The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Cbs Announces They Will Have Thrsday Night Football In 2015

Watching the pre-game (for the American football playoffs) and it was announced that CBS will again broadcast the First eight games of Thursday Night Football. This means no TBBT on Thursdays until late October, if at all. We'll have to see if they do the Monday to Thursday thing again, or just keep it on Monday.

• Like 1

I hope they stay on Thursdays.  I don't want them affecting my Castle on Mondays.  

Edited by notchinc

I hope they stay on Thursdays.  I don't want them effecting my Castle on Mondays.

BBT and Castle? You must be my new favorite person haha

• Like 1

I was afraid of this, because if CBS got another year of Thursday Night Football, it will mean doing more harm than good to CBS's comedy division. If CBS had gotten the full package (meaning the network would televise all TNF games), then it would mean CBS's other comedies (like 2 Broke Girls and Mom) may not get full-season orders of 20+ episodes. It is said that the agreement is for one season, with an option for another year at the NFL option. I have a feeling that TBBT already got its momentum damaged, and eventually will get killed by TNF. :(

The Big Bang Theory aired the first six episodes of its current season on Mondays before returning to Thursdays. The demo rating started out at a 5.4, but slipped upon its return to Thursdays. At one point, an episode aired in December got a 3.9 rating, but the following episode got a 4.6 demo rating.

There were even some suggestions that The Big Bang Theory move back to Mondays full-time because of Thursday Night Football, but that'll pose a problem within my household: I like to watch live and/or DVR-record WWE Raw on Mondays, and if TBBT is just kept on Mondays the entirety of next season, then I don't think I'll adjust to this move very well. Because of my commitment to TBBT, I already had to quit watching WWE Smackdown regularly after it moved to Thursday from Friday.

Edited by JimT212

The Big Bang Theory aired the first six episodes of its current season on Mondays before returning to Thursdays. The demo rating started out at a 5.4, but slipped upon its return to Thursdays. At one point, an episode aired in December got a 3.9 rating, but the following episode got a 4.6 demo rating.

You can't just look at it in isolation. That 3.9 was still the highest rated non-sports show by almost one demo point for that week. The entire week across broadcast television was down that week. (Modern Family had a 2.8 that week) It had a 3.8 last April, so 3.9 isn't way out there. It's also instructive to note that TBBT's average rating, for the year, is still higher than any other broadcast show's highest demo, for the year. Viewing is down 11% overall for broadcast television. TBBT is down 13%. For a show in its 8th year, having only a 2% decline more than overall broadcast television, shows its still doing quite well. Despite the decline.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't have minded if TBBT had just moved to Monday full time. It still got good ratings in that time slot and there are no other shows that I watch on Mondays. The Monday to Thursday thing made it hard to remember when to watch the show. They should just put it on one night and stick with it

• Like 1

I would hate to admit this and state the same thing twice and end up getting into an argument with anyone about this, but I kinda do not want TBBT moving back to Mondays full-time, because of the reasons I have stated in my previous post in this thread, the WWE Raw issue being one of them. Because when I record WWE Raw on the DVR, I wouldn't be able to watch TBBT live, and if I watched TBBT live, then I wouldn't be able to DVR-record WWE Raw or watch the first half-hour live.

We should just have a poll here on this: "Should The Big Bang Theory move back to Mondays full-time because of Thursday Night Football or not?"

Also, who else in this forum watches and/or DVR-records WWE Raw or Smackdown?

I would hate to admit this and state the same thing twice and end up getting into an argument with anyone about this, but I kinda do not want TBBT moving back to Mondays full-time, because of the reasons I have stated in my previous post in this thread, the WWE Raw issue being one of them. Because when I record WWE Raw on the DVR, I wouldn't be able to watch TBBT live, and if I watched TBBT live, then I wouldn't be able to DVR-record WWE Raw or watch the first half-hour live.

We should just have a poll here on this: "Should The Big Bang Theory move back to Mondays full-time because of Thursday Night Football or not?"

Also, who else in this forum watches and/or DVR-records WWE Raw or Smackdown?

I'm from NZ I watch Raw live streamed on Tuesdays. Haven't watched SD in a while. Big Bray Wyatt fan haha m