The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walnutcowboy

Has Leonard Been Kidnapped ?

What really bugs me about the whole thing was the line, she was a smoker I was feeling sea sick. It's makes me wonder if it's the reason why he stopped it. It really sound like that. :(

Edit. Especially the seasick bit

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It seemed like he was just rambling. I focus on unimportant details when I'm nervous about spitting something out. 

Edited by DaisyJane

I really hope you guys are right. It's just that the way the writers have diminished the Leonard character in S8 it wouldn't suprise me if they go down that route.

Nah, I believe he stopped it because he felt that it was wrong, not because he was seasick. Of course, this is just my interpretation and I could be wrong, but given Leonard's "good guy nature", I think it's more likely.

Leonards "good guy nature" (or lack of it) is the ONLY reason I started this thread !

I'm still wondering what would have happened if she didn't smoke and if he hadn't been seasick?!?

If Leonard was really worried about "screwing things up" while on the boat, then he should NOT have kissed another female !

Alcohol can assist in people doing stupid things sometimes.

Leonards "good guy nature" (or lack of it) is the ONLY reason I started this thread !

I'm still wondering what would have happened if she didn't smoke and if he hadn't been seasick?!?

He never said her smoking and him being seasick is the reason he put a stop to it.  I would think it would be OBVIOUS why he put a stop to it, even in a drunken state.

What really bugs me about the whole thing was the line, she was a smoker I was feeling sea sick. It's makes me wonder if it's the reason why he stopped it. It really sound like that. :(

Edit. Especially the seasick bit

Watch the clip.  In an earlier sentence he said he put a stop to it.  In a later sentence he said she was a smoker and he was seasick to downplay the quality of the kissing.  No where in there did he mention THOSE things being the reasons he stopped.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

He never said her smoking and him being seasick is the reason he put a stop to it. I would think it would be OBVIOUS why he put a stop to it, even in a drunken state.

In an earlier sentence he said he put a stop to it. In a later sentence he said she was a smoker and he was seasick to downplay the quality of the kissing. No where in there did he mention THOSE things being the reasons he stopped.
I never said he that's the reason he stopped. Just speculating as we don't have the full details of what happened. The writers can go there if they want because I'm sure penny will have more questions come S9.

Edited by Tonstar17

Yes, alcohol can assist you to do stupid things, but it can't entirely make you do something you really don't want to do when you're sober. It's just making things easier for you, so yeah, I don't accept the use of alcohol as an excuse for infidelity. The intention/temptation to kiss this girl must have been there.

He never said her smoking and him being seasick is the reason he put a stop to it.  I would think it would be OBVIOUS why he put a stop to it, even in a drunken state.

Watch the clip.  In an earlier sentence he said he put a stop to it.  In a later sentence he said she was a smoker and he was seasick to downplay the quality of the kissing.  No where in there did he mention THOSE things being the reasons he stopped.

Thanks for the clip.

The way I read the clip, Leonard says "there was this girl" and "all there was was kissing".

NOWHERE does he say they were kissing only once.

They MAY have had several make out sessions, it's really not explained one way or the other, he just says he ended it.  

Both cases were 100% stupidity. I agree that in Penny's case she was single and to that extent it was okay Although she did seem to remember more when Emily quizzed her about it especially the kissing and seeing each other naked. She however didn't black out and thought her wedding to Zack was fake. That was even more stupid.

• Like 1

Both cases were 100% stupidity. I agree that in Penny's case she was single and to that extent it was okay Although she did seem to remember more when Emily quizzed her about it especially the kissing and seeing each other naked. She however didn't black out and thought her wedding to Zack was fake. That was even more stupid.

There are several fake chapels in Vegas, so I wasn't too outraged by that one. And if you wake up with no memory of all or some of the night before, you blacked out. Not sure how remembering scarce details changes that fact. The fact that Emily saw that as more of a reflection on Penny than the man she was dating was pretty pitiful, but that's another topic. Regardless, one of them was single, one of them was not. One gets a pass, since a little beer means you suddenly have no control over your actions,  the other has so-called Lenny fans calling the character misogynistic names. That's my issue, what Leonard did was forgivable. 

Edited by DaisyJane

I have to give Penny a pass on the wedding in Vegas. Rob Cohen (who was a co-executive producer of TBBT in 2007-2008) and Janeane Garofalo got married in 1991 in Vegas. They were doing it for a joke and thought as long as they didn't file it, they weren't actually married. They were wrong. They didn't find out about it for over 20 years, when Cohen actually tried to get married. They had to dissolved the marriage in 2012.

• Like 1

"LOVE IS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY", From The Love Story !

I have always despised that quote with a passion. For that I'm not saying sorry. :)

• Like 2

There are several fake chapels in Vegas, so I wasn't too outraged by that one. And if you wake up with no memory of all or some of the night before, you blacked out. Not sure how remembering scarce details changes that fact. The fact that Emily saw that as more of a reflection on Penny than the man she was dating was pretty pitiful, but that's another topic. Regardless, one of them was single, one of them was not. One gets a pass, since a little beer means you suddenly have no control over your actions,  the other has so-called Lenny fans calling the character misogynistic names. That's my issue, what Leonard did was forgivable.

i don't think Emily knows the whole story of the "hook up" just like we probably don't know the whole story of what exactly happened on the boat. In regards to the Penny name calling right or wrong it's brought on by Penny's past sexual experiences that have been well documented. Even this season they had the money on the bed and she had admitted doing that before with a guy. I even said earlier in one of the threads if Penny did what Leonard did there would probably be a Penny is a bitch thread. I think in this situation that's why Leonard gets a "pass". He doesn't have any hook ups at hotels, teenage pregnancy tests scares, sleeping with two brothers, or had his sex life on a blog.

Yes, alcohol can assist you to do stupid things, but it can't entirely make you do something you really don't want to do when you're sober. It's just making things easier for you, so yeah, I don't accept the use of alcohol as an excuse for infidelity. The intention/temptation to kiss this girl must have been there.

I never said it excused it, just that I understood it.

And how do you know the full details of how the kiss happened (like who initiated it, how long it lasted, etc.)?

I never said it excused it, just that I understood it.

And how do you know the full details of how the kiss happened (like who initiated it, how long it lasted, etc.)?

See, there's the problem. I don't understand how alcohol can make you do such a thing. I'm simply not buying it.

I don't know more than you, but based on Leonard's confession and him feeling guilty, I thought it was pretty clear that it was a mutual thing. Otherwise, why would he feel guilty about it? Why wouldn't he tell her if it happened differently? Why would she be hurt so much if it wasn't his fault at all? I think it doesn't make any sense to believe otherwise. You can twist and turn it as much as you like, but for me, it's pretty clear what happened. How long the kiss lasted etc. doesn't change a thing.

And DaisyJane, I have no issues with Thanksgiving Decoupling at all. It's one of my favorites of season seven.

See, there's the problem. I don't understand how alcohol can make you do such a thing. I'm simply not buying it.

I never said it made him, I said it helped influence him?  It's called under the influence for a reason. Sometimes that influence can weaken a persons willpower.

but based on Leonard's confession and him feeling guilty, I thought it was pretty clear that it was a mutual thing. Otherwise, why would he feel guilty about it?

Because he put himself in a situation where that was possible to begin with?

Why wouldn't he tell her if it happened differently?

Leonard never over thinks things? ;) How do you know he didn't think who started it was irrelevent due to the kiss length and/or he feels he led her on into kissing him?  Like I said, there's far too many ambiguities that I'm not going to rush into judging just HOW MUCH BLAME Leonard deserves until I hear more details about it.  I'm positive we'll know more about it down the road, and we'll have a clearer picture of what happened eventually.

Why would she be hurt so much if it wasn't his fault at all?

Because he kept it a secret for two years, instead of being up front about it after it happened.

Leonard never over thinks things? ;) How do you know he didn't think who started it was irrelevent due to the kiss length and/or he feels he led her on into kissing him?  Like I said, there's far too many ambiguities that I'm not going to rush into judging just HOW MUCH BLAME Leonard deserves until I hear more details about it.  I'm positive we'll know more about it down the road, and we'll have a clearer picture of what happened eventually.

There are no ambiguities for me. I don't think this is the kind of finale that leaves so many questions and I don't think the kissing will be discussed much further, because there's just nothing what could make a difference. Of course, they (the writers) could always come back and say: "Well, actually he didn't kiss her... blablabla", but right now, this is not what's implied. There's absolutely no evidence to believe this is gonna happen. It is a definite thing for me. He cheated on her and I don't like it at all. That doesn't mean I'm not able to forgive him, he's just a human being after all and we make mistakes. But he'll probably remain a cheater for me. I may change my mind later if things are really good in the next season.

I'll also no longer participate in this "conversation". There's no point in arguing and obviously, we interpret things differently. The same goes for the pointless argument about her ring.

Oh, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the season four finale, but people still don't like it for various reasons. Deal with it.

I think Leonard kissing another girl, while things were good between him and Penny was horribly out of character for him.  I think it was just for a plot twist, for the writers to create some drama between the two of them.  I don't really like how they did it though.  I think there are a lot of issues that could have been explored between the two of them, without having Leonard cheat on Penny.  It rang really false to me.  We'll see how the writers resolve this, but I don't think they will get married right away, but later in the season.  They will need to work through their "trust" issues now....

Edited by tthomas77
  • Like 6

I think Leonard kissing another girl, while things were good between him and Penny was horribly out of character for him. 

Again how do you know it was out of character WITHOUT knowing fuller details?  IMO they painted enough of a picture that I can buy Leonard as being big headed and heavily intoxicated enough that he would be kissed but would be slow to put a stop to it.  And would feel ashamed of it afterwards.

Again I'm not saying that vindicates him, just that THAT specific scenario I see as within character.  Even if he did screw up.

I think Leonard kissing another girl, while things were good between him and Penny was horribly out of character for him.  I think it was just for a plot twist, for the writers to create some drama between the two of them.  I don't really like how they did it though.  I think there are a lot of issues that could have been explored between the two of them, without having Leonard cheat on Penny.  It rang really false to me.  We'll see how the writers resolve this, but I don't think they will get married right away, but later in the season.  They will need to work through their "trust" issues now....

Fully agree with you tthomas. With the details provided, it was totally out of character for him.

• Like 5

Sorry vasu, should not have used the quote above---I'm just curious (and I realize that this is probably not the correct thread), what is it that you love about TBBT?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Sorry vasu, should not have used the quote above---I'm just curious (and I realize that this is probably not the correct thread), what is it that you love about TBBT?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

no need for sorry haha..... I understand....

and to answer your question..... I thought the show was funny in the earlier seasons ....so I continue to watch it(but I certainly thing the level of humor has been drastically reduced)....not regularly but binge watch it sometimes hoping it might still have some magic left.....and now recently my school finished and my job does'nt start till next month....so I come to this forums something to have some fun.....

The discussion of the comparisons of levels of prostitution of Leonard and Penny have been moved to

"LOVE IS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY", From The Love Story !

Dude, love means ALWAYS having to say you're sorry...

• Like 2