From Ausiello: Lorre said "No romance for Sheldon and Penny"

Holding out hope for a Sheldon-Penny romance on The Big Bang Theory? It might be time to throw in the towel. Speaking to reporters at press tour this morning, exec producer Chuck Lorre pretty much shot down any chance there was of the polar opposites hooking up.

“Part of what’s wonderful and unique about [sheldon] is he has chosen not to play in the relationship game either way  heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, any sexuality,†Lorre said. “He has said, ‘This is not for me. I’m a scientist. All I’m interested in is science and what George Lucas thinks.’ We’ve stumbled into creating a character who has chosen a lifestyle for himself that is unique. And I don’t see any reason to modify it.â€Â

Added fellow e.p. Bill Prady: “[sheldon] has made [a] choice that work and all of that is where he finds his passion.â€Â

Lorre acknowledged that Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco have “become a natural comic pairing because [Penny] can tell him the truth. She’s not intimidated by him. They bounce off each other beautifully.â€Â

Lorre also admitted that the Penny character was “underserved†in the Big Bang pilot, a problem he quickly set out to rectify. “It was [a priority] to develop that character and find more depth.â€Â

Mission accomplished, right? And thoughts about Lorre and Prady’s stance on Sheldon’s romantic life?

what do you think?

Well, I like Sheldon and Penny better as friends and I really couldn´t imagine them as a couple anyway.;)

I think, if they´ll ever decide, to get Sheldon into any kind of relationship, it´ll be with someone who´s a lot different to Penny. Either someone who worships him in every way or someone who´s like his mom or mee-maw.;)

It´s true, that in the pilot, Penny looked more like a dumb blonde, but they´ve definitely developed that in the future episodes.

Yes! All hail Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady!!

Amen!!!! or All Hail!!! or Hell yeah!!

Thanks for the post and the news, however I believe that for those who are shippers of the subject will not cease to dream or talk about it that is not gonna stop them lol :), but everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

The good thing is that we are a day away for the new episode and even when I'm like the next garfield, (I hate mondays) I look forward to them when it comes about for the BBT.

I'm rather tired of the entire relationship discussion surrounding the show.

Let the shippers enjoy their ship, I'm happy if the writers won't go for it (I really don't see any romantic chemistry there), but why are most of the discussions surrounding the show about the relationships???

I find the way the relationships are portrayed rather one-dimensional ("geek does everything to satisfy the girlfriend why he has actually nothing in common with her")... and I think the show is about a lot more than romance...

bring back the science and the nerd stuff, please!

well I agree with you, I just put this because I thought that was an article about our favorite series, anything else

Oh, no worries, I didn't mean to say anything against posting the article! These forums are for sharing such news.

My comment was just more general ... I don't want the ship to happen, the shippers want it and I just want to enjoy the show and not convince either side that they are right. It's like Leonard's and Penny's view on psychics - neither side will change their point of view. Let's have faith in the writers :)