814 The Troll Manifestation (February 5)

Tripper

Your Episode Rating  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I give this one a very good. Fans enjoy learning new stuff about characters on their favorite show, and so do I. :) Like Bernadette's beauty pageant, Amy writing fiction about her and Sheldon in the 1800s. Ring ring ring, banana anyone? I especially appreciated the witty dialogue throughout the episode. I missed that.

Fast forward to season 10, nobel prize for Sheldon and Leonard for that paper, I can see it.

From Kaleys *very* casual use of Apple products on the show one can tell she must be using them alot at home.

• Like 2

On a side-note, but still related to this episode, apparently today is Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday. Coincidence?

I thought so too. Got reminded of it when I saw yesterdays google doodle

33e4f647bc165c639b5f0778f70c57ca.jpg

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 2

I have finally watched the episode friday evening. Good Episode. I like the different story.

My favorite moment, although I am a ShAmy fan, is Bernadette video in beauty contest. I love it, so funny. Bernadette is my favorite character after Sheldon, I find her very funny and more interesting character than Penny and Amy. (Just my opinion).

And Good Shelnard scenes, and hoo Amelia and Cooper.^^

I loved everything about this episode. My favorite parts:

1. Leonard acknowleging needing Sheldon's help.

2. Sheldon reassuring Leonard that his theory was good.

3. Sheldon inviting Leonard to touch his hand and click the mouse with him twice.

4. Amy's feeling into the reading of her story when she took Penny's ipad. I loved that she maintained Sheldon's personality in Cooper.

5. The fact that Penny and Bernie are all for Shamy.

6. Cooper's bare chest and back.

7. The way Cooper kept laying eyes of admiration toward Amelia.

The bromance was the true highlight, though.

• Like 1

Love the oh-so-subtle meta commentary on internet trolls the world over.  Like the ones who criticize the show with un-nuanced criticisms.

"You know, at least you two made a contribution to science.  While this person just anonymously sits behind a computer desk and probably has never accomplished anything worthwhile in their life" or something like that.

"If you were sitting in a chair for forty years, you'd get bored too."

Other parts I enjoyed,

L: "Why'd you give me a sticker? I'm not a child."

S: "Okay, I'll take it back"

L: "No I earned that sticker." :D

Also good to see Leonard and Sheldon working together for once.  Yeah they still jabbed at each other, but the sense of mutual respect was still felt.

Another good episode, this season seems to be turning things around a little ever since it came back at the beginning of the year.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the Sheldon and Leonard dynamic here. It's nice to see Sheldon not completely diminishing Leonard's work for once. He was still Sheldon, of course, with his Easy-Bake oven comment, but he didn't go out of his way to belittle Leonard. I felt it it was another little insight into why Leonard puts up with Sheldon, if they can occasionally work together like this. An impressive episode all around with the girls' story.

Omg yay Tripper posted his thoughts! What a rare treat! I always wonder "what's rattling around that big bulbous brain of yours?" :icon_biggrin:

• Like 6

I loved so many things about this episode and there are several story lines I'd like to see addressed in the future:

1. The Leonard/Sheldon paper- I'd like them both to receive some professional recognition for their contribution. Raj was in People Magazine and Howard went to space, so I just want a little career positivity for Leonard and Sheldon.

2. Penny's two movies- she has been in two movies and was the star of both! I know the movies aren't cinematic gold, but I'd love something good to come from her efforts. Maybe a cult following that leads to an offer to be in something more mainstream?

3. Amy's fanfic- I would love for Sheldon to find it so we could witness his reaction. I can only imagine he would initially be scandalized, but then secretly intrigued after the shock wore off.

4. Stephen Hawking- anytime he has a guest spot it has been hilarious. I really hope the writers have plans to bring him back again, if not this season, then next.

• Like 2

I'd like for someone to actually write and publish, the fanfic.

Maybe one of our esteemed authors could do it?

um, I guess this means you haven't actually checked fanfiction dot net yet? April In Paris already wrote a nice one. although, I don't think it will be perfect until she updates the tags on it to show as a Little House/TBBT crossover, not just tbbt.
  • Like 1

I gave this episode an okay I like Leonard and Sheldon finally working together without trying to tear each other down but Howard to me stole the show Simon is too underrated I don't really care for the girls storyline (although I did find Bernie in her pageant dress adorable) that's all I can really stand  I do like Lenny being in bed together but them reading Amy fanfic is just disturbing which brings me to that weird ass tag scene why..... like it was too much I glad Leonard stop it when he did.

Re-watched this last night. Such well delivered comedy. The ludicrous awkwardness of the bath scene, where Sheldon is STILL oblivious, even when Amy has creative control, is hysterically discomforting if you are not on that particular train. Very funny all round. And they threw in a camisole. V/good.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Episode 14- The Troll Manifestation- Review

A fun, lighthearted episode in which the good side to the Leonard/Sheldon dynamic was shown. It was nice to see Sheldon and Leonard act as friends, seeing as the last time they coauthored a paper it didn't turn out so well. Leonard and Sheldon are and have always been the core of this show but it has been some time since they had a story where they weren't fighting or arguing and instead seemed to be getting along. There was a lot of good material in this storyline- some very funny lines and good acting as usual from the lads. The troll idea was a good one and Raj and Howard's humourous contributions made the storyline even better, but I thought that the troll should have been Barry Kripke rather than Stephen Hawking. Whilst I do enjoy Dr Hawking's appearances I just felt that this particular episode could have done with someone who had a better motive for trolling Leonard and Sheldon, and Barry was that person as he has been in confrontations with Leonard and Sheldon before. Also, I think that the character of Barry is yet to be throughly explored and the material is always fantastic when Sheldon has banter with Barry, so it was a shame not to see him appear at least somewhere in tonight's episode.

Bernadette, Penny and Amy's sub-plot was mildly interesting and served it's real purpose (filler) well. The Serial Apeist jokes have been done to desth though, so there was some flogging of a dead horse here. That said, Bernadette's beauty pageant video was hilarious and Amy's fan fiction very amusing, particularly in the tag scene where Leonard asks Penny to read on until Amelia starts asking Cooper about getting physical.

Best Line: Leonard: Do you really want him to write back?
Sheldon: I do. And no matter how he responds, I'm going to destroy him with a picture of a bored cat saying "Oh, really?"
Leonard: Mee-wow.

Performance of the Week: Johnny Galeki.

Score: 8/10.

Edited by Stewie99

• 2 months later...

This was actually the first episode of TBBT that I ever saw, so I would love it for that reason anyway.:) At the time I thought it was very funny.

Having since seen the rest of the series to date and understanding a heck of a lot more about the characters, the episode still ranks as one of my favourites. I couldn't pick a favourite character or plot in this one because I think they're all great! I liked the way the show dealt with internet trolls and the girls' plot was hilarious. Having written (very bad) fanfiction about various shows in the past, Amy's plot did resonate with me a bit.

I want a me-wow sticker! :D

• Like 2