Two And A Half Men Series Finale Discussion

Well tonight is the night! Two and a Half Men will finally end it very long run and come to a close. 

Someone said that Charlie does to make an appearance however another user said that they tape some scenes without a live Audience.  If some scenes were not shot with an Audience hopefully that good news. It would be great to see Charlie make a cameo., We will have to  wait and see. 

Even  so the last few years been pretty bad you can't understate the very earliest years of it run. The First Five Seasons were the funniest. I remember The Pilot Episode, I was only 12. Bush was med way through in his first Term. Friends, ER  and Raymond were still on the Air. Katie Couric were still on TODAY Show which I watch every morning while getting ready for School. Dan rather, Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw were the big three. Jay Leno was still doing Tonight show with Conan on Late Night. Reality TV was slowly starting to catch on.Oprah and Regis ruled Daytime Television.  A lot has changed in 12 Years obviously. 

12 Years is incredible run for any sitcom. Two and Half Men will now be only the Third Sitcoms to have 12 seasons. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

That is quite a statistic- TAAHM will only be the third sitcom to reach the 12 season milestone. What are the other two, MTBigBangTheoryFan?

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet at 14 Seasons. My Three Sons ran 12 seasons. 

Want to watch this live online but can't find a link? And what time is it?

I think there is a website where you can but I don't know the name. 

It will air at 9/8c

Starting in a few mins see if Charlie returns.

Charlie returns lol! Well sort of. It has been revealed Rose has kept Charlie in captive this whole time. They showed his bolwing shirt. I am thinking they well suggest he is a live, but most likely Charlie wont physically make an apperence.

Edit: Looks like Charlie well return, he's coming Waldan and he is going to kill him lol.

Edited by 3ku11

Show ended with Charlie retuning to open the door (not actually Sheen, CGI). Piano lands on him he dies anyway. Chuck Lorre then on set goes Winning, piano lands on him he dies. Show ends. EP overall was funny, but to make it clear Charlie is alive, then to just kill him in that fashon is cruel. Horrible Horrible ending. Alan still mooching off Waldan, Berta decides to stay. What happened to him moving in with Lyndsey? Anyway. Show jumped shark years ago. TBH the way Chuck made light of how the show has jumped the shark with puns. Makes me worried about Big Bang. Lets hope he doesent ruin Big Bang, the last great sitcom today. Apparently Charlie was offered to return, he would walk in the door give a rant about Drug Abuse and how its bad. Say he is not an average human being. Then a piano would drop on him. He diddn;t like it. Their is a rumur going round, Charlie wants a new sitcom spinoff with Jon. Called the Harpers, kinda like Taahm 2.0.

Edited by 3ku11

It was bad. I actually laughed out loud a few times, the way they broke down the fourth wall, acknowledged how bad it has been the past Four seasons haha. The ending though with the piano. Was almost saying Oh Im winning killing off Sheen, but then put one on him self. Says Okay I was wrong, when I killed Sheen I killed Taahm. It just felt very sadistic, taking shots at Charlie. He wasen't just a druggie or promiscuous. He was a great brother at times, a great uncle, and a great son. Ah well its done. Apparently though Lorre in his vanity card said he offered Sheen to return, but didn't like the outcome. He's interested though in a spinoff with Jon, called The Harpers so watch this space.

God they should've just changed the name of 2.5 men to "Chuck's Sour Grapes" for this finale, that was almost every single mean thing you could say or do to both Charlie and his character, WITHOUT risking a lawsuit.  Makes me wonder how Angus T. Jones character not only got away UNSCATHED but got to have a respectful cameo after all he said?

Not that I cared about this show, the only allure watching this tonight was the train wreck value.  It delivered on THAT, that's not a compliment btw.

Hope Chuck stays distracted with his other two shows, because I'd rather his bad habits not return to BBT.

Edited by meka3000

He's interested though in a spinoff with Jon, called The Harpers so watch this space.

Ain't gonna happen.  Chuck and Warner Brothers own those characters.   I really don't think they're going to all Sheen to use them.  

Makes me wonder how Angus T. Jones character not only got away UNSCATHED but got to have a respectful cameo after all he said?

My guess would be that he didn't say anything that others hadn't already said about the show.  Along with the fact that he didn't get personal with Chuck, Warner Brothers, or CBS.  

I came on here to post about this and was surprised to see a whole thread dedicated to it.  I watched that last night and oh my goodness, can TV get any worse than this?  That was so awful that it totally disrespects everything that was ever good about that show.  I'm almost tempted to stop watching big bang because I detest Chuck Lorre so much now for such a stupid ending to that show.

• Like 1

I came on here to post about this and was surprised to see a whole thread dedicated to it. I watched that last night and oh my goodness, can TV get any worse than this? That was so awful that it totally disrespects everything that was ever good about that show. I'm almost tempted to stop watching big bang because I detest Chuck Lorre so much now for such a stupid ending to that show.

I agree. If it wasn't for the fact that I like Big Bang Theory I would never watch any of Chuck Lorre Shows again.

I have decided that I will only watch Season 1-8 of Two and Half Men. I will still watch Big Bang Theory of course.

But I will not watch Mom or Mike & Molly anymore. Aside from season 1-8 of TAAHM and TBBT I now refuse to watch anything that has to do with Chuck Lorre.

Thankfully Chuck has nothing to do with TBBT anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

I will say that Kutcher's character got the biggest laugh from me when he told Jake (Angus T. Jones), "Amazing you made so much money with such stupid jokes." :p

Edited by meka3000

I agree. If it wasn't for the fact that I like Big Bang Theory I would never watch any of Chuck Lorre Shows again.

I have decided that I will only watch Season 1-8 of Two and Half Men. I will still watch Big Bang Theory of course.

But I will not watch Mom or Mike & Molly anymore. Aside from season 1-8 of TAAHM and TBBT I now refuse to watch anything that has to do with Chuck Lorre.

Thankfully Chuck has nothing to do with TBBT anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried watching 'Mike and Molly" for the first time last week and it is complete and utter dross, not funny at all with lazy writing and poor actors. It looks like something from the 1970s.

As for Mom, after seeing the promos I won't even bother. I think we can definitively say that Chuck Lorre has lost his sitcom Midas touch.

Mike and molly is okay. But Mom is a really good show.

However, I must agree that I hope that Bill and Steve maintain the creative control of Big Bang and Chuck just shows up on taping nights. That finale was just gross and an hour of my life I will never get back and I hope that doesn't happen to Big Bang.

Molaro is the one running the show, and while either Bill or Chuck could theoretically override him, I can't see them doing that publicly, maybe in a meeting between the three of them. Bill and Chuck each have two writing credits this year so far. Chuck and Bill have about the same input to the show, Chuck a bit more as it comes from his production company.

Molaro is the one running the show, and while either Bill or Chuck could theoretically override him, I can't see them doing that publicly, maybe in a meeting between the three of them. Bill and Chuck each have two writing credits this year so far. Chuck and Bill have about the same input to the show, Chuck a bit more as it comes from his production company.

Does Bill have other commitments outside TBBT though? Chuck has obviously got his other sitcoms which limits the amount of time he can spend working on TBBT, but does Bill have any other projects?

• Like 1

Does Bill have other commitments outside TBBT though? Chuck has obviously got his other sitcoms which limits the amount of time he can spend working on TBBT, but does Bill have any other projects?

According to imdb, Bill worked on a Penn Julliette (of Penn and Teller) movie which is currently in post production.

I just watched the Taahm finale. To borrow from another much beloved WB show, "Everything else in the production of Two and a half Men was simply terrible. The series finale was abysmal."

I can honestly say that this finale was a complete waste of my time. I hated the show since Ashton came on but this show in particular the jokes were so crude. I am glad that 2 and a half men is over.

• Like 1

Two and a half men Final had 13 million. TBBT the same week had 17 mill. Bit of a difference their. I think the TBBT final well have huge ratings. Still has the most watched non special back in S6 for bakers, hitting 20 mill. Unfortunately no matter how great a show is, a bad ending can ruin the whole show. Because that's all people well remember it for. Unfortunately in Taahm case, regardless if you loved it or hated it. The ending seeing it was terrible (the final scene with the pianos) well forever define the shows legacy. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two and a half men Final had 13 million. TBBT the same week had 17 mill. Bit of a difference their. I think the TBBT final well have huge ratings. Still has the most watched non special back in S6 for bakers, hitting 20 mill. Unfortunately no matter how great a show is, a bad ending can ruin the whole show. Because that's all people well remember it for. Unfortunately in Taahm case, regardless if you loved it or hated it. The ending seeing it was terrible (the final scene with the pianos) well forever define the shows legacy.

Hopefully Chuck Lorre had learned his lesson and won't make the same mistake with the TBBT finale.

By the way, perfect ending would be:

-Lenny and Shamy get married (not necessarily a double wedding, but happening in the same episode)

-Bernadette, having been pregnant throughout the last season, ends up giving birth to her baby on one of those weddings, reaulting in Sheldon or Leonard fainting.

-Raj's girlfriend/fiancee (probably Emily) agrees to travel with him to India to visit his parents. (His father already met her but still...)

-Stuart meets a nice girl at the party afterwards and they hit it off, he finds a courage to ask her out and she agrees, hinting at the possibility of happy ending for him, or he brings her girlfriend to the wedding (if they find him a girlfriend earlier in the series-Lucy, please) and at the end proposes to her, and she says "Yes".