The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Irene

Advice Re Bozeman, Mt...for Real (Travel)

I'm planning a trip to Bozeman, MT next month with my sons, 10 and 12, largely to check out the dinosaur displays at the Museum of the Rockies. Anyone on this board have advice re: where to stay (or not stay) in Bozeman? I'd love other suggestions for places to visit as well. Our interests are nature, science, technology, and/or anything educational, though fun stuff like pools and playgrounds appreciated too. Thanks in advance--and feel free to PM if that's easier. :)

I live in Montana, have almost my whole life. I live in Great Falls, a bit of a ways from Bozeman, but have visited a few times. Though it's a bit out of the way, the National Parks, Glacier and Yellowstone, are really worth a shot. Glacier is fading fast (though that's a LONG way from Bozeman) and you kiddos may love it. Also, the MSU campus in Bozeman usually offers some informative and fun things, I would check that out as well! Hope you enjoy the trip, and bring warm clothes, our weather is REALLY unpredictable!

• Like 2

Thanks tbbtfanamanda. I should have said I was driving down from Calgary, Alberta--I know all about unpredictable weather! Lol. And we've visited Glacier before (Waterton on my side of the border); gorgeous. We go through Great Falls on the way--what's there to see in your city?

I live in Montana and been to Bozeman a few times. I live in the Northwestern part of the state (Flathead County) about 5 or 6 Hours from there. It is a really nice plane. Nice College Town and Nice Peoples. Lot of places to Eat and Shop. many tourist attractions and Mountain ranges. It is not far form Yellowstone National Park. You should check out some of the Museums there. They have one of the best Heath food stores in the state. You will like it. It a al around nice place . Very Historical

You can find more here: https://www.bozeman.net/Home

If I did not live where I live I would probably choose Bozeman but I like Missoula too. Another great Montana Town. 

Just stay away from Butte and you will have a Great Vacation! 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

I grew up in the Northeastern part of Montana and have only been to Bozeman a couple of times. The Lewis and Clark caverns are very cool and I think your kiddos would really like it. I graduated from University of Great Falls and trust me when I tell you there's not much there! The CM Russell museum and the Lewis and Clark Museum are about it. If you're going through Helena, the Gate of the mountains is about half way between Great Falls and Helena on I-15 and is pretty cool. Malta has several dinosaurs at their museum but I think from Calgary, it's more prudent to enter at Shelby or Havre. I hope you have a great time!

• Like 2

Thanks tbbtfanamanda. I should have said I was driving down from Calgary, Alberta--I know all about unpredictable weather! Lol. And we've visited Glacier before (Waterton on my side of the border); gorgeous. We go through Great Falls on the way--what's there to see in your city?

Honestly, NOTHING. The nature is pretty, if you want to drive around to see the different dams, some are absolutely breathtaking, but other than that, there aren't many things to see/do in GF. It's a college town and a military town, we have the air force base. Bozeman is much better honestly haha :) Either way enjoy your trip!

• Like 2