The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrWackaDoodle

Fanfiction Friday

The Shenny relationship has always reminded me of my friendship with a guy I grew up with. He's only a couple days younger than me, so we were more like siblings than friends . That's how I see Shenny as well. To each their own, but I personally am so NOT digging the Shenny in a romantic sense.

• Like 1

How many times can I hit the like button?  One wonders?

I love the idea of a great friendship between Amy and Leonard. I think they would hit it off if Amy didn't find him tedious.

It's interesting that you think Amy finds Leonard tedious. I've never been of that opinion. If anything, I thought that they have a mutual respect for each other. Not many people can speak Sheldonese or are willing to tolerate him. I think that Leonard and Amy have bonded over their unwavering loyalty to Sheldon and over time have become friends, independent of their respective relationships with Sheldon.

• Like 1

I totally agree about Amy and Leonard have a kinship that the other's can't share.  

Judging by the Anything Can Happen Recurrence, Amy doesn't see Leonard as a close friend, or indeed much of a friend at all.

Leonard: You know, we never hang just out like this. Why is that?
Amy: I know. It's weird, right.
Leonard: Yea, we should do it more often.
Amy: No, I mean it’s weird right now.
  • Like 2

Judging by the Anything Can Happen Recurrence, Amy doesn't see Leonard as a close friend, or indeed much of a friend at all.

Leonard: You know, we never hang just out like this. Why is that?

Amy: I know. It's weird, right.

Leonard: Yea, we should do it more often.

Amy: No, I mean it’s weird right now.

You're right. I forgot about that.

• Like 1

I'm feeling like venturing into the dark side of so called cracked cannon fics. Does anybody know of a good Amy/Leonard story?

Sorry, I think there is even more Sheldon/Leonard fics (yes, in romantic sense), than is pure Amy/Leonard. Never saw one, but maybe I just didn't noticed them. If you would want their plots, than Shenny are really the way if you would ignore Sheldon/Penny parts, but from the nature I assuming you would have to deal either with their story coming from cheating/being cheated on, or some kind of revenge and I'm not sure how you would feel about that, but maybe there can be nice story among these somewhere 

• Like 1

Sorry, I think there is even more Sheldon/Leonard fics (yes, in romantic sense), than is pure Amy/Leonard. Never saw one, but maybe I just didn't noticed them. If you would want their plots, than Shenny are really the way if you would ignore Sheldon/Penny parts, but from the nature I assuming you would have to deal either with their story coming from cheating/being cheated on, or some kind of revenge and I'm not sure how you would feel about that, but maybe there can be nice story among these somewhere

No. No. No. No. No. Just no. I need about a million gallons of brain bleach to undo that mental image.

• Like 2

After reading your comments about Amy and Leonard, I wish there were more Lamy moments on the show. I would like to see them confide in each other about Sheldon, whether it be good or bad. I could see them venting to each other and eventually the two of them becoming close friends. I also tried to find a Lamy fanfic a while ago, but was unsuccessful. Lamy is a pairing, but mostly in Shenny stories. I just refuse to believe Leonard and Amy would ever cheat on their SOs and Sheldon cheating on Amy...NOT IN ANY UNIVERSE WOULD THAT HAPPEN, nor would Penny, as she's been cheated on several times and knows how hurtful it is. This seems to be the theme of most Shenny fanfics. To each there own I guess. I'm not hating on Shenny, I just don't get it..oh well. **Shrugs**

Also, Not sure if this fanfic has been mentioned, Amelia and the Time Traveling Physicist by April in Paris. It isn't a Shamy fanfic per se, but it's based on Amy's fanfic. It's really good. :shy:

Edited by loriparis80
  • Like 4

I'm so with you on that! I know Mayim and Jim love working together and their work is comedy gold, but I'd love to see more Sheldon/Bernadette or Amy/Howard as well. Oh, and more Amelia/Cooper sexy time for sure... thanks for story rec. I'm going to have a hellacious week at work, and read fanfiction on my breaks. It keeps me from going junior rodeo on the Priya/Sheldon clone that is unfortunately one of my clients.

• Like 1

After reading your comments about Amy and Leonard, I wish there were more Lamy moments on the show. I would like to see them confide in each other about Sheldon, whether it be good or bad. I could see them venting to each other and eventually the two of them becoming close friends. I also tried to find a Lamy fanfic a while ago, but was unsuccessful. Lamy is a pairing, but mostly in Shenny stories. I just refuse to believe Leonard and Amy would ever cheat on their SOs and Sheldon cheating on Amy...NOT IN ANY UNIVERSE WOULD THAT HAPPEN, nor would Penny, as she's been cheated on several times and knows how hurtful it is. This seems to be the theme of most Shenny fanfics. To each there own I guess. I'm not hating on Shenny, I just don't get it..oh well. **Shrugs**

Also, Not sure if this fanfic has been mentioned, Amelia and the Time Traveling Physicist by April in Paris. It isn't a Shamy fanfic per se, but it's based on Amy's fanfic. It's really good. :shy:

They had their own private scene in "anything can happen" though it led to the most ridiculous line I have ever heard with Amy saying she was a little jealous of Sheldon and Penny

That came out of nowhere and annoyed the crap out of me!

• Like 1

This is a great topic! Here are my answers:

1. What stories do you like to read? I like the Shamy romance stories, but don't read those that are too angst-filled or upsetting in some way. If anyone is seriously hurt, emotionally or physically, to me, that goes too far from the show and I'd rather not know. I've also been drawn completely into the M stuff, but that's not to say I don't enjoy T and K too. There are many aspects that an author could focus on with this relationship, and a sweet K rated story can be just as enjoyable as full-on M. I also like it when different authors look at the same episode, as each writer's interpretation is slightly different. The Christmas/Halloween/Valentines challenges were very interesting in that respect, as people came up with such diverse stories from the same basic prompts, and the same can be said for stories that are inspired by the same episodes.

I also love description and imagery, and stories that really look at the characters, with the narrative being as important as dialogue.

2. Do you go randomly looking for a story, or do you wait for recommendations on the boards? I just put on a Shamy Romance filter and see what comes up every day.

3. Do you like one-shots, novel length stories or in-between? Generally speaking, one-shots or in-between. I tend to lose interest if a story is too long.

4. How do you judge a 'good' story from a 'bad' one? Bad spelling and grammar will make me stop reading pretty quickly. I won't read if it gets too divergent from the show either - it needs to be a story I can believe.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve in fanfiction? Probably what I wrote above - bad spelling/grammar and a story that's not believable. Also not keen on too many original characters - a couple is fine, but not many. Just thought of another one - stories that are overrated, in that a story which is really T is rated M. Another point which isn't really the fault of the writers, but I think sometimes people feel they need to make a story have that higher rating, even if it doesn't really fit with it and/or they are not fully comfortable with it. No-one should feel obliged to write content that they are not personally happy with, as they won't find it so enjoyable to write and it will show in the writing.

6. What have you read recently? Treading Water by Ylva Borealis, The Cooper Neglect Theory by Madamocho, The Big Reversal Theory by Hazelra, Amelia and the Time Travelling Physicist by April in Paris, The Fan-Fiction Reaction by Boys3AllC and The Vehicle Delocalization Endeavour by Shamour.

Edited by Bella Duveen
  • Like 3

It's Friday y'all!!! Grab your Sheldon approved snacks and settle in for a marathon of great fanfiction. In honor of Valentine's Day (or single's awareness day as my co-worker calls it), please post links to your favorite Valentine's Day story. My pick is The Locomotive Manipulation Deduction by Misophonia. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10095654/1/The-Locomotive-Manipulation-Deduction

• Like 2

Shameless plug... I am the worst. I am sorry, but i wrote this one specifically for Valentines this year. I should have saved it for this weekend, but you guys know I can wait to post.

I'm not saying my story is my favorite... or maybe I am... I really liked the idea of Sheldon trying to be Romantic and being a total noob.    Anyway, without sounding like a totally tool, here is my story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10830939/1/The-Unconventional-Romance-Paradigm

Also, I have to say, the Valentines day challenges this year are so  fun.  Everyone having the same plot, but different takes is Genius.  I love them all.  I really enjoy Madamocho and QBmaja stories, but they could write a grocery list and I would love it.  

Anyway, since I wrote unconventional for V day. I thought it was okay to post it.  Eye can roll now. I expect it!

Ah, I'm being whisked away on a romantic weekend tomorrow (wedding anniversary, 21 years, eeek) also, uncannily, since Christmas all my clothes have shrunk (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Will keep my eyes peeled for avocados.

• Like 6

Shameless plug... I am the worst. I am sorry, but i wrote this one specifically for Valentines this year. I should have saved it for this weekend, but you guys know I can wait to post.

I'm not saying my story is my favorite... or maybe I am... I really liked the idea of Sheldon trying to be Romantic and being a total noob. Anyway, without sounding like a totally tool, here is my story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10830939/1/The-Unconventional-Romance-Paradigm

Also, I have to say, the Valentines day challenges this year are so fun. Everyone having the same plot, but different takes is Genius. I love them all. I really enjoy Madamocho and QBmaja stories, but they could write a grocery list and I would love it.

Anyway, since I wrote unconventional for V day. I thought it was okay to post it. Eye can roll now. I expect it!

I am going to read this ~ starting tonight!

• Like 1

I am going to read this ~ starting tonight!

Valentines starts chapter 4, so you dont think I tricked you.  It's over Valentines weekend. Tell me what you think if you can.  

Thanks for the read!

And thanks to Kelli.  It was her idea on the Fan Fiction idea forum. So awesome. 

I need some suggestions.  I've read all the ones that you guys listed I think...

• Like 1

Ah, I'm being whisked away on a romantic weekend tomorrow (wedding anniversary, 21 years, eeek) also, uncannily, since Christmas all my clothes have shrunk (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Will keep my eyes peeled for avocados.

Happy anniversary, ATOB!

• Like 4