The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

813 The Anxiety Optimization (January 29)

Your Episode Rating  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Darn it!! I thought I pressed record on my dvr, but when I got home looking for the new episode nothing appeared. Ugh, I guess I will have to wait to see it tomorrow on demand. Glad so many people liked it, I cannot wait to see it.

Johnny seemed to be really enjoying taping this episode...his smile seemed really genuine, affectionate....

Maybe he was thinking of the flash mob.  :)

An A- from the AV Club:  http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/big-bang-theory-anxiety-optimization-214562

There’s an ease with which the show continues to find comedy in its ensemble, which is apparent in tonight’s episode, “The Anxiety Optimization,” which might be the funniest episode of the season.

There’s not a lot of the emotional storylines that have defined some of the best episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Sure, Sheldon is dealing with potential failure in terms of his research into dark matter, but that’s mostly a footnote, an excuse to bring these characters together and have them let loose. This is the most purely comedic episode of the show that I’ve seen in some time; the jokes feel earned and fresh, most of them rooted in how familiar we are with these characters. They’re not just easy punchlines, but rather jokes informed by a shared history and an engagement with the show’s past.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 5

i'd rather have you sing it thsn Lenny. the babysitting service is getting old.

i voted okay. I didn't vote very bad.

Really? The post below doesn't sound like someone who thought the episode was merely 'okay'.

The saving grace of the show was Emily or Cinnamon. Sheldon having career issues. boring and overdone. Lenny taking care of Sheldon at the end. Overdone. Lenny singing Soft Kitty. Just creepy. There was a few funny moments but not enough to make up for a tired topic. And people complain about Shenny moments. LOL

Technically I don't hate "Shenny moments", I just don't see where people see them having romantic chemistry. Or the idea that THAT ship is ever going to amount to anything.

The episode was decent, but it hasn't done much to change the problems that season 8 seems to be having.

I was quite happy to see a new episode.

I'm more looking forward to upcoming episodes.

I was amused and uncomfortable with the Emily or Cinnamon game.

I thought Sheldon's story was clever.

Johnny and Kaley looked good.

Nice to see Emily.

Overall I gave it an good (I think better episodes are on the horizon).

Edited by djsurrey

Why do the writers like putting Amy to so such hardship?

Really hate this episode!

Voted very bad.

Funny episode, loved Emily vs Cinnamon game and the questions Sheldon posed to the ladies during tonight's episode.  I like to know what the fans think?

1. Who has the best cervix  Amy, Bernadette or Penny? 

2. What Sanitary Napkin is all the rage right now?  (Defend)

3.  Can Werewolves swim, Yes or No? 

• Like 2

I find this episode okay, but maybe because I'm tired, and I must watch it again with the subtitles this time.

I like the Emily or Cinnamon game ! The story of Sheldon's experiment a little less. But I like the interaction with Amy in her lab, and the soft kitty in the end.

Ppppp, ppppp. First time I've heard that for *dog* hair. I laughed all through. All good... bad luck about Hawaii, but hey Penny certainly is making an effort to be bikini ready regardless. Maybe they'll get away sometime. And the pillow talk... woo.

A good one.

• Like 2

Emily vs. Cinnamon was inspired.  Hilarious.

I loved the circularity of wanting to have anxiety, which made the presence of anxiety a good thing, which lowered anxiety.

• Like 3

This was a bit of a "meh" episode for me and I've loved just about every episode this season. Didn't really laugh out loud at much other than the Emily or Cinammon bits. Shamy scenes for me were too serious, Sheldon himself was annoying more than funny ( and that is not a view I usually hold of my friend Dr Cooper often, unlike some here) and the Lenny jokes behind the deafened Sheldon were a bit try hard. I was looking forward to this episode but it felt a bit flat to me. Soft Kitty was cute and I don't get the fuss about Penny's responses about Leonard and the Hawaii trip. She never said she wouldn't take Leonard. She just made a sarcastic comment about his metal detector in response to Amy's " romantic " comment. Yeah she could have agreed but where's the comedy in her saying " yes it is romantic? And she didn't seriously ask Bernie to go with her. It was a smart arse reaction to Amy's boring musings. It won't come up in future episodes but of course if she won she'd take Leonard.

Anyway, it was an entertaining enough 20 minute diversion with some cute moments but just didn't get a lot of laughs out of it personally. Was late when I watched it and I was a little distracted so maybe I wasn't in the right mood. Will watch it again on Sunday when my daughter comes back from leadership camp. On second viewing and with more energy from her, I might get a better reaction but yeah, "meh!"

Johnny seemed to be really enjoying taping this episode...his smile seemed really genuine, affectionate....

His smile is gorgeous!

• Like 3

Emily or cinnamon is the best game ever! The friendship in the show is very similar to what my close friends and I have. So I can totally see we invent some game like that for one of us.

I liked this one. I liked the Emily or Cinnamon game and nearly died laughing during most of Sheldon's scenes! Although I did want to see Amy reach over and pull the cap off of him at the table. 

"What are you going to do about it?" could have ended in "I am going to do THIS......"

• Like 2

I loved the episode!

There really wasn't a "poor Amy" aspect that was anything really bad. All the girls have endured the different obsessions of their SOs and it wasn't as if he was saying he hated her or anything. He was just so far down the rabbit hole that he lost perspective.

And I loved Leonard and Penny putting Sheldon to bed--it's not as if the undressed him or tucked him in or anything. They didn't even take his jacket off.

And I think this was a new twist on Soft Kitty that we haven't heard before. And of course the snappiness was taken out by Leonard's smothering joke.

And Emily/Cinnamon was perfect. And I loved that Emily defended him, but ended up with dog hair in her mouth...

Overall, a funny, easygoing episode. Fun stuff!

Loved Emily or Cinnamon and Amy standing up for herself at the dinner table and tossing out annoying hyper Sheldon. Really disliked most everything else with singing parental Lenny at the top of the heap.

I thought the episode was very good.
I laughed through the whole thing. I don't think there was anything wrong with what Amy had to go through after all she is the one who told him when his anxiety levels went up. So she kind of started his obsession. I thought it was funny though that she didn't put up with him not listening and kicked him out. He deserved that.

Emily vs. Cinnamon was my favorite part.

Soft kitty didn't freak me out at all. I actually found it funny because I didn't think they were taking care of him as much as trying to get him to be less of a pain. He was fighting them like most kids do sure but he was so tired that the song just was the icing on the cake.

• Like 1