major fan! As I was reading your post I couldn't help but think of the episode where Amy talks about Sheldon's obsession with repetition and she hopes to put it to good use some day. I still crack up with I think about it. I look forward to chatting with you and everyone else as well.