The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

815 The Comic Book Store Regeneration (February 19)

Your Episode Rating  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Tonight's episode was very good I thought. I got teary eyed when Howard found out his mother died. Simon is such an amazing actor. I laughed during Penny's flashbacks of Amy giving her puzzles to complete.

• Like 1

That was beautiful.....they all looked so emotional at the end.  Wow.

Not a bad episode. Superb acting from all of them.

Only thing I thought was missing was at the end of the episode, they could have had a quick "in memorial" dedication to Carol Ann Susi.

• Like 4

Gave this one a "good" vote. Penny's appartment has gained a bicycle and protein powder? A littly laundry-heavy, this episode was.  :icon_wink:

I appreciate that the toast to Mrs Wolowitz in the end wasn't acting, but very real. If you look into Johnny's and Kaley's facial expressions,

you can feel they lost a friend. It's been said Carol Ann Susi, the voice actor behind Mrs W, was the person that could light up a room

just by entering it. Most viewers won't realize that the fourth wall was secretly broken in this sad scene.

Hey and I liked the decoration of the new comic book store. TBBT has a great set designer. Tried to make out stuff from Dr. Lorvin's

basement but nothing was immediately apparent.

Solid episode.

The flashbacks of Amy giving puzzles to Penny were hilarious.  I was a little bit confused when Sheldon described it, because at first it sounded like he was ratting Amy out to Penny, but then it turned out he was involved in it, too--which made it even funnier.

Beautiful scene at the end.  I fully agree with Molaro in the article that Johnny nailed it.  That's when my eyes started leaking.  It was a wonderful tribute to Mrs. W, and by extension, Carol Ann Susi's contribution to the show.

• Like 1

Great Episode Tonight. 

I thought the Amy-Penny and Sheldon storyline was Entertaining. Especially Amy and the Puzzles. 

I do like the New Bookstore. It very Modern. 

The Raj and Leonard Scene with Nathan Fillion was okay. I was expecting a little more. 

Okay I love the tribute to Mrs Wolowitz, they handled it with Class. Was very nicly done, Could not have asked for a better ending!  I thought the last scene was very nice especially and I teared up a little at the end as they were reminiscing. It felt very real as you could see the actors were mourning Carol. I for the first time realize tonight that it was for real especially as the very last scene faded to black. 

Mrs Wolowitz (Carol) will be miss a lot in these last couple years but we will always have Reruns and DVD's! 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

I thought it was very sweet that Howard let Sheldon speak even though Leonard was expecting Sheldon to say something inappropriate. Howard trusted that his friend would not say something stupid in that moment. I thought that was great, it shows how Sheldon and Howard's relationship has changed since they talked out their issues with each other.

Great episode.

• Like 6

Not a bad episode. Superb acting from all of them.

Only thing I thought was missing was at the end of the episode, they could have had a quick "in memorial" dedication to Carol Ann Susi.

I was really sad to see it wasn't there. :/

Incidentally, I checked and bazinga.com is not taken.

• Like 1

Great all around.

The Nathan Fillion bit was perhaps a disappointment. I think the take away with this and many other guest cameos is that celebrities don't enjoy being recognized in public constantly. JEJ was the exception.

Everything else was very entertaining and well acted / well written.

After seeing this episode it makes me wonder why are penny and amy even friends Im glad Penny stood up for herself because if I found out that a "supposed friend" was using me like a lab monkey I would not want to be her friend at this point I think the only reason Penny puts up with Amy is because of Sheldon.

Also I was very sad for Howard R.I.P Mrs. Wolowitz

• Like 1

Well, this was the second time ever that I cried during Big Bang (and it wasn't from laughter). Amazingly done. 

After seeing this episode it makes me wonder why are penny and amy even friends Im glad Penny stood up for herself because if I found out that a "supposed friend" was using me like a lab monkey I would not want to be her friend at this point I think the only reason Penny puts up with Amy is because of Sheldon.

Uhm, what? Penny isn't exactly a saint and best friend either...

• Like 2

They all have flaws. These are exaggerated at times for comedic effect.

(the writers don't want us to miss the flaws or we might not get some of the jokes).

Edited by djsurrey

This episode was so funny, one of the funniest in a LONG time. I was actually chuckling through out the episode..until Howard said his mum died :( which was a shocker. Other than the sad passing, this episode was great

I actually enjoy it when Amy and Sheldon experiment on others.

As in the Herb Garden Germination?

That one was so funny.

Amy: "Pun intended?"

Sheldon: "I'm sorry. What pun?"

AND

Leonard: "YOU'RE PREGNANT?"

• Like 1

Well it happened as expected. I cried. From the moment Howard took the phone call to Leonard's final toast. That was something special. Sheldon's words were beautiful. Yes, he can be nice. Leonard was so poignant. It was such a nice change to have Penny throwing the one liners in to break the mood instead of Sheldon. 

Simon was sensational. I said he'd make me cry and he did. He really is the best dramatic actor in this show. And I loved his whiny bits too. It made sense as a build up to the death. Bernadette was a great wife throughout. Stuart was great too.

Aside from the emotional ending, I laughed a lot through the whole show. I wasn't expecting to but I did.  I liked the Fillion bit, more for Raj than Nathan but I laughed. I really loved the Sheldon/Penny scenes. Loved his pen bit. Found the puzzle scenario humorous. Penny and Leonard will get over it!  I found it funny. 

R.I.P Debbie Wolowitz/Carol Ann Susi. Good Night.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 6