The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lionne

Obit: Moyrani

OMG, Nooooooooooooooo. I'm devastated. How Lio, how? Please pass my condolences to any of her friends and family.

• Like 2

Guest StoicPhilosopher

Though I did not know her, God bless her soul. May she rest in eternal peace. 

I offer my sincere condolences to her family, and any children or spouse she may have left behind.

• Like 1

Tensor - I am devastated as well, and barely less surprised.

About 8 months ago or more, Moyra went missing from side chats we had online, and when she popped up again she let us know she was in the hospital. That something had rather suddenly and swiftly put her there, and over time it was clear she was having a lengthy stay in the hospital and was very ill. However, she did not tell us what specifically was wrong, nor what put her there; her sister's email to us did not reveal what, and according to the message on her sister's Facebook page, she even thanked some people for being there for her even though they did not know any of the details of what was going on.

When I talked to Moyra, she would be cagey about it, and joke or dismiss it, and I never asked directly because I figured if Moyra wanted me to know she would tell me. I felt my job was to basically just talk to her and cheer her up, and act normal. Chit chat about the show, bitch about things, make fun of things, crack jokes, and such, and continue on as we normally did.

The most I knew was that she had to give up drinking coffee, and I tried to comfort her over that a few times because she and I were both Starbucks addicts. But she was in the hospital for quite awhile, and then was released, and while she complained about her new super strict diet, she did not reveal what was happening, although I could tell from the suddenness of the event (I believed she suddenly collapsed) and the length of her stay it was something serious. I did not see her death coming, though, especially so soon....she gave us no warning. The last thing we were talking about were zombies and Nathan Fillion.

I'm going to miss her tremendously; I'm sure many of us will. It's still a shock, she was only 39.

• Like 8

I obviously had no idea.   While we were not really close, we would exchange email on a regular basis, we were always joking around and she was always so cheerful and upbeat.  As you say, this is just shocking to me.  While I know it happens, it still doesn't seem right that someone 20 years younger than me has died.  Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, not fair at all.   :icon_cry:

• Like 4

No, not fair at all. And she a friend to many, and a mother figure and role-model and voice of reason to many more. And as you said, always a source of great humor. I wish I knew more, but Moyra didn't tell us. And now I can only offer my condolences to her family and all of the people who knew her here. *hugs* Wish I could give more, at this moment.

• Like 3

This has left me incredibly shocked and deeply saddened. My condolences to Moyra's friends and family. While I did not know her personally, I know she was well respected in the TBBT community. She had gotten tickets for members here and provided inside spoilers for those who wanted them. Such a tragic thing to be taken so early in life.

• Like 5

These were definitely terrible news to wake up to. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it and it's not quite computing. While I was not close to Moyra as some others on here were, she was always so cheerful and upbeat every time I had a chance to speak to her in chats that to think we went from happily ranting about the show to this in the span of a few weeks is utterly shocking to me. The fandom has lost an incredibly valuable member, and my deepest condolences go to her family and friends.

• Like 6

OMG. I don't even know what to say right now. I didn't know her all that well but she was always so sweet and funny when I did have a chance to speak to her. Way too young. I am so sorry for those if you who were close to her.

• Like 3

I didn't know her personally but my thoughts and prayers go out to all. Such heartbreaking news and so young. I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Farewell dear friend. I will always remember holding one another during last years finale.

Shocked isn't even the way I can describe right now.

Devastated.

• Like 6

This is such sad news to hear. I didn't know her personally and have never spoken with her but it was due to her that I got to go to a taping with a great group of friends at the beginning of the season. Her generosity and kindness has not gone unnoticed. Just from reading all of the comments on the board occasionally I could tell that she was a very kind person. It's always so upsetting when someone goes so young. My condolences to those of you that knew her personally and her friends and family as well.

• Like 1

Such sad news. My condolences to her friends and family. Although I didn't know her, it was always clear from the many mentions of her on the forum just how generous she was and how big a part of the fandom she was. It was clear from people's appreciation for her just how much she gave to other fans.

• Like 4

This is incredibly sad, she was so young. I am grateful for the opportunities she gave to many of us, including myself, to attend tapings. Everything I knew about her suggested she was truly a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and to those of you who were close with her. 

• Like 2

I was very shocked and saddened when I heard the news this morning. I didn't know Moyra personally, but she helped me get taping tickets in the past, and I could tell from the little bit of email correspondence between us that she was a very sweet person. She will definitely be missed. I wish the very best for the friends and family she left behind.

• Like 3

I am heart sick.  This is so tragic to learn about. I had no idea she was even ill and so young too.   It is devastating.  Thank you for letting us know, but oh wow...I am so very sad to hear of her passing.   Praying for her family and loved ones.

• Like 2