67 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

OK, that was a fun episode, several laugh out loud moments!

The Shelnard quest was perfect all around.  Two favorite bits...when they first arrive at the gate and sound disappointed...then great comedic beat..."this is amazing" geek out!  Then Sheldon reminding Leonard "Today you got to watch someone shoot me with a taser" and Leonard's great reaction.   Oh, and the analysis of "Play That Funky Music"...very clever, writers!

The Tardis-Pong plot was also great.  The best part for me was Howard telling Bernadette just where the Tardis was going to be in the house, on the rotating platform with the Suck It sign...then "Game On!"  OMG, Simon Helberg killed me with that line reading...so perfect, he's a gem!

I loved the mix of the 5 in the group, lots of fun interplay.  The only part that was off for me was the "bitch/tampon/purse" exchange...come on writers, we know you can do better.  But they got so much right this episode, I can be a little forgiving.

Shamy was cute in the tag scene...wonder if we will ever see the Tardis bedroom again?  Eh, writers?  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, say no more!

I think this episode was definitely another example of how well things work with just two storylines...I know they can't do it all the time...7 main characters and only 24 short episodes...but it is nice once in a while when the writers can take a little stroll, rather than sprinting to the punchlines.

I'll definitely be re-watching soon.  :)

Edited by bhreg
  • Like 9

What a fun episode! I really enjoyed the ping pong competition, but my favorite part was the banter between Leonard and Sheldon in the car. There's often a you-irritate-me-but-I-still-care-about-you feeling in the Leonard/Sheldon scenes, which I love.

I was a bit disappointed that the guys ended up missing their lecture appointment. I want more to come from the paper they published. Hopefully we'll get something in the last two episodes.

No serious relationship stuff, but sometimes I find it nice to take the focus off the ships and just enjoy the funny.

I'm really happy the entire cast got to play this week, as I love them all!

• Like 1

Leonard does math and confounds Sheldon - tick.

Penny says Gallifrey - tick

We see the Saab - tick

Sheldon and the tazer - tick

Penny and the shorts and top flashback - tick

Raj is fantastic - tick

And Tom Baker - tick

Also, Bernie needs a white cat to pet as she plans world domination - tick.

• Like 7

Wow ... I know I'm in the minority, but I hated this episode.

Why?

Sheldon and Leonard blow off work to STALK a celebrity, break the law and then end up congratulating each other for having had an "adventure".

The characters I thought I knew would never have crossed this line. And I hate to think young people watching this episode would see thus and think it's acceptable thrill-seeking behavior.

Very, very disappointed in the writers for having gone down this road. In all 8 seasons, this is by far the worst episode they've ever aired.

When you think too much about the episode, the thing that comes out weird is that, I would have expected Amy and Penny to blow off helping at a garage sale, to go see their guys talk about their project since it was becoming such a big deal.

Wow ... I know I'm in the minority, but I hated this episode.

Why?

Sheldon and Leonard blow off work to STALK a celebrity, break the law and then end up congratulating each other for having had an "adventure".

The characters I thought I knew would never have crossed this line. And I hate to think young people watching this episode would see thus and think it's acceptable thrill-seeking behavior.

Very, very disappointed in the writers for having gone down this road. In all 8 seasons, this is by far the worst episode they've ever aired.

Did you actually watch and pay attention to this show? They didn't "blow off" work to stalk a celebrity.

First of all, they were going to Berkley to discuss the paper they just wrote together. Then when realizing they were way ahead of schedule, they decided to go see Skywalker Ranch/George Lucas.

Leonard says they have time, they can drive by and look at it. And when they finally get there, Sheldon (being completely IC) gets excited and jumps out of the car when the guard tells them no. Leonard (being completely IC), does what he's told, stays in the car, and watches as the guards tackles and secured Sheldon.

The characters you thought you knew would never cross this line? Then I say, you don't know them at all because yeah, I can totally see them doing this the way it was written.

• Like 5

When you think too much about the episode, the thing that comes out weird is that, I would have expected Amy and Penny to blow off helping at a garage sale, to go see their guys talk about their project since it was becoming such a big deal.

Excellent observation. I completely agree.

In my opinion I thought Bernie was a little mean to Howard about the Tardis I know married couples fight about what stuff to keep and what to get rid of but I think she could have compromise and let him keep in the garage at least just my opinion

Totally agree.

But with each passing episode, Bernie is becoming more and more unpleasant.

On the other hand, if Howie wanted to end up with a domineering shrew who resembled his mother, he picked the right girl.

Loved it! I'm always so excited to see at least most of the group doing something together besides sitting in the living room and eating.   :haha: 

The characters I thought I knew would never have crossed this line.

But... you're talking about a guy that has restraining orders from four different people... 

• Like 4

hmm seems like I was right on why Amy wanted the Tardis in her bedroom......I am a little disappointed that Sheldon and leonard blew off work to go stalk a celebrity.....overall this episode has a lot of Dr. Who references that I didn't really care for.....the only I like about this episode is when they were playing ping pong that's it.

WTH!!! The guys did NOT "blow off work"!!!!!!

PAY ATTENTION!!

They were on their way to Berkley to discuss the paper they wrote and decided to visit Skywalker Ranch/George Lucas because.....

It was close by AND.....

They were running ahead of schedule getting to Berkley!!!

they still blow off work they didn't even go to Berkeley they went home what the point of this episode? because of my understanding is that they pack up to go to Berkley about their research paper but they end up trying to meet a celebrity and when that didn't work they got caught and left off with a warning the they leave and go straight home like....what the point?

Edited by mysteryrose10

Not because they blew it off. They missed the lecture because of Sheldon being over excited of a celebrity. Considering he didn't get yet another restraining order, yeah I'd say that was IC of Sheldon.

Did you actually watch and pay attention to this show? They didn't "blow off" work to stalk a celebrity.

First of all, they were going to Berkley to discuss the paper they just wrote together. Then when realizing they were way ahead of schedule, they decided to go see Skywalker Ranch/George Lucas.

Leonard says they have time, they can drive by and look at it. And when they finally get there, Sheldon (being completely IC) gets excited and jumps out of the car when the guard tells them no. Leonard (being completely IC), does what he's told, stays in the car, and watches as the guards tackles and secured Sheldon.

The characters you thought you knew would never cross this line? Then I say, you don't know them at all because yeah, I can totally see them doing this the way it was written.

Doing something that gets you arrested IS blowing off work. Yeah, I could see them driving by the ranch to get a look at it, but then I could also see them being stopped at the gate, apologizing and then moving onto their gig as planned.

Yes, I did watch the episode.

And I have my take on these characters... you have yours. Yours is no more valid than mine.

And in my opinion, Leonard never would have driven through that gate. This is the same guy who, last year, couldn't buy a scalped ticket for fear of getting into trouble.

And when, in the past, Sheldon would get in trouble, it was usually because he was a naive, childish, social idiot. Walking up to James Earl Jones in a restaurant ... or walking into Stan Lee's house ... he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. In this episode he clearly did.

Totally rubbed me the wrong way, especially the tazing part. I don't find that funny at all, especially given how police brutality is a serious problem in the U.S., and lots of innocent people have been physically injured by tazing.

And Shelnard's lack of remorse, after it was over, was appalling. It's one thing to do something stupid and feel bad afterward ... quite another to be proud of invading someone's privacy just to say you did it and got a glimpse of their stuff.

Ick.

And as I realize my unpopular opinion could create a distressing discussion for many, this will be my last post on this thread.

I am a little disappointed that Sheldon and leonard blew off work to go stalk a celebrity.....

they still blow off work they didn't even go to Berkeley they went home

THEY DIDN'T BLOW OFF WORK! THEY HAD EXTRA TIME BEFORE THE LECTURE AND DECIDED TO SEE SKYWALKER RANCH! THEY WENT HOME INSTEAD OF GOING TO BERKELEY BECAUSE THEY WERE DETAINED BY SECURITY AND MISSED THE LECTURE!

How many times does it need to be said before you get it? Maybe SHOUTING in a huge, bold font will help you understand it.

• Like 6

Amy wasn't going to have coitus with Sheldon when he was going "Dr who crazy" that was never going to happen anyway

And quoting martin above

YaY tHe ShOuTiNG ;)

Edited by rachelshamyfan

And as I realize my unpopular opinion could create a distressing discussion for many, this will be my last post on this thread.

For which we are all profoundly grateful.

THEY DIDN'T BLOW OFF WORK! THEY HAD EXTRA TIME BEFORE THE LECTURE AND DECIDED TO SEE SKYWALKER RANCH! THEY WENT HOME INSTEAD OF GOING TO BERKELEY BECAUSE THEY WERE DETAINED BY SECURITY AND MISSED THE LECTURE!

How many times does it need to be said before you get it? Maybe SHOUTING in a huge, bold font will help you understand it.

Lol....thanks Martin.

• Like 1

well that's rude Martin you have your opinion and I have mine

THEY STILL WENT TO SKYWALKER RANCH TO STALK A CELEBRITY THEY DIDNT EVEN GO TO BERKELY THEY WENT HOME SO YEAH TO ME THEY BLEW OFF WORK.

Edited by mysteryrose10

But the meaning of "blowing off" means they never had any intention of going in the first place which wasn't the case!

• Like 4

No it's not better. They weren't goofing around. They were killing time because they were ahead of schedule.

Leonard looks at his phone and says "we're making great time. We'll be there pretty early." Then Sheldon asks "Will our hotel room be ready?" And Leonard says he doubts that.

Now given that along with all the other info we get, I'm guessing the lecture takes place in the evening. Since Berkley is a good 5+ hours away from LA, they plan on sleeping at a hotel after the lecture and head home the next morning.

But since they are running AHEAD OF SCHEDULE, they "kill time" by going to see Skywalker Ranch and in Sheldon's excitement, gets them in trouble and causes them to miss the lecture. So since there's no reason to stick around, they go on home.

I see this as completely IC for both Leonard and Sheldon and don't see why some people have a problem with it.

• Like 2