814 The Troll Manifestation (February 5)

Tripper

Your Episode Rating  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Really fun episode enjoyed the parallel stories and both of them were good.  I love episodes which are Leonard and Sheldon orientated, so of course very happy with this episode.  The girls storyline was really funny as well Bernadette's beauty pageant was hilarious.  

• Like 4

That was hilarious! From start to finish! Every scene! ( even the slightly preachy Internet bully bit had enough jokes to stop it being PBS). The girls have been great together this season ( Bernie was brilliant!). Leonard and Sheldon were great with their repartee and Raj's cluelessness at one liners was "hill- air - ee- us!" Love it when they stick to two plots. Whole family was rolling on the floor at this one. More of this for rest of season.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 5

Firstly, I just read all the comments in the thread prior to mine, and I can't remember another episode with such a positive response.  I concur with most of the comments that this was a great episode.  I could have done without the weird bathtub scene, but otherwise it was clever and funny.

I've been squealing ever since the taping over Stephen Hawking being the troll.  TBBT is brilliant at the portrayal of real people (Wil Wheaton, James Earl Jones, etc) in AU.

I also like the portrayal of Sheldon and Leonard in this one.  They're goofy and childlike in other areas of their lives, but here we got to see them being competent, mature professionals in their work.  They're also shown as good friends, with very little of the getting on each other's nerves that is often characteristic of their relationship.

The entire girls' plot was hilarious, and I really enjoyed them razzing each other.  And as others have pointed out, this is possibly the best Bernadette moment of the series.

• Like 4

it was a good one. laughed a lot. Bernie's part... man, Melissa is a genius, she can make you laugh out loud with so little, she's great.
i like very much that Sheldon and Leonard are able to do something together and that the paper was actually a good work. Kunal had very little this week, but his lines were funny... the girls part was amusing too. My fave was Sheldon and Leonard and the me-wow sticker lol
  • Like 1

Great episode tonight with the surprise cameo from Stephen Hawking and Shamy Fanfiction written by Amy plus Bernadette's pageant days and this episode was one of the funniest episodes of season 8 too.

IMO it would have been a lot better had the cameo actually been a surprise, but you had TBBT's Facebook page pre-spoiling the show with a cast photo posing with Hawking and telling us to tune in to see what's going on.

So instead of thinking "Hey they have to defend their great theory against an internet troll" I was thinking "Oh their theory sucks cuz Hawking is making fun of it"

Very good! I enjoyed this one tremendously. The girls part was really well done; from the opening with Penny and the napkin, all the way through to Amy and the bath scene. Seeing the guys accomplish something was also enjoyable. I appreciated that they built a humorous story around it without having their accomplishment become the punchline. Hawking was great and it's a delight to see the great man is able to laugh at himself. 

I just finished watching this episode and I have to say it was definitely one of the funniest this season.

The parallel stories were perfect.

I loved ever bit of it and laughed consistently throughout the whole thing.

I want to see more Amelia/Cooper fan fiction.

This ep was freaking hilarious! So many golden moments even when I'm not counting Amelia/Cooper - oh really? cat, me-wow (totally gonna use that irl from now on), amazingly sarcastic 6th Spice Girl Bernadette, Raj totally failing every improv moment... and more and more desperate Amy while they're reading her fanfic.

Loved every second of it.  :laugh:

• Like 1

Overall, enjoyed the episode. 

I love when these girls get together.  That was just fun all around, IMO.  I think they have come along way as friends and this episode really highlights that.  Bernie was so cute in the quiznos pageant!! 

I also enjoyed the guys story in this and loved the SH was the troll.  I was spoiled so I knew.  I just like the way it played out on screen.  When Shelnard jointly clicked the mouse, that was a little cringe worthy to me too. 

I Shamy.  I Lenny.  I root for both of these ships.  IMO, if the writer's meant for the tag scene to be creepy in weird sort of way that was meant to be funny; I think they accomplished that.  I know in future views...I will happily skip over this tag. The part of me that roots for Shamy takes come comfort in the fact that this was Leonard's imagining of how Amy's fanfic would play out.  I am glad that he quickly shuts Penny down.

All my opinion, of course. 

• Like 3

I figured out something about Amy's fan fiction that I think may have eluded people. Doesn't Amy's story about "young Amelia and the time traveling doctor" sound familiar? Say, Doctor Who, with Amelia "Amy" Pond and the Doctor? :)

Oh, that wasn't missed in this house, where I reside with a 10 year old Whovian. My sons had no idea what Little House was though.

• Like 1

great episode, the funniest so far.

the girls plot was the best making fun of each other,

then they yelled at leonard to get out. 

like how sheldon was working with leonard.

what can you say about the tag. :icon_redface:

• Like 1

great episode, the funniest so far.

the girls plot was the best making fun of each other,

then they yelled at leonard to get out. 

like how sheldon was working with leonard.

what can you say about the tag. :icon_redface:

I thought the tag was rather funny. First of all Jim did Sheldon completely dead pan. Like he was just sitting in his spot chatting. I think they went to a lot of trouble to film a short scene. I like how they just go for it some times. I also thought putting Howard in space was kind of silly but I love that they made an effort to make a great set. Nothing tops the Dagobah set for me thought. These moments really set this sitcom apart. The kind of things one can do when bringing in a lot of money I guess.

• Like 1