The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

818 The Leftover Thermalization (March 12)

Your Episode Rating  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

'The Leftover Thermalization' - Season 8, Episode 18 

Airs Thursday, March 12 at 8/7c on CBS.

Friction ensues when a magazine fails to mention Leonard in an article about the paper he co-wrote with Sheldon. Also, a blackout at Mrs. Wolowitz's home leads to a final family dinner in her honor.

• Like 4

tumblr_nkrpw3g31T1tsmx1vo3_500.jpg

This might be my favorite non Shamy promo pic ever. Leonard's face is just so awesome. :)

• Like 4

tumblr_nkrpw3g31T1tsmx1vo3_500.jpg

This might be my favorite non Shamy promo pic ever. Leonard's face is just so awesome. :)

Yes, it's the perfect "why the face?" look (Modern Family in-joke).

And you know that this one picture is going to spawn dozens of Shelnard shipper fanfics...

• Like 3

Yes, it's the perfect "why the face?" look (Modern Family in-joke).

And you know that this one picture is going to spawn dozens of Shelnard shipper fanfics...

/ ? ;)

• Like 2

Mmmm-hmmm... ;)

Something very important is missing.

'The Leftover Thermalization' - Season 8, Episode 18

Airs Thursday, March 12 at 8/7c on CBS.

Friction ensues when a magazine fails to mention Leonard in an article about the paper he co-wrote with Sheldon. Also, a blackout at Mrs. Wolowitz's home leads to a final family dinner in her honor.

This one's going to be tough to watch. I cried when she died, and you know this episode is going to be even more heart-wrenching.

While I won't miss the plethora of fat jokes, I sure will miss Howard's Mom. She was the best ever invisible cast member of any sitcom to date!

The Sneak Peeks to this episode are on you tube I would post them if I knew how

It was cute ep. Simon and Melissa was great. Loved bernie yelling at sheldon and leonard.

3 1/2 out of 5

• Like 2

So what's up with Emily?  Why isn't she appearing with the ensemble, such as at tonight's dinner?  I thought at this point she and Raj were a couple.

I thought tonight's episode was good.  I found Raj's Tor and tunder comment funny. I was actually happy to see Stuart, like I've missed him. The best part for me was Bernadette yelling at Sheldon and Leonard.

• Like 4

Good episode loved the way Penny wanted to cheer Leonard up and her short hair looked cute in tonight's episode Sheldon and Leonard's fight wasn't as bad as everyone thought after the TR came out and we now know Stuart is still living in Misses W house

Edited by Earnie
  • Like 4

Cute episode and loved the dinner and Bernadette going full mom mode on Sheldon and Leonard's childish squabbling towards the end over all I give this episode a B+.

• Like 5

So what's up with Emily?  Why isn't she appearing with the ensemble, such as at tonight's dinner?  I thought at this point she and Raj were a couple.

but she hasn't been a regular all year. She had been on the last two episodes. with Stuart there it made an even amount of people.

Good episode loved the way Penny wanted to cheer Leonard up and her short hair looked cute in tonight's episode Sheldon and Leonard's fight wasn't as bad as everyone thought after the TR came out and we now know Stuart is still living in Misses W house

Agree the Sheldon Leonard part wasn't that bad. This episode seems to be leading to a gradual closure in regards to Howard's mother. It also seems to tie up the loose ends regarding the paper. Not the best this year but there have been some worse ones.
  • Like 3

I thought the Shelnard fighting would be worse, but Bernie was hilarious.  I liked Shamy at the beginning when he's guessing what Amy is trying to tell him about Leonard.  I had to rewind that a few times...along with the little lady bit.  Swoon!

• Like 3

Did you guys notice how Penny was sitting on the couch after dinner? She had her leg draped over Leonard's. So cute!

• Like 6

Kudos to the writers for dropping in that Sheldon reciting 1000 digits of Pi two days before Pi day. haha

• Like 9

I don't know, I was expecting more from that episode - I really liked the idea of the gang sitting down to eat the last food Mrs. Wolowitz prepared, and the scene with Howard and Bernadette in the kitchen choked me up, but then they ruined the mood of the episode by having Leonard and Sheldon arguing though the whole thing, in a discussion that could have been had in a future episode, this episode really should have been about Mrs. Wolowitz, I would like to have seen the gang discuss their memories of her with maybe some clips from previous episodes, rather than just another Sheldon/Leonard argument - maybe I will feel better about the episode in the future, but I am a little disappointed with it now, it felt like a missed opportunity.

Edited by luke
  • Like 1

There's a nice touch in the end credits where Sheldon is the one who is looking for articles online to see if Leonard's name is credited.  While Sheldon was slightly irritating in this episode, I thought he somewhat atoned for his behavior with this action.

The reviews made the characters sound like petulant children, but from what I saw of the episode, they've both done far worse.  Not to mention both of them can become easily agitated depending on IF they get their buttons pushed.  It's not like Sheldon has the best bedside manners (okay he has BAD bed side manners :p ) so I can see how Leonard and Sheldon escalated to the point where it took Bernadette being possessed by the ghost of Miss Wolowitz (too soon?) to put them in their place.

On one more note Bernadette using the Miss Wolowitz voice to strike the fear of god into people to the point it can make people stop fighting SHOULD become a running gag.  It could be as effective as when THIS GUY does it. :p

Also loved the gag where Sheldon and Amy feel the need to explain specific things to Penny & Sheldon (specifically), as if they don't know what those things are.  And Penny telling him to shut up the last 2 times.

Not as bad as I was expecting given the reviews, but not great either.

Edited by meka3000

The Howard, Raj and Bernadette plot saved the episode for me, it was mildly funny, yet sincere enough to be respectful. It made you really like Howard and it did show why Howard and Bernadette are married, they obviously love each other and that episode shows it. Raj didn't even seem like a third wheel, he seemed like a good friend and I didn't really miss Emily. The story line with Leonard and Sheldon turned be off, Penny and Amy dealing with the situation was excellent, but the guys situation reminded me too much of that sweater episode, Sheldon hurting Leonard again because he is an asshole, I didn't find him quirky at all, just selfish and egotistical. It makes me wonder why Leonard cares about Sheldon's feelings so much when he keeps doing crap like that, it is time to pass the big baby to Amy.

• Like 1

I liked the episode a lot.

Loved Sheldons massage he gave to Leonard -> such a sweet Shelnard moment

Leonards : " Baby´s listening" was hilarious *LOL*
Rajs line about food *LOL*

Howard finds Mrs Wolowitz´s last meal she ever cooked

Bernie comforting Howard

Sheldon and Leonard fighting *LOL* -> those two reminded me of two big babies *LOL*

Sheldon telling the group after dinner that the magazine "Physics today" mentioned Leonards name and they all were like " Yay!" -> loved it!
Bernie yelling at Sheldon and Leonard -> Melissa did an awesome job with this!And I loved it!

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 2