The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 Dvd And Blu-Ray

I'll just run around the corner to Best Buy and pick up mine on Tuesday.   I didn't want to wait for it to ship.

I'll just run around the corner to Best Buy and pick up mine on Tuesday. I didn't want to wait for it to ship.

I'm working late all week, so won't be in when it's due to be delivered, meaning I'll have to collect it from the Sorting Office on Saturday.

Either that, or they'll leave it with a neighbor, which would actually be an improvement.

BTW. How do you know Best Buy will have any left?

ETA: Just received an email from Amazon, to say they're going top deliver today:cool: 

I trust you will all understand, if I suddenly stop posting, for a day or two? :) 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Amazon.com have lowered the price for the Season 8 DVD to $19.99. I think that's the lowest price I've seen so far for a new season. It seems to be a trend this season. I've noticed the new DVDs of most sitcoms are eventually releasing at lower prices than they previously would have.

[Disclaimer: That is the price at the moment I am posting. It is subject to change at any time. Amazon's price at the time of purchase will apply]

Just sitting here, unable to go anywhere, because I just know, they'll try to deliver while I'm out.

ETA: Just checked tracking, and the van left the Amazon Depot at 0949hrs UK time.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Just sitting here, unable to go anywhere, because I just know, they'll try to deliver while I'm out.

ETA: Just checked tracking, and the van left the Amazon Depot at 0949hrs UK time.

I stayed in and had a failed delivery attempt email despite nobody coming to the door :dwarf:

Edited by rachelshamyfan

True, and that's awesome. But I just find it amusing how even though they are in the same week, Australia is still last, as per usual haha

Well, Wednesday in Australia, is Tuesday in the U.S. :icon_wink: 

• Like 1

Oh yeah! Completely forgot. Well that's a pleasant surprise then! :)

Well, I was a bit facetious.  The DVD will be out for about 12 hours in the U.S. and Canada before its out down under. 

So, I'm one of those fans that buys both the DVD and Blu-ray versions individually anyway, but why did they do a Blu-ray/Digital-only copy for season 8? Warner Bros. has kind of been inconsistent with this... Seasons 3 & 4 were released as standalone sets, while 5-7 were combo packs. Seasons 1 & 2 were combo packs, but now are sold as blu-ray-only releases. It's just odd. Furthermore, I'm hoping that, when the inevitable "complete series" set comes out years from now, it will include deleted/alternate scenes (and the un-aired pilot). After reading the taping reports, I would love to see some of this other footage! :)

Edited by Kev0821

Furthermore, I'm hoping that, when the inevitable "complete series" set comes out years from now, it will include deleted/alternate scenes (and the un-aired pilot).

Not forgetting the Flash Mobs.

• Like 1

Not forgetting the Flash Mobs.

I would love for the flash mobs to be included, but I think they're problematic due to high music licensing costs. That's not to say that Warner Bros. couldn't shell out the big bucks for the songs to be used on one of their best selling series, but it's very doubtful. In actuality, I wouldn't want them to replace the songs either, because I'm sure a lot of the choreography was based off the songs to begin with, not to mention that I'm a stickler for the original versions.