What was the first game you ever played?

For me it was pong on a computer with a 5 inch green screen built right into the computer and a drive bay just as big as the computer to read the disks like a floppy but bigger and thin

Pong frist second was frogger.. on the same green screen computer..

Can´t remember, what game it was..but I remember, it was on a huge computer with black screen and green writing.;) oh and it was one of those huge discs..:)

Just remember playing "Indiana Jones" on that one, but am not sure, if it was the first game ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

First arcade game was Space Invaders (on release day)

First computer game was Frogger64 on Commodore64

First games console was the Hanimex plug and play light gun/bat&ball combo

I remember dancing to the official Space Invaders EP at a friend's birthday party. It was on vinyl too !!

i think it was tetris on those gray things with 999999999 games hahaha

i also got a copy of the NES (called powerstation 64 ¬¬ sadly my first console...) and it had mario bros, arkanoid (never worked), battle city, power rangers, and a lot of other NES games...

My parents are moving house and have begun packing up. Dad and I were going through our old C64 games tonight.

Wow.... we were playing all the best 8 bitters. Operation Wolf, Commando, Yi Ar Kung Fu (remember that one??) I even had a copy of Afterburner.

We managed to find a copy of Sim Ants in its original wrapper. It required 1MB of hard drive space to install and 8MB of RAM to play it. Booted up on Windows 7 just like it was 1984 all over again :)

• 7 months later...

I had many games but I played Angry Birds first on my mobile as having android O.S. There are many applications available in android market and I had downloaded many applications and games and so my mobile is full of application and games. URGE Food Delivery is my favorite and most amazing application, through this application you can order any food like pizza, Chinese, Frankie, sandwich etc and it offers free place delivery.

Umm there use to be a game on the computer that a little white ball bounced around the screen and you had to close the ball in until there was only one square left for the ball. I have no clue what the name of the game was but that was the first computer game I played.

The first and only video game I was allowed to play when I was younger was the duck hunt game.

Revenge of the Mutant Camels by Jeff Minter on the Commodore 64

Horizontal scrolling shootem up.

Great fun.

There were a couple of games on my first ever computer... But I really don't think they count as my first computer was a Sinclair ZX81... 1K of ram, games loaded from compact cassete which only worked right half the time... Ah, those were the days LOL

• 1 month later...

the first game was super mario on the super nintendo! This game where also Yoshi has an important role... I'm not sure what's the real name.. Super Mario Land something ;) And the 2nd game was Zelda a Link to the Past. I loved it and played it for hours and hours when I was young!

I can't necessarily remember the first game I ever played but my dad bought me a PlayStation when I was 5 (I'm a girl, and I remember my mom being like 'wtf'?)

The first games I ever played and really got into were Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Metal Gear Solid. The Metal Gear Solid series continues to be my all-time favorite. It's crazy to think I started playing that game when I was 6.

D:

The latest HD remake of the Metal Gear series is now available on PS3/360. Sadly, the first title does not feature on the remake

I actually do own it. :) It's gorgeous! It's also made for surround sound, if you have it (I don't but a friend does). MGS3 sounds amazing in it, because of all the forest sounds like the birds, crickets, and flow of water, trees in the wind... you can hear it all!

I bought the first game for $9.99 off the PSN. Totally worth it to just be able to play it without worrying about the reverse compatibility crap.

I'm glad it included Peace Walker. It was cool to play that on the big screen.

the first "video-esque" game I played was a crazy little wind up space invader kind of game. A little ticker tape fired from your ship, and if it ran over an enemy ship, you blew it up.

Just wind it back up before your gun barrels overheated and stopped working. um...

Mario Bros (not super) and/or Donkey Kong, or The Legend of Zelda (commodore? can't remember) would probably be the first real video games that I played, or at least watched other people play.

I had a Sinclair ZX81 which I played Breakout on. Terrible graphics :icon_lol:

I don't know how old you guys are but did any of you ever own a Sinclair Spectrum? Mine was a 48K but it was my favourite computer ever - such great games! I LOVED the Hobbit and LOTR text-based adventure games. I bought the LOTR box set of text adventures off eBay a few years back; just need to get another Spectrum and a cassette recorder now! :D