The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

816 The Intimacy Acceleration (February 26)

Your Episode Rating  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

'The Intimacy Acceleration' - Season 8, Episode 16 

Airs Thursday, February 26 at 8/7c on CBS.

As a joke, Sheldon and Penny try an experiment designed to make participants fall in love. Also, Leonard, Amy, Raj and Emily spend the evening trying to escape a room with a "zombie." And, after returning from Mrs. Wolowitz' funeral, Bernadette and Howard run into trouble at the airport.

• Like 2

I'm actually looking forward to today's episode just to see the promo for the next episode.

Fingers crossed...please show the promo for 8.17 tonight...please show the promo!

• Like 1

Just watched thru streamming, episode was okay... not the best but also not the worst... bible juice crack me eheheh.. ... they did show the promo for next episode on the final...... sounds amazing

Ps 1St post, newbie and very 
exited to find such a great forum ;)
  • Like 2

Howard and Bernie were the saving grace. I didn't expect to hate this episode this much.

Shenny, even as friends, makes me want to puke.

• Like 7

Just watched thru streamming, episode was okay... not the best but also not the worst... bible juice crack me eheheh.. ... they did show the promo for next episode on the final...... sounds amazing

Ps 1St post, newbie and very 
exited to find such a great forum ;)

Welcome! :shy:

I thought the episode was good. I actually thought the Zombie was funny. Bernadette and Howard were amazing, Simon once again did an absolutely phenomenal job acting. I love how Bernie has her man's back. The fact that Sheldon thought of Penny as a mother really was weird...oh well.

Thought the best part was when Leonard asked Penny "you in love?".  Otherwise so so episode for me.

Although I must say that I got a real feeling of admiration coming through not between Penny and Sheldon but Kaley and JIm while they were staring.  I didn't feel they were at all "in character".  And I don't mean like they are "in love" in real life.  But that they have a truly blessed friendship.

Emily does seem like she's fitting in nicely. 

I thought the plot with Sheldon and Penny was a waste of time, the other two plots were funny.  Simon was great and I thought Howard's feelings for his mother were respectful, but the Shenny plot was overwhelming so it made this episode one I don't really care to watch again.

• Like 6

I thought this was a good episode I like Bernie when she said either way we are walking out of this airport with a dead women. The Sheldon Penny storyline didn't bother me like it did some fans it just prove to me what I already knew they have a brother  sister relationship The zombie story with the rest was ok not my favorite part of the episode but overall it was good

I had/Am having a little problem with Shenny plots - every time they try to put these two not very much affective/emotional characters in scene and let them talk about feelings and be all sentimental I can't help but feel like "what is this dimension I just walk into?" So those part were a little ooc for me, but Jim and Kaley really tried and it had it's moments. Thankfully they played it out miles away from some sort of romantic innuendo.

Zombie plot was funny, I could actually see it played out more, could be hilarious ensemble plot in Scavenger hunt fashion. 

Howardette plot was great, that was the one I really enjoyed. I felt really sad for Howard with his mother's urn, but Bernadette's "It will end up in my bedroom." cracked me up. And of course "Either way, I will walk out from here with a  dead woman ! "

Overall episode had some great jokes like "in love yet?" but still, I suppose it  will not be on a loop on my laptop. I think it was good, but could be better IMO. 

Didn't need the activia like apparently some needed for the Shenny scenes. I actuallythought it was cute how Penny couldn't remember life before meeting Leonard and Sheldon. I will say the Penny feeling dumb and Sheldon not understanding sarcasm and being his own best friend has been done before but it's not the first thing on the show repeated. the gazing into each other's eyes was much ado about nothing. I like the Howdette storyline but Howard hugging the urn was the creepiest thing in the episode. the Zombie storyline was okay. I got a few laughs out of it. It seems to me and maybe others hsve noticed is they are keeping Penny and Emily away from each other.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

I liked it. (I didn't love it, but I liked it.) As others have already said, the Howard/Bernadette scenes were the best, the Leonard/Amy/Raj/Emily subplot was okay filler, and the Sheldon/Penny scenes were actually kinda sweet. Certainly nothing there that would (or should) cause people to spaz out, especially since Leonard and Penny didn't even once take this very seriously. They're very comfortable with each other, and in a good place. What's actually kinda sad is that the producers felt the need to pull out the sledgehammer and hammer home to some peoples' minds that, no, Sheldon and Penny will never become romantically attached, but I guess if some people haven't "gotten it" by now, they never will. At least it's now out there, on the record, in the canon, period, done, full stop.

• Like 3

Howard and Bernie were the saving grace. I didn't expect to hate this episode this much.

Shenny, even as friends, makes me want to puke.

Thank you!! now I know that I'm not the only one... sorry but I didn't like the episode at all... The best part.. definitely the promo.

• Like 4

This episode accomplished, for the producers anyway, what they have said for years: Sheldon and Penny have a sibling relationship. Or even more creepily, mother/son. Why they found the need to drive this point home after 8 years is debatable. Maybe part of the reason could be found in Chuck Lorre's vanity card at the end (#492).

"A sitcom is an extended conversation between writers, actors, directors and the audience. In success, the conversation goes on for years. Pre-internet, the viewers responded simply by watching or not watching. Now their opinions are loud, immediate and fully articulated. And it's great. And it's scary. But it's a real conversation between real people with real feelings. So we all need to choose our words carefully."

Chuck and Co. wanted to give some illumination to a certain segment of the Internet fandom about how the creator's interpret and give direction to the actions of the show's characters.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 8

Pre-internet, the viewers responded simply by watching or not watching. Now their opinions are loud, immediate and fully articulated.

Man I agree with Chuck on those first two.  But "fully articulated"?  There are times where the bottom feeders of the internet will say something but can't get across what they hate about it.  OR they might not have a clue about why they actually hate something.

• Like 1

Man I agree with Chuck on those first two.  But "fully articulated"?  There are times where the bottom feeders of the internet will say something but can't get across what they hate about it.  OR they might not have a clue about why they actually hate something.

He was bending over backwards trying not to offend by putting in that phase. I would like to believe he was laughing when he wrote it. :shy:

• Like 2

If I get anything out of this episode then its how happy and perfect shamy are right now

The shenny experimental stuff was just uncomfortable and cringey

Howard and Bernadette worrying about the missing ashes was amusing

Guest StoicPhilosopher

Not as bad as I expected. I actually enjoyed it.