Comment if you DISAGREE with the whole Shenny idea!

Please! I hope I am not the only one out there that doesn't want this. I know it will never happen, but I hate all the ideas out there. I sometimes try to find FanFictions about Sheldon with a girl, but all I find is Shenny Shenny Shenny! They do not belong together! It Leonard and Penny, NOT Sheldon and Penny!

Don't get me wrong, I totally want Sheldon to have a girlfriend, but Penny? No way!

Please! I hope I am not the only one out there that doesn't want this. I know it will never happen, but I hate all the ideas out there. I sometimes try to find FanFictions about Sheldon with a girl, but all I find is Shenny Shenny Shenny! They do not belong together! It Leonard and Penny, NOT Sheldon and Penny!

Don't get me wrong, I totally want Sheldon to have a girlfriend, but Penny? No way!

Sheldon is so totally gay anyway so he won't end up with penny lol :p Leonard is supposed to be with Penny. Nah it's just my opinion that sheldon is gay but if not he does deserve a girlfriend i think, it would be really funny :p

I agree with you.. I try to understand why those people want that Sheldon and Penny must be together, IMO they are good together but fighting,or just being good friends, I think the idea of the show was that Leonard and Penny belong together, if we see the pilot again is so clear watch that Penny brings a new World for Leonard, I mean is true that she broke the "Sheldon's Tyrany" in the gang, but this is just beacuse she gave a new interesting for Leonard: Love.

I have to admit, that I don´t like the idea of Sheldon and Penny being in a relationship either. And I can´t see it ever happening, he would drive her even more crazy than he does already!

In one way it´d be nice to see him in a relationship with a girl, because it´d be so awkward how he´d be acting and that would make it really funny for sure.

I have to admit, that I don´t like the idea of Sheldon and Penny being in a relationship either. And I can´t see it ever happening, he would drive her even more crazy than he does already!

In one way it´d be nice to see him in a relationship with a girl, because it´d be so awkward how he´d be acting and that would make it really funny for sure.

that's exactly my opinion. yay.

I find it kind of odd that I sort of started out as a Sheldon & Penny fan, but the more I thought about it (mainly Sheldon himself) I realized that them ending up together is highly unlikely. I'm not against it completely but I see no plausible way of making it work out. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheldon with a girl in later seasons, I just prefer it not be Penny. (Though I see that as highly unlikely as well.)

Just because a guy is gay, it doesn't mean that he won't notice attractive women. they are not blind. I'm a girl, I like guys, but I still notice attractive girls, but it doesn't mean I'm a lesbian:)

everyone keeps forgetting something really important: it's one thing that this Shenny thing is a bad idea, but even if they were to hit it off, she would be Leonard's ex! what kind of a friend would date a friend's ex? and it's not just a hook-up, they're in love. so Shenny is out of the question for many reasons.

That being said, I still love their scenes together, and it's ever more hilarious when there's a funny controversial thing going on, but that's all. Sheldon should have a totally nerdy GF who understands him, like Leonard's mom :))

I think Penny is perfect with Leonard. It never crossed my mind ever that Penny might end up with Sheldon. They are just not coupley at all....good friends. Funny and odd friends. But definately not a couple. They are like Oscar and Felix in the Odd Couple: opposites that push each others' buttons. Hilarious at times and aggravating at others. But not meant to be lovers or even date.

I like sheldon being single. Why the fuck does someone need to be in a relationship? What is wrong with being single?

oh I just wanted to add... the smarter people in life are single and stay single.

What I don't understand is WHY you people are so threatened with the fact that most of the shipppers are Sheldon/Penny. Should that influence what your personal preferences are? It comes across like an insecurity about the fact that the SP shippers make so much noise so you open up threads to talk about them. Why can't you talk about what you love rather than this? It just seems silly to knock down what never even happened and probably never will.

I am anti-LP for example, and I can come up with thousands of reasons why I dislike the pairing, because it already happened so my points are valid.

I wholeheartedly agree -- Sheldon and Penny should never get involved romantically. I love their scenes together, and I think they have great chemistry -- but not in that way.

I really don't think (knock on wood) the writers would put the two together, unless they had 'jumped the shark' already and were just desperate to shake things up.

What I don't understand is WHY you people are so threatened with the fact that most of the shipppers are Sheldon/Penny. Should that influence what your personal preferences are? It comes across like an insecurity about the fact that the SP shippers make so much noise so you open up threads to talk about them. Why can't you talk about what you love rather than this? It just seems silly to knock down what never even happened and probably never will.

I am anti-LP for example, and I can come up with thousands of reasons why I dislike the pairing, because it already happened so my points are valid.

I'm very sorry if you were offended, I just wanted to see if I wasn't alone on this. I mean, I'm really sick of all the parodoxes out there, and I acually can't avoid them. So, I'm sorry, but you really didn't have to say anything, unless you disagree.

The only type of woman I could see Sheldon having a relationship with would be a maternal figure. He is happy to be mothered when he let his inner child take over, and the onle female I remember him expressing love for was his grandmother. He doesnt do romance. By the way, the whole Penny/Sheldon idea appeals to those who are looking for relationships or romance in the show. Not me. I don't like romcoms and dont like episodes which focus too much relationship sstuff. That especially applies to Raj and Howard, like in the kite fighting episode which I didnt find funny at all.

• 4 months later...

I don't think the shenny thing makes sense. Even Kaley Cuoco stated that she could only see it happening in a nightmare sequence. as the show has progressed, Penny acts more like a mother figure to him. In the last episode she told him to "play nice". I don't think sheldon can see beyond the idea of a simple friendship.

Hi I seem to be a little late to this tread and most of what I think has been said

but just two point's if I may Sheldon is not gay it's not allowed in East Texas

point two is anyone who think's that Penny and Sheldon will ever be more then friend's is "BAT CRAP CRAZY"

Hi! I am back after a really long radio silence (I moved and didn't have any internet connection - it's a miracle that I survived!).

While I find some of the Penny / Sheldon interaction cute, I don't really like the idea of Sheldon and Penny together, even though I must say I actually don't like the idea of Sheldon having a relationship at all.

As a Leslie/Sheldon shipper, I don't like the idea of Sheldon/Penny, but also I don't mind if there is going to be any Sheldon/Penny episodes or scenes later in the show. It would be fun to watch since they make an odd couple and if the writers have any repect toward their show, they will eventually end up the show with Penny/Leonerd together. I just don't understand why people get so sensitive about this topic.

Sheldon in a relationship is a bad idea in general...

Finding another member of his species would be nice, and therefore I'm eager for the 4th season to start (because such a thing is implied in the season 3 finalle)...