The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

817 The Colonization Application (March 5)

Your Episode Rating  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Funny Funny ... Lenny ... was great ... Raj and Emily .. dark and funny ... too much Shamy ....  Howard and Bernie ... funny taxes ... lost Emily funny ....

really enjoyed it ... watching again PVR ... woooooohooooo

Need more Lenny less Shamy ....

• Like 5

Funny Funny ... Lenny ... was great ... Raj and Emily .. dark and funny ... too much Shamy .... Howard and Bernie ... funny taxes ... lost Emily funny ....

really enjoyed it ... watching again PVR ... woooooohooooo

Need more Lenny less Shamy ....

we just need them to double the time per episode.
  • Like 1

No poll?

As much as I enjoyed seeing Lenny being intimate ON SCREEN with each other again, this episode felt kind of clunky.  They tried giving the A, B, & C plots near equal screen time, but it honestly didn't feel like any of the plot lines were given the required time to resonate with us.  They tried to rapid fire the screen time all the plot lines were given.  Also Sheldon continues to show that he & Amy didn't learn much when he came back at the beginning of the season.  This reaction REALLY should've been what we saw from her at the beginning of the season.

Edited by meka3000

No poll?

As much as I enjoyed seeing Lenny being intimate ON SCREEN with each other again, this episode felt kind of clunky.  They tried giving the A, B, & C plots near equal screen time, but it honestly didn't feel like any of the plot lines were given the required time to resonate with us.  They tried to rapid fire the screen time all the plot lines were given.  Also Sheldon continues to show that he & Amy didn't learn much when he came back at the beginning of the season.  This reaction REALLY should've been what we saw from her at the beginning of the season.

i'm sure someone timed the couples screen time together but my guess is Shamy's was more than the other two. I felt the rapid fire more with Lenny and Raj/Emily.

Lenny was funny, Emily and Raj funny, Bernadette and Howard were funny, but the only thing I found funny about Amy and Sheldon was the part about the turtle, the rest was just sad. Sheldon's treatment of Amy seemed to regress, his video was stupid and I found their plot together way too long. I would have preferred more of Emily and Raj or Leonard and Penny, because their plots were funny but rushed.

• Like 4

I thought it was an good episode loved Raj/Emily scenes and Howardette were perfect  and I even liked the lenny scenes I thought they were cute...... too much shamy for me in this episode but overall an good episode.

but the only thing I found funny about Amy and Sheldon was the part about the turtle, the rest was just sad. Sheldon's treatment of Amy seemed to regress

What's sadder is that Sheldon didn't take a hint when ALL OF HIS FRIENDS told him Amy would be upset with him.

• Like 2

What's sadder is that Sheldon didn't take a hint when ALL OF HIS FRIENDS told him Amy would be upset with him.

Whats even worse is that they knew about it before Amy.
  • Like 2

Lol, y'all are hilarious. Most of you just whine about Shamy constantly, it's quite amusing.

I loved the episode.

i guess you like seeing women as doormats. Edited by Chrismo

i guess you like seeing women as doormats.

Yes, because expressing the way she feels to her boyfriend makes her a doormat. You're really grasping.

You all got the Lenny intimacy you wanted and you still won't shut the hell up.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 9

Yes, because expressing the way she feels to her boyfriend makes her a doormat. You're really grasping.

You all got the Lenny intimacy you wanted and you still won't shut the hell up.

-And then she forgives him because NOW he saw the error of his ways as opposed to before.  Like THAT is never going to happen with Sheldon again?

-I fail to see what one (Lenny) has to do with the other (Sheldon being a social moron with Amy AGAIN).

• Like 1

-And then she forgives him because NOW he saw the error of his ways as opposed to before.  Like THAT is never going to happen with Sheldon again?

-I fail to see what one (Lenny) has to do with the other (Sheldon being a social moron with Amy AGAIN).

You must be fun at parties. Sheldon is a - to use your ever so eloquent quote "social moron" - with everyone.

You can try to poke at Shamy's relationship all you want if that is what floats your boat. Pretty sure all the Shamy shippers are going to bed happy.

• Like 8

Liked the Lenny and Raj/Emily storyline. the Shamy storyline took up way too much of the episode. Sheldon should of done the Mars video with Amy to begin with. Brought back the needy Amy storyline again. overall I would give the episode a good.

I don't think she was needy.  When you hear your boyfriend applied to be taken to another planet without you, one would be concerned.  I think she could have been hysterical, but she kept calm and it got Sheldon to understand.  I like the Amy that stands her ground.

• Like 4

I dont know. Sheldon is taking longer than a turtle to realize he cant keep acting only for himself.

• Like 2

You must be fun at parties. Sheldon is a - to use your ever so eloquent quote "social moron" - with everyone.

You can try to poke at Shamy's relationship all you want if that is what floats your boat. Pretty sure all the Shamy shippers are going to bed happy.

I don't remember him making a "life changing decision" like going to Mars without telling anyone before.

Also saying so and so is an abusive jerk to EVERYONE not just his significant other, doesn't suddenly make those problems with the significant other disappear or not put the jerk in a good light.  Maybe I would be a LITTLE more forgiving of Sheldon IF all of his friends HADN'T told him that Amy would be upset with her.  That makes it sound like his friends are more in tune with Amy's feelings than he is.

I'm willing to make some allowances with Shamy. After all this relationship is anything BUT normal (they use a relationship agreement for crying out loud), and on some level Amy KNOWS what she's getting into with Sheldon here.  But if he keeps repeatedly making the mistake of not considering HER FEELINGS in major moments like THIS and the season 7 finale, why does Amy suddenly think things will turn around?  This decision wasn't him making a hardy financial decision like buying a car without talking to her about it. THIS was him considering leaving the planet forever WITHOUT HER!

Can you HONESTLY guarantee this kind of thing with Sheldon won't happen again?  I've been given little to no reason to believe so.

I'm not saying the Shamy relationship is broken beyond repair or anything, but seeing Sheldon make these same mistakes WITH HER time after time.  It just feels like Sheldon is allergic to the learning curve when it comes to considering her feelings.  It makes it hard to get behind the decisions Amy makes of tolerating has actions.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 3

I don't think she was needy.  When you hear your boyfriend applied to be taken to another planet without you, one would be concerned.  I think she could have been hysterical, but she kept calm and it got Sheldon to understand.  I like the Amy that stands her ground.

i agree Amy should be concerned but should have been hysterical. Apparently the others had already told him she would be mad so it should have been no surprise. But he continued on. Sheldon mentioned having a long distance relationship and showed the video. I don't think sending the video and application came on a whim and he told everyone else but Amy. There's a certain point IMO that the excuse is he's Sheldon and he doesn't understand has reached it's limit. On top of it he didn't apologize for what he did. IMO Amy should have just stormed off and let him figure out what he had done wrong.
  • Like 3

Well I guess I look at what progress has been already made.  I know everyone expects Sheldon to think and be aware of things like most people, but he isn't at all like most people.   

In early seasons, when Amy decided to leave the apartment, he would have shrugged and gone back to looking at his computer and been happy, but in this episode he wasn't happy and went after her.  He immediately went after her knowing that she was upset.  He wouldn't have even known she was upset in early seasons.  So I see that as a significant amount of progress.   He at least now knows how to recognize she is upset.   So that is a big step.   Sure he still is work in progress. We wouldn't have a show if he was already completely normal, would we?   Sure he can't read things or understand BEFORE he has done something.  That is the work in progress part.  But the fact that he can understand after he has done something upsetting is a HUGE step for him.   He made mistakes over and over before there as well.  

Sheldon is never going to be good with emotions because his mind isn't wired for that, and he is very self-absorbed.   But he is making progress in realizing he does not want life without Amy and when she is upset it bothers him a lot.   That is a HUGE, HUGE thing and a lot of progress.  So I say let's at least credit him for where he has grown and improved...and enjoy the journey watching him grow more.

Most of all, Amy is happy and doesn't have an issue so why are fans upset?

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 7

I actually understand the complaints and criticism about how thoughtless Sheldon can be toward Amy. What I don't get is the double standard comparing the way Amy is treated to the way Leonard is treated. Take the episode tonight, for example. The whole running joke in the Lenny story is "Leonard is bad at sports. Leonard is bad in bed. Heck Leonard is just bad at everything! Isn't it cute that SUCH a pathetic guy can get a girl like THAT?"

Meanwhile, I know of relatively few women IRL who would kick Johnny out of bed. It just makes me feel sad for Leonard and makes me enjoy that relationship much less.

Edited by MsTeller

i agree Amy should be concerned but should have been hysterical. Apparently the others had already told him she would be mad so it should have been no surprise. But he continued on. Sheldon mentioned having a long distance relationship and showed the video. I don't think sending the video and application came on a whim and he told everyone else but Amy. There's a certain point IMO that the excuse is he's Sheldon and he doesn't understand has reached it's limit. On top of it he didn't apologize for what he did. IMO Amy should have just stormed off and let him figure out what he had done wrong.

I don't understand why Amy was so upset.  I mean if she accepts Sheldon for who he is then she should realize that he would do something like apply for Mars and not think to go over it with her.  He doesn't see that his life includes her now so what he does affects her.  Just like he doesn't really think that just because Lenny is engaged means that he won't be with them also.

On a different note, I did enjoy the Lenny, the Ray and Emily and Howardette portions of the show.  And loved the tribute to Nimoy.  It was perfect...

I don't remember him making a "life changing decision" like going to Mars without telling anyone before.

Also saying so and so is an abusive jerk to EVERYONE not just his significant other, doesn't suddenly make those problems with the significant other disappear or not put the jerk in a good light.  Maybe I would be a LITTLE more forgiving of Sheldon IF all of his friends HADN'T told him that Amy would be upset with her.  That makes it sound like his friends are more in tune with Amy's feelings than he is.

I'm willing to make some allowances with Shamy. After all this relationship is anything BUT normal (they use a relationship agreement for crying out loud), and on some level Amy KNOWS what she's getting into with Sheldon here.  But if he keeps repeatedly making the mistake of not considering HER FEELINGS in major moments like THIS and the season 7 finale, why does Amy suddenly think things will turn around?  This decision wasn't him making a hardy financial decision like buying a car without talking to her about it. THIS was him considering leaving the planet forever WITHOUT HER!

Can you HONESTLY guarantee this kind of thing with Sheldon won't happen again?  I've been given little to no reason to believe so.

I'm not saying the Shamy relationship is broken beyond repair or anything, but seeing Sheldon make these same mistakes WITH HER time after time.  It just feels like Sheldon is allergic to the learning curve when it comes to considering her feelings.  It makes it hard to get behind the decisions Amy makes of tolerating has actions.

You seem very invested in their relationship for disliking it so much. I am very happy with the episode and nothing you said has changed my feelings about it. So you're basically arguing with yourself, but carry on...

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 2