67 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I mean they did stalk a celebrity but that's not out of character. I mean for Leonard it might be but Sheldon has several restraining orders from different sci-fi guys. And Raj and Howard once used NASA equipment to stalk the America's Top Model girls. This is something that occasionally happens on the show. And as for "influencing young people", I mean it's a sitcom. I'm pretty sure young people know not to do everything they see in sitcoms. Give them a little credit. :icon_lol:

Anyway I thought this was a well written episode. The only thing that upset me was Raj calling Amy a bitch. I'm sure they could have found a way around that. I would have been interested in Sheldon's reaction to that. Amy giving Sheldon a "danger whistle" was amusing. Sheldon's constant smiling. I don't know what to think about that. His character just seems to smile a lot more. Remember in the beginning of the series where we weren't even sure that Sheldon could smile?

Also is there anyone here who watches the Mindy Project and you got a little excited when you saw the guy who plays Dr.Gurgler? He's kinda cute. I wouldn't mind seeing a reappearance from him.

They were goofing around but its ok we all have our opinions

It's my opinion that the Earth is flat and that the Moon is made of cheese. I demand that you respect my opinion because all opinions are equally valid.

• Like 5

I enjoyed the ping pong tournament. Very meta.

Loved the Play that Funky Music, White Boy analysis. Basically all their road trip conversation was gold.

Also, Jim's face when he says "Oh no!" In the TARDIS tag scene is friggin hilarious.

• Like 1

It's my opinion that the Earth is flat and that the moon is made of cheese. I demand you to respect my opinion are equally valid

Thank you I do respect your opinion maybe I'll learn to like you.............maybe........................probably not though........

I must say that that was a pretty nifty replica of the TARDIS (from the era of the Ninth and Tenth doctors, most likely, as the upgraded one for Eleven and Twelve has the "St. John's Ambulance" label on the right door). If I wanted to nitpick, though, I'd complain that the TARDIS doors are supposed to open inward, not outward, but I'd still take one if someone gave it to me. :)

• Like 1

I enjoyed the episode.  Actually preferred the ping pong plot.  I thought this was a great ensemble with those 5.  And Amy's facials in the episodes....so damn funny!!

Some very funny LOL moments

And to Martin's point. An opinion and facts are different.  So with that said, the fact is they DIDN'T blow off work...they clearly stated they had time to kill, which then ended up longer because of the situation.  The opinion is you thought it might have been irresponsible to go the the ranch....

Fact: trees sometimes have leaves

Opinion: I find trees pretty with leaves

• Like 6

It's my opinion that the Earth is flat and that the Moon is made of cheese. I demand that you respect my opinion because all opinions are equally valid.

^ This.

Anyway, I thought it was very funny from open to tag. :)

Same here. Too bad I won't see next week's episode, as my wife and I will be in Vegas. We've already decided that we're not returning to the hotel room to watch it. :biggrin: We'll just have to wait until we return home and catch it on the DVR, which won't be a problem since, thanks to the three hour difference, we won't be able to sleep for hours after we return home to Detroit. :)

• Like 3

If you look at the episode itself it was funny. Saying that it seems like the writers are running out of material in my opinion. Sheldon and Leonard stalking George Lucad. Been there. The only difference Leonard for some odd reason went along. The garage was funny but again been there. Milked 4 or 5 stories out of Howard's mothers death. What in real life she hadn't died? The TARDIS. Two things. One is wasn't the TARDIS Stuarts? Two the tag brought bsck desperate and horny Amy. AGAIN. Either have Shamy hsve coitus or a plot line with Amy and Gerard.

If you look at the episode itself it was funny. Saying that it seems like the writers are running out of material in my opinion. Sheldon and Leonard stalking George Lucad. Been there. The only difference Leonard for some odd reason went along. The garage was funny but again been there. Milked 4 or 5 stories out of Howard's mothers death. What in real life she hadn't died? The TARDIS. Two things. One is wasn't the TARDIS Stuarts? Two the tag brought bsck desperate and horny Amy. AGAIN. Either have Shamy hsve coitus or a plot line with Amy and Gerard.

WTH are you talking about?

What's "been there" about S/L going to Skywalker Ranch?  They didn't go there specifically to stalk GL, but simply to see the ranch--at least that was Leonard's purpose.  He was just trying to be honest and say they were fans and wanted to look around and maybe meet GL at the most.  He wasn't intent upon chasing down GL.

He only got roped into the rest of it when Sheldon took off.

How is that not clear?

And again, what was "been there" about the garage scene?  And so what if Mrs. W's death inspired a few episodes?  We don't know what episodes they may have been planning, but why do you think they would have been out of ideas without her passing?

I think it's better that they treat her loss more realistically by showing the long-term effects of her loss than to just do one quick episode and then forget about her, or have Howardette just suddenly living in her house with no repercussions.

The TARDIS at Stuart's party was a photo booth rental that RAJ ordered for the party.  It never belonged to Stuart.  This one is presumably one that Howard bought on his own.

And how does Amy trying to entice/excite Sheldon make her horny and desperate?  Isn't she allowed to want Sheldon without it making her pathetic or desperate?  And wouldn't focusing more on Amy and Gerard make her seem even MORE horny and desperate?

Sheldon and Amy don't have to have coitus just because you want them to. 

As this is season 8 Leonard should have never gone along with Sheldon antics. I get the idea of being funny but the general theme of their plotlline was really nothing new. The garage sale basically was the set up for the tag at the end.. IMO there needs to be an end of plot lines regarding Howard's mother. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. In regards to the tag I did like the Dr. Who reference. At this point it's time to give up on Amy trying to "entice/excite" Sheldon. The more she tries doing it, and it's been at least double digits in attempts, the sadder it appears. But I guess looking at it from Sheldon's POV that doesn't really matter.

As this is season 8 Leonard should have never gone along with Sheldon antics. I get the idea of being funny but the general theme of their plotlline was really nothing new. The garage sale basically was the set up for the tag at the end.. IMO there needs to be an end of plot lines regarding Howard's mother. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. In regards to the tag I did like the Dr. Who reference. At this point it's time to give up on Amy trying to "entice/excite" Sheldon. The more she tries doing it, and it's been at least double digits in attempts, the sadder it appears. But I guess looking at it from Sheldon's POV that doesn't really matter.

What antics did Leonard go along with? If Leonard had said, "No, I don't want to go look at Skywalker Ranch", then everyone would be howling that Leonard had become boring, or had lost his nerd cred or whatever. Why shouldn't Leonard be interested in seeing Skywalker Ranch or possibly meeting George Lucas? Is he an old fuddy-duddy now?

All of the guys would want to do that, not just Sheldon. And it wasn't Leonard's fault that Sheldon took off and got them both in trouble.

As for stories about Howard's mother, I think that the death of a parent and dealing with the aftermath isn't something that should be swept under the rug simply because some people only want to see Leonard and Penny going at it like rabbits and nothing more.

Since they've decided that Howard and Bernie are moving into the house, I think it gives the writers more stories to tell rather than fewer, especially since they're not planning to rush Leonard and Penny to the altar.

What's wrong with telling other stories?

Double digits?? Seriously?? Fine. In YOUR words, Amy tries to "entice/excite" Sheldon and it's at least double digits.

So name every instance that she's done this TOWARDS Sheldon himself and I will not except a number lower than 10.

well that's rude Martin you have your opinion and I have mine

THEY STILL WENT TO SKYWALKER RANCH TO STALK A CELEBRITY THEY DIDNT EVEN GO TO BERKELY THEY WENT HOME SO YEAH TO ME THEY BLEW OFF WORK.

YOU'RE NOT SHOUTING LOUD ENOUGH. yOU NEED TO BOLD YOUR CAPS

As for stories about Howard's mother, I think that the death of a parent and dealing with the aftermath isn't something that should be swept under the rug simply because some people only want to see Leonard and Penny going at it like rabbits and nothing more.

Since they've decided that Howard and Bernie are moving into the house, I think it gives the writers more stories to tell rather than fewer, especially since they're not planning to rush Leonard and Penny to the altar.

What's wrong with telling other stories?

Howard's mother story has run it's course. she wasn't a main character and Howard is not one of the big 3. Don't know anyone suggesting wanting Lenny going at it like rabbits.. At this point they are closer to becoming a nun and priest. Some people too are thrilled with a lack of Lenny storyline. I'm sure it would be thrilling to them to somehow kill them off right along with Amy. Let's be honest some just watch to see Sheldon and IMO s couple are on this thread. While tensor pointed out the reasoning for lower viewership numbers these"other stories" aren't helping.

Sheldon and Amy don't have to have coitus just because you want them to.

Or anybody else wanting them to either. I think they'll be keeping their pants on for a while longer. D e l a y ed gratification on the ships seems to be the way to bet.

Sheldon and Leonard stalking George Lucad. Been there. The only difference Leonard for some odd reason went along.

How was that stalking?  They went in there on blind faith that they could meet George Lucas, how that equals stalking I don't know.

The TARDIS. Two things. One is wasn't the TARDIS Stuarts?

Howard specifically said he bought it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would have thought Stalking was more a long term plan to constantly watch, "accidentally" meet, creepily follow/take photos, make phone calls and the like rather than a spur of the moment, one off, time to kill, just happens to be closeby, why not give it a shot if we can moment that went wrong when Sheldon overdid and they ended up in a security holding pay for long enough to miss their scheduled lecture. And blowing off work is calling in to your place of work with an excuse for not being there rather than actually hopping in your car for the express purpose of going to work and making an error in judgement that causes you to miss your appointment. But hey, some people will always think differently.

And the alternative of watching them explain their theory for 10 minutes would have been so much funnier!

• Like 3

Howard's mother story has run it's course. she wasn't a main character and Howard is not one of the big 3. Don't know anyone suggesting wanting Lenny going at it like rabbits.. At this point they are closer to becoming a nun and priest. Some people too are thrilled with a lack of Lenny storyline. I'm sure it would be thrilling to them to somehow kill them off right along with Amy. Let's be honest some just watch to see Sheldon and IMO s couple are on this thread. While tensor pointed out the reasoning for lower viewership numbers these"other stories" aren't helping.

Your prejudices are showing.