The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stardustmelody

Comic-Con 2015

Given the Kunal and Jim are both doing plays during Comic Con, Johnny is shooting a film, Simon is shooting a film I would not expect any of the male cast at Comic Con this year.  Doubt the girls will be their either, but they at least seem to be more available.   Just want to set expectations that if there is a panel, it will likely be like last year with the writers/producers.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking, too, but no matter who ... Michy and I will be the ones to ask the most imminent questions xD

• Like 2

Isn't this true about all shows that make it big and make the actors big stars, there comes a time when the actors can't be bothered by the fans that made them anymore, and they do less and less of the events that they interact with the fans. If the girls showed up at ComicCon, with the writers for just one afternoon, the fans would go nuts.

• Like 1

Isn't this true about all shows that make it big and make the actors big stars, there comes a time when the actors can't be bothered by the fans that made them anymore, and they do less and less of the events that they interact with the fans. If the girls showed up at ComicCon, with the writers for just one afternoon, the fans would go nuts.

I don't think the fact that the boys had taken on projects in the summer that prevent them from being there is a snub at fans.  Kunal and Jim are still allowing many fans to see them this summer in their projects and are graciously greeting fans after each performance.   Johnny and Simon may not be there to personally meet fans because of the nature of their projects, but they are still giving fans more opportunity to see them.  I think it is unfair to say that they "cant' be bothered by fans".   I think they are doing the opposite...trying to give more of themselves to fans.

• Like 6

I think that part of the intention of events like ComicCon is the promotion of new shows or new movie projects, to get these things off the ground, and really, the "bigger" a show is, the harder it is for the fans anyway--the tickets sell out in an instant, getting into a ballroom for a panel is hard, having a chance to ask a question may be minimal, and for TBBT, it seems the fans were ALWAYS asking the same questions, as if they'd never seen the actors in interviews or had barely watched the show or whatever.

I would rather have the actors at the panel because there's often some fun insight to how they did a scene or what went on behind the scenes for some episode, but you only get to hear about those things if the fans or the moderator asks the right questions.

At this point, I would just as soon see any or all of the actors branching out and doing other projects.  The more movies any of them do, for instance, the more opportunities the fans have to see them in other roles and the more the actors are able to stretch their wings as actors and do something besides their TBBT characters.  I think that benefits everyone in the long run.

I don't think they want to snub their fans, but they don't really owe anyone anything.

• Like 1

I do think they'll still do a panel, but just the writers again which I am totally on board with.  CBS will have some of their shows, for sure Supergirl will be there, and I would expect Scorpion as well. 

and honestly, I don't mind just the writers.  They are the unsung heroes will you of the show.  And all the cast has graciously extended their success is due to the strength of great writing. 

And for "whats going to happen next season" who better to ask than the source aka writers

I personally enjoy those Golden Derby interviews for the cast one on ones.

I do miss the cast as a whole doing conversations not in character together.  I really hope the DVD has some of those moments like they did in season 4 & season 6 with the couples.  I enjoyed those a lot. 

Edited by kerrycec03

it's a little unfair to blame the actors if they don't show up for CC this year. In this case, the cast of BBT is always very gracious to fans. If they don't go to the panel, must be because they have individual projects (i think Simon, Melissa and Johnny do have their things this summer, and then there's Jim and Kunal. I think Mayim is involved in those presentations she does in universities and stuff). And also, and this is my personal opinion... it's better in a way if the cast isn't there. Don't get me wrong, i like the interaction between them but if they're going to be asked the same questions they got every time they were there... i rather hear the writers this time.

• Like 2

Also, isn't it up to CBS or WB or whoever to decide who they want to send?  Apart from actor unavailability, there are also financial issues for the studio, as I recall.

TPTB may want to spend their promotional time/money/efforts on shows that need the exposure more than well-devolped shows.

I think the best chance we have of seeing the cast at comic con again is if they pull a "How I Met Your Mother" and appear the summer before their final season. But, who knows?

The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to Comic Con 2015

From Variety:  http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/comic-con-warner-bros-tv-brings-supergirl-pilot-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-to-san-diego-1201516506/

FRIDAY, JULY 10

The Big Bang Theory (Season 9 Premieres September 21, Mondays 8/7c on CBS): The Big Bang Theory writers are returning to San Diego, to once again solve the comedy equation and take you behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy!

• Like 4

I'm kinda expecting at least one of the girls and/or possibly Simon to make a surprise appearance. Doesn't seem like they have anything going on this summer.

Simon has two films he is cast in and filming this summer so he won't likely be there.  He is filming both in Europe and in New York.   All of the girls have been in and out of the area, each with different things going on...Kaley has a several social things and has been following Ryan on his tour; Mayim has had several speaking engagements and more coming so has been traveling about and has a trip to Israel planned this summer as well; Melissa has been in New York and in LA both, and is still promoting The Bronze, as well as right now has been busy with her own Emmy campaign.   

While some cast may surprise and show, they may not as well.   I think it is safest right now to assume no cast and that it is purely a producer/writer panel and just be content with that.

• Like 1