The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrWackaDoodle

Fanfiction Friday

Hmm...I could be Dr. Horrible and say no to the question about just using your current stories, but since I'm reading all of them, and want updates soon, I probably better not go that route. Current stories count. 

Thanks for the link to the Halloween challenge @madamocho

@Beckyseyedoc 1 month from today for a deadline. (completed by November 23rd) 

Challenge accepted. En Garde! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

So we can submit an already written story, so long as it's fluffy, and between 3 and 10 thousand words?

If it's a WIP, yes. If it's complete, no. 

Ok by the end of Sunday there will be a story from me combining both challenges, there will be Halloween and fluff!

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

Calling all Shamy authors. The break up story line is draining the life blood out of our fandom faster than Dracula at a blood bank! Nibbler and I have decided to throw down the gauntlet and issue a challenge! 

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a fluffy, happy, Shamy in love story. 

The rules are as follows: 

1) NO mention of the break up 

2) No fighting/drama between any of the characters

3) MINIMUM of 3K- MAXIMUM of 10K words

4) All ratings allowed 

Post the link to the story in this thread! 

I might give this a try.  Already have a concept in mind.  Could use some Shamy fluff...

• Like 1

I planned on doing mine this weekend, but had a surprise visit by the parental units and am waaaay too stressed out to write now. Have a couple of different ideas percolating. :)  Looks like I have a ton of updates to read tonight in between working on my chapter for YOGM1. WOOT!!! 

I'm going to try to write one but I still have two others waiting for me. I have some ideas though.

DrWackaDoodle and nibbler747: ask and ye shall receive :)

In completion of your challenge for a "fluffy, happy ShAmy story," I present "The Library Assignation."

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11597593/1/The-Library-Assignation

It's probably not quite the "fluff" you had in mind, but I always enjoyed the lemon curd of my mother's lemon meringue pie more than the meringue. It's a personality flaw. 

I hope it gives the respite from the angst of season 9 thus far that you were looking for. It was a joy to write. Thank you for allowing me to share in this way.

• Like 3

Calling all Shamy authors. The break up story line is draining the life blood out of our fandom faster than Dracula at a blood bank! Nibbler and I have decided to throw down the gauntlet and issue a challenge! 

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a fluffy, happy, Shamy in love story. 

The rules are as follows: 

1) NO mention of the break up 

2) No fighting/drama between any of the characters

3) MINIMUM of 3K- MAXIMUM of 10K words

4) All ratings allowed 

The Shamy Agreement

Here's my entry. 

• Like 3

Ok, here's a fic I've been adding to for about a month.  It's not complete yet, so I think it is eligible.  It's not so much a full story, as a series of shorts of happy Shamy moments after they've become intimate and their friends' reactions.  With my latest update today it's over the 3k mark.  Enjoy!

That's Our Thing!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11546407/1/That-s-our-thing

Description: "We make everyone feel awkward, that's our thing!" Sheldon was right about that, but the gang didn't really know the meaning of awkward until Sheldon and Amy had become intimate. This is a series of very short snippets about what life might be like around those two after they've done the deed.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 3

loving all the stories posted here so far!!!!!!!!!!! great job everyone!!!!

:mail: you guys keep writing so  I can keeping reading! :read:

OK. Just in time I wrote my fluff piece. I actually calculated how fast I write and if I'm doing good I average 300 words...an hour. Yep 5 words a minute if I'm in the zone. This story was not written that speedily. 

If you like Shamy games and kissing this story is for you.

The Childlike Fun Initiative

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11628795/1/The-Childlike-Fun-Initiative

• Like 7

On 11/22/2015, 12:51:44, madamocho said:

OK. Just in time I wrote my fluff piece. I actually calculated how fast I write and if I'm doing good I average 300 words...an hour. Yep 5 words a minute if I'm in the zone. This story was not written that speedily. 

Such a great story!  LOVED IT!  I'm so glad you're back!  Now about my Cooper coupons.  YOu know what I want!

Received this from a PM about one of my stories. I thought i share it incase anyone is interested in sharing their fanfic stories too.

Subject: Want to join a Fanfiction contest? I just read What Is Love

Hi tonstar17,

I think this might be a great opportunity for you: There is a contest for Fanfiction novels at Inkitt. They are looking for full length Fanfiction novels, and previously published works are accepted too.

See the details at inkitt [dot] com [slash] fandom2.

Check out the writing guidelines as well, they are pretty strict with those.

If you do not have a full novel ready just yet, there are other contests running for original short stories as well, all for different genres! It'd be an awesome way to get some recognition for your work! inkitt [dot] com [slash] contests

Cheers

http://www.inkitt.com/fandom2

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Received this from a PM about one of my stories. I thought i share it incase anyone is interested in sharing their fanfic stories too.

Hi tonstar17,

I think this might be a great opportunity for you: There is a contest for Fanfiction novels at Inkitt. They are looking for full length Fanfiction novels, and previously published works are accepted too.

If you do not have a full novel ready just yet, there are other contests running for original short stories as well, all for different genres! It'd be an awesome way to get some recognition for your work! inkitt [dot] com [slash] contests

Cheers

I think they sent that message to everyone. I got the email today too. No time or energy to write a story though. 

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:  

Hi tonstar17,

Cheers

I think they sent that message to everyone. I got the email today too. No time or energy to write a story though. 

Oh okay. Didn't know that. Just thought I share. Just incase. ☺

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎51‎:‎44‎, madamocho said:

Loved this!!!!!

I just finished posting a short story, The Intimation Trials

If you enjoy some of the innuendo jokes on the show, than you will probably get a kick out of this.

Summary: As Sheldon and Amy adjust to the ins and outs of married life, their friends have a hard time grasping the odd couple's peculiar oral exchanges. Spoiler free.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 3