The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

822 The Graduation Transmission (April 23)

Your Episode Rating  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I didn't say there was no humour in the previous episode, just that this one was so much funnier (IMO)

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with Sheldon.  Why do you assume that that's the reason?  I gave both episodes an "Excellent" rating because I truly enjoyed both of them.  I loved the Lenny story this week and I loved the plot with all four guys last week.

I just don't understand why people think there was no humor last week.

It has nothing to do with Sheldon.  Why do you assume that that's the reason?  I gave both episodes an "Excellent" rating because I truly enjoyed both of them.  I loved the Lenny story this week and I loved the plot with all four guys last week.

Because last week's plot made Sheldon look good. It made Leonard and Raj look weak. most people on here have a bias.. Have you noticed some in a certain group has made no comment of the episode. BTW what kind of car does Jim drive?
  • Like 1

There was comedy last week.  I don't know what it was you didn't find funny last week, but I found both of them funny.

People have different tastes.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was good....

everything was fun....good to see some affection and some finally some fun between leonard and penny...

sheldon-howard was good....good to see sheldon playing the normal straight man's role....made him more funnier...

raj was ok....

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

BTW what kind of car does Jim drive?

Mercedes Benz SL550 Roadster...hard top convertible, in white....

Because last week's plot made Sheldon look good. It made Leonard and Raj look weak. most people on here have a bias.. Have you noticed some in a certain group has made no comment of the episode. BTW what kind of car does Jim drive?

But you seem to be implying that I liked last week's episode because of the Sheldon content rather than just because I found it funny.  While it's true that I like Sheldon best, that's not how I judge an episode.  I don't care if he's made to look like a leader or a child or whatever.  I'm also not counting how many minutes or how many scenes he or any other character get.

For me it's the overall story, the jokes and punchlines, etc.  Even the episodes that might be angsty, for whomever, can be funny to me if the punchlines are good or the overall story is good.

I have not noticed who or who not have commented on this episode.  I don't keep score that way.  I do notice, however, those who make certain kinds of remarks over and over, or those who make assumptions.

Jim drives a little white Mercedes, as others have already posted.  It's a great little car.  He was parked in the corner spot, but I don't know if it's "his" spot. :p

Well, to be fair, Howard obviously thought he didn't need to call tech support or google about the problem but assumed he was smart enough to take it apart and find the problem.  Some guys are just that way (and girls, too, I guess) like my schoolmate who thought he knew all about bassoons and could take apart the jigsaw that is the key system, but then found he didn't know how to put it back together (some keys have to go on before others, etc.)

He could easily have consulted some kind of manual (this was in the days before the internet) but he didn't bother because he thought he didn't need to.

I loved Sheldon's line about Howard having wiped his bottom with the warranty. :p

I get all that. Some guys are that way (like Tim the tool man Taylor). I'd expect an educated tech savvy engineer with many years experience like Howard would know better. It was not even his toy or his warranty. He acted like some noob.

Enjoyed this one (mind you, I enjoy all of 'em).

A couple of laugh out loud moments.......Leonard in the gown putting the belt on!

And a trip back to 'geekdom'. ......the little engineer who could!

Nice to see Mr and Mrs Koothrapali again too.

Big......big      fun

• Like 1

I loved Sheldon's line about Howard having wiped his bottom with the warranty. :p

Actually it was Howard's line repeated by  Sheldon.

Actually it was Howard's line repeated by  Sheldon.

Howard said he wiped his bottom with warranties--meaning in general.  When Sheldon said his line later, he was speaking specifically about the warranty for the helicopter.  And said that he thought Howard meant it metaphorically, but that he had been in the bathroom a long time.

For the invisible kids - "While you're spending all this time on your own building computers or practising your cello, what your really doing is BECOMING INTERESTING. And when people finally do notice you, they're gonna find someone A LOT COOLER than they thought. And for those of you who were popular in high school, it's over. Sorry."

Kudos, Dr Hofstadter, kudos.

Seriously important message to come out of a sitcom. Can't get it out of my head. Really hit me big time as both a former "invisible kid" and now an influential teacher.

Popularity is fleeting. Talent and intelligence is forever. Embrace your gifts despite what others think.

• Like 8

Mercedes Benz SL550 Roadster...hard top convertible, in white....

Funny how many Americans actually own German cars. I can't blame them though, haha.

Howard said he wiped his bottom with warranties--meaning in general.  When Sheldon said his line later, he was speaking specifically about the warranty for the helicopter.  And said that he thought Howard meant it metaphorically, but that he had been in the bathroom a long time.

That doesn't change the fact that Sheldon repeated Howard's line. 

• Like 1

That doesn't change the fact that Sheldon repeated Howard's line. 

That's a pointless quibble--it's actually about Sheldon pointing out what it was that Howard did, either metaphorically or literally.  Howard introduced the concept as a metaphor, but Sheldon pointed out the specifics of what Howard did, either metaphorically or literally.

Sheldon didn't repeat Howard's line.  He built on Howard's metaphor.

• Like 1

That's a pointless quibble-

I don't think so,  I thought it was a pointless quibble to say Sheldon was specific, YMMV

• Like 2

I don't think so,  I thought it was a pointless quibble to say Sheldon was specific, YMMV

What?  Howard was speaking generally, Sheldon was speaking specifically.  Sheldon wasn't parroting Howard's line.  To say that Sheldon simply repeated Howard's line would be to imply that Jim was stepping on Simon's lines.

You know that having another character echo a line with a variation--especially, in this case, to underscore what Howard had done--is a basic staple of playwriting/scriptwriting, just like the rule of 3.

MMMV, (and here I go poking my nose in only to get it swatted), but I took it as Sheldon repeating what Howard said earlier, not getting that Howard said it sarcastically. I think Sheldon thought he was revealing the fate of the warranty in question. Again, my mileage does vary...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 3

What?  Howard was speaking generally, Sheldon was speaking specifically.  Sheldon wasn't parroting Howard's line.  To say that Sheldon simply repeated Howard's line would be to imply that Jim was stepping on Simon's lines.

You know that having another character echo a line with a variation--especially, in this case, to underscore what Howard had done--is a basic staple of playwriting/scriptwriting, just like the rule of 3.

I don't see it that way.  But feel free to keep trying to push your version.  

• Like 1

I don't see it that way.  But feel free to keep trying to push your version.  

Why do you think that Sheldon was just repeating Howard's line?  What would be the point of that?

• Like 1

You mean besides Sheldon didn't get it, as Hokie so ably pointed out?  But, again, hey, if you don't see it that way fine.  See it your way.  

• Like 1

You mean besides Sheldon didn't get it, as Hokie so ably pointed out? But, again, hey, if you don't see it that way fine. See it your way.

Tensor, eat a Snickers. ;)

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You mean besides Sheldon didn't get it, as Hokie so ably pointed out?  But, again, hey, if you don't see it that way fine.  See it your way.  

But then Sheldon wasn't repeating Howard's line.  He did say that he thought that Howard was speaking metaphorically, but then also thought that he might have literally done so, because he was in the bathroom so long.  But he wasn't "repeating Howard's line."

Hokie is right to say that Sheldon was revealing the fate of the specific warranty in question, but he did understand that Howard was speaking metaphorically because he said so, but he also suspected it was literal.  But again, that's different from repeating Howard's line.

• Like 1

Who laptop was Leonard using to do the Skype phone call?  It was that weird red/pink color.  Did anyone notice the laptop color matched penny shirt color? 

Who laptop was Leonard using to do the Skype phone call? It was that weird red/pink color. Did anyone notice the laptop color matched penny shirt color?

It was Penny's laptop.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1