The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tbbtfanamanda

For You Classic Literature Fans! Sheldon Written In 1800's?

Hey, so this is random, I'm taking a course at my university on Classic Literature (can't stand it but it's required ((HOW is classic fiction going to help me with psychology OR physics?)) Anyway, I recently was required to read a book called Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. He's a Russian author more well known for books such as Crime and Punishment and The Brothers Karamazov. This book is like peeking into a very old fashioned Sheldon's diary. It's eerie, actually, how similar the unnamed narrator is to our modern day Sheldon Cooper. Incredibly intelligent, arrogant, socially inept and awkward, etc. etc. Some of the quotes even sound like something the writers would have Sheldon say, to a degree. For example, "... that there was no one like me and I was unlike anyone else. "I am alone and they are everyone," I thought-- and pondered." This reminded me quite a bit of the recent episode in the clothing store, when Sheldon finally does his version of breaking down and admitting he is human, with feelings, and notices when his friends are mean to him. This is just a small excerpt, I essentially went through the entire book with my mind reading in Sheldon's voice (complete with snarky comments and the occasional Bazinga! thrown in.) Has anyone read this book? Am I crazy? Or do you agree? Do you know of any other books that this happened to you with?