Who's your fave singer (or band)!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered Breaking Benjamin two years ago and my husband and I both love them! Also, Blackmore's Night is a really good band. I would have to say they are my favorites. BTW, nothing wrong with A-ha. I loved them in the 80's and still listen to them. My favorite song by them is "Manhattan Skyline." :)

I'm with ya on Michael, Selz! Favorite singer. Amazing, and a phenomenal dancer.

Eminem is still my favorite rap artist.

My favorite band is A B & the Sea. (:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Favorites (sorry, I can't choose!) are: Pink Floyd, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and The Cure.. a lot of David Bowie too (yes, i guess happy music is not my style LOL)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For current music, it's KT Tunstall. I also like contemporary Christian music like Kutless, Matthew West, Mercy me.. Broadway, and old rock. Yeah, I'm all over the place.

It's GOoD to hear others like CHRISTian contemporary too. If I could suggest listening to ApologetiX, their band is like a CHRISTian Wierd Al. 2 of their sons are BETHLEHMIAN RHAPSODY, and DON'T STOP 'TIL EGYPT. All their songs are great for nonbelievers as well as believers.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite bands are,in no particular order (except for David Bowie and the Beatles...they are tied as Top Favorite) :

David Bowie

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

New Madrid

Dan Priddy

MJJ

Grateful Dead

I listen to literally all types of music, except Christian/Gospel.

I have just finished Pagliacci and highly enjoyed it.

In no real order, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, and the Monkees........I think I'm giving away my age.

I like all the above as well, and I am at least 1/2 your age.

My daughter and 3 grand kids love them too(the oldest is just starting high school). My only regret is I never saw the Monkees in concert. I've been to the Beach Boys at least 4 times, met Brian (he lives close to us), Jan & Dean, 3 times. Met and talked to both twice. I was VERY sad when I heard about Jans death.

• 2 weeks later...

In no real order, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, and the Monkees........I think I'm giving away my age.

My daughter and 3 grand kids love them too(the oldest is just starting high school). My only regret is I never saw the Monkees in concert. I've been to the Beach Boys at least 4 times, met Brian (he lives close to us), Jan & Dean, 3 times. Met and talked to both twice. I was VERY sad when I heard about Jans death.

*jealous* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ever think Howard has a Monkees haircut, or is it just me?

I never thought about it, but you're right Howard does have a MONKEES haircut. And he dresses somewhat like Herman's Hermits.

I never thought about it, but you're right Howard does have a MONKEES haircut. And he dresses somewhat like Herman's Hermits.

Glad I see someone else agrees!

And he DOES dress like Herman's Hermits, doesn't he?!?

Maybe he will sing Henry the VIII, or Howard the I ,later on !

Glad I see someone else agrees!

And he DOES dress like Herman's Hermits, doesn't he?!?

Maybe he will sing Henry the VIII, or Howard the I ,later on !

I'd love to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to reiterate ..... The Beach Boys WITH Al Jardine AND Brian Wilson!!!

Otherwise it's just a beach boy with a bunch of tails.

For further Explanation:

See thread "Beach Boys...rest In peace" post # 8.

Edited by walnutcowboy

• 3 weeks later...

i may of posted on this topic before but i cant find it so here goes

I absolutely love Queen and for me Freddie Mercury is/was the greatest frontman of any band ever, he was just totally superb and all of the band wrote some great songs

Others that i like, all in the Rock genre, though i do like bits and pieces

Bruce Springsteen

Elton John

Rod Stewart

Bryan Adams

Richard Marx

Kings of Leon

Scissor Sisters