Hmmm Interesting.  I wonder what Sheldon's reaction would be?  It would be a great way to explore Penny's character traits out side of the show's confines.  Leonard would love it at first, I think, then get intimated.  Also, how sad when it goes away.  I am still crying over Flowers for Algernon. 

I always wondered what would happen if SHeldon got hit on the head and lost his intelligence?  I think he would for the nearest bridge. 

I always wondered what would happen if SHeldon got hit on the head and lost his intelligence?  I think he would for the nearest bridge. 

His intelligence has in a way always held him back in many other ways, so maybe he might embrace it...

• Like 1

Hmmm Interesting. I wonder what Sheldon's reaction would be? It would be a great way to explore Penny's character traits out side of the show's confines. Leonard would love it at first, I think, then get intimated. Also, how sad when it goes away. I am still crying over Flowers for Algernon.

I always wondered what would happen if SHeldon got hit on the head and lost his intelligence? I think he would for the nearest bridge.

Well, if he lost enough of his intelligence he either wouldn't care, or wouldn't be able to find a bridge. :)

• Like 1

His intelligence has in a way always held him back in many other ways, so maybe he might embrace it...

Intelligence is not just a character trait, it`s part of what you are. If he loses it, he just won`t be Sheldon anymore, and considering that he has defined his entire life around his intelligence and that his girlfriend and most members of his circle of friends are also highly intelligent individuals...

I mean, can you imagine Amy staying with "dumb Sheldon"? I can`t. It would never work. He wouldn`t be able to do his work, Leonard, Raj and Howard would pity him tremendously, etc...

Edited by LMD3014
  • Like 1

I think a scare for Sheldon could be interesting, like if he were to be in some kind of accident and have a minor head injury. He might get all paranoid about the possibility of head injuries, losing his intelligence, brain damage, etc.

But how exactly could Penny suddenly become intelligent by simply hitting her head? That's not realistic, which is why I said it sounds like a plot for a Gilligan's Island--just hit her over the head with a coconut and she'll gain 50 IQ points for a few days and she'll be able to spout physics stuff.

The show tries to stick to more realistic stuff when it comes to science. I can't imagine any scenario where such a thing would be realistic.

Smart Penny could be funny in a dream sequence. I remember a great episode of Cheers (back in the stone ages of the 80s) where Diane seduces a suddenly smart Sam in a dream. Sam has the great line, "Do you realize you just ended that proposition with a preposition?" 

Thanks Phanta. Now I can't get the idea of a TBBT Gilligan's Island dream sequence out of my head. There are 4 guys, 3 girls, after all. ;)

Skipper= Sheldon

Gillian, AKA Little Buddy = Leonard

Ginger= Penny

Mary Ann = Amy

Professor = Howard

Mr and Mrs Howell= Raj and Bernadette

Sheldon and Leonard are close, like the skipper and Gilligan. Penny should be obvious. The Professor was always building things, Howard's an engineer so.. Raj is Mr Howell because of his family's wealth. That left Amy and Bernadette. It just seemed to me that Amy, like Mary Ann is thought of as "not the pretty one", even though she is. And I just felt that small petite Bernadette fit the picture of Mrs Howell best. Early Bernadette, where she was played a bit ditzy.

• Like 3

Sheldon referred to him as "a dear friend" in Junior Professor so I guess they have moved past that.

Good point, I forgot about that one. Yeah, he was his friend after The Friendship Turbulence also.

Skipper= Sheldon

Gillian, AKA Little Buddy = Leonard

Ginger= Penny

Mary Ann = Amy

Professor = Howard

Mr and Mrs Howell= Raj and Bernadette

Sheldon and Leonard are close, like the skipper and Gilligan. Penny should be obvious. The Professor was always building things, Howard's an engineer so.. Raj is Mr Howell because of his family's wealth. That left Amy and Bernadette. It just seemed to me that Amy, like Mary Ann is thought of as "not the pretty one", even though she is. And I just felt that small petite Bernadette fit the picture of Mrs Howell best. Early Bernadette, where she was played a bit ditzy.

Love it! I had pretty much the same characters lined up, except Raj and Howard swapped. I like yours better.

• Like 1