The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrWackaDoodle

Fanfiction Friday

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Absolutely. What story-line do you have in mind?

'moving in'. I have half of it written already but I'll wait till next Friday to post????  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I'm in the mood to write a one shot.... should I ?????? 

Yea!! I'm thrilled the bug has bitten you again!

As a general rule, I think if you're in the mood to write, you should. There's something inside of your soul that needs out and shared with the world.

I know you said in a later post you're going to put the story out next Friday. Please keep us up to date! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beckyseyedoc said:

Yea!! I'm thrilled the bug has bitten you again!

As a general rule, I think if you're in the mood to write, you should. There's something inside of your soul that needs out and shared with the world.

I know you said in a later post you're going to put the story out next Friday. Please keep us up to date! :)

I'll start a thread here in fan fic like everybody else does with the story. thanks for the encouragement!!! :) 

• Like 1

On November 24, 2015 at 2:59:04 PM, Tonstar17 said:

Received this from a PM about one of my stories. I thought i share it incase anyone is interested in sharing their fanfic stories too.

Subject: Want to join a Fanfiction contest? I just read What Is Love

Hi tonstar17,

I think this might be a great opportunity for you: There is a contest for Fanfiction novels at Inkitt. They are looking for full length Fanfiction novels, and previously published works are accepted too.

See the details at inkitt [dot] com [slash] fandom2.

Check out the writing guidelines as well, they are pretty strict with those.

If you do not have a full novel ready just yet, there are other contests running for original short stories as well, all for different genres! It'd be an awesome way to get some recognition for your work! inkitt [dot] com [slash] contests

Cheers

http://www.inkitt.com/fandom2

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I got the same email, which makes me doubt the line about having read my story, "The Railroad Recalibration".

It also makes me wonder about the point of this "contest".  I mean, it might be nice to submit a story for such a thing, but I guess they probably wrote to anyone with a story of a certain size or length.

I'm not sure if I want to submit or not.

We need the Shamy goodness to inspire some new fics.  My list is getting low..............

• Like 2

8 hours ago, notchinc said:

We need the Shamy goodness to inspire some new fics...

Agreed. The number of published Shamy fanfics is definitely reducing.

I'm struggling to write chapters. What used to take me a day/day and a half, is now taking several days, sometimes weeks.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

So ehm..unusual request. I'm looking for a ff. I'd like to read something funny, not much based on romance, focused on all characters. Or I think I'd give a try Sheldon pairing with somebody outside Amy, but please no Shenny, if, then interesting original character, and set somewhere in time, or universe without Amy, I don't want any drama or Amy's hurt feelings. I guess it's silly to look for a recommendations  of this kind on a forum full of Shamies and Lennies still, if there would be somebody with an idea I'm all ears. Metaphorically, as Sheldon would like to add. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tallin said:

Or I think I'd give a try Sheldon pairing with somebody outside Amy, but please no Shenny,:)

Excuse me blowing my own trumpet,  but I wrote an AU one-shot, called The Martha Effect.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11257403/1/The-Martha-Effect

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

I'm supposedly to be snowed in this weekend so I will take some Shamy fics new or updates.  (hint, hint)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, notchinc said:

I'm supposedly to be snowed in this weekend so I will take some Shamy fics new or updates.  (hint, hint)

I updated... If that helps!  LOL.  A little late than never.

Many moons ago, I asked if Amy drives a stick shift car?

Well, although I still can't confirm whether or not she does, I did find a Youtube video, where Mayim reveals that she (that's Mayim, not her character Amy) drives one.

• Like 1

Is the fanfiction site acting up again?  I've tried to post reviews of stories I've read and nothing seems to come up.

It takes a few minutes for reviews to appear.

Also, if you are posting the reviews without logging in, they might not appear until the author approves them.

In the spirit of ff awards and those who can't be praised since they are outside the forum I'd like to remind one of best ff was recently finished - April's in Paris Book Club series. So for those who haven't read it yet and as I do, like to enjoy the whole ride at once, give it a go. It's truly extraordinary ;)

Edited by tallin
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2015 at 2:40 PM, kelliluvtbbt said:

'moving in'. I have half of it written already but I'll wait till next Friday to post????  

I will read it:)

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:36 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Agreed. The number of published Shamy fanfics is definitely reducing.

I'm struggling to write chapters. What used to take me a day/day and a half, is now taking several days, sometimes weeks.

I am stuggling to write anything at lot I get writers block and get stuck