The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

How Leonard And Howard Can Make More Money Than There Wives!

I figured out. How Leonard and Howard can make more money than there wives.

They invent something, get it patented. The money starts rolling in. Problem solved!

What you all think of that idea?

Edited by gwhh

They invent something, get it patented. The money starts rolling in. Problem solved!

This cunning plan is missing Sheldon Copper's iconic 3rd step: "buy a big bag to put the money in." :p

• Like 3

Am I forgetting something?

Didn't the guys invent a phone app. a couple of seasons ago?

What ever became of that?

Forgive my (lack) of memory !

Why do they need to make more money than their wives?

Yes, as long as they have a joint account and share big decisions, what's the problem? They just haven't got there yet. But from what Professor Television has taught me about Californian law, unless they have a pre-nuptial legal agreement once they marry Leonard will be able to get his hands on all her stuff. And her money.

The way they could get more money is to go into the private sector rather than academia. I don't know if there's much of a chance for that in Leonard's field, but Howard could be making much more money as an engineer. 

• Like 1

Why do they need to make more money than their wives?

Because I guess it's a problem when the female makes more money than the male in a relationship.  :icon_rolleyes:

It seems to me that Leonard doesn't have a problem with Penny making more money then him. The clip below hints about Penny in the future making more money, so it should be no surprise in the podcast episode that she then is making more then Leonard. The writers give plenty of clues to what is going to happen.

It seems to me that Leonard doesn't have a problem with Penny making more money then him. The clip below hints about Penny in the future making more money, so it should be no surprise in the podcast episode that she then is making more then Leonard. The writers give plenty of clues to what is going to happen.

Yeah but in the podcast episode you can see he wasn't happy about it. I don't know it's just seems in S8 the writers are all over the place when writing Lenny.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yeah but in the podcast episode you can see he wasn't happy about it. I don't know it's just seems in S8 the writers are all over the place when writing Lenny.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I think that Penny being more mature and more self sufficient then in the past, has had an effect on Leonard. I think he's been slow to adapt to the changes that have happened in their relationship. He was there to help her with financial and emotional support before, but she now makes her own money, and she's not so sad about the failed acting career. I think it's been a blow to his ego. He needs to realize that Penny loves him, and that's what matters.

• Like 2

The writers have run out of ideas in regards to Lenny. That's why they've written them in S8 in such a pathetic way. The re-run of "The Peanut reaction" was airing on TBS. Perhaps the writers should re-watch it so they can remember how to write Lenny effectively.

The writers have run out of ideas in regards to Lenny. That's why they've written them in S8 in such a pathetic way. The re-run of "The Peanut reaction" was airing on TBS. Perhaps the writers should re-watch it so they can remember how to write Lenny effectively.

The writers are doing just fine. Leonard envisioned himself a knight and Penny the damsel in distress. Turns out Penny's not a damsel in distress, and Leonard is not a knight. Leonard has to realize that Penny's just a girl that wants to be loved and he's the right guy, but I don't think he totally gets that just yet.  

• Like 1

Apparently you haven't watched the show from the start. I'm not saying that either of them is perfect , but the quality of the writing in regards to Lenny has taken a pronounced nose dive this season. they don't even seem to be the same characters. So, IMO the writers are not doing just fine, they are doing poorly. If you don't share my opinion I really don't care, as I don't share yours. For me the proof is in the pudding, or in this case the episodes. I have disliked S8 and consider it the poorest so far. Of course all of this is just my opinion, and you might disagree.

Edited by Carlos

Apparently you haven't watched the show from the start. I'm not saying that either of them is perfect , but the quality of the writing in regards to Lenny has taken a pronounced nose dive this season. they don't even seem to be the same characters. So, IMO the writers are not doing just fine, they are doing poorly. If you don't share my opinion I really don't care, as I don't share yours. For me the proof is in the pudding, or in this case the episodes. I have disliked S8 and consider it the poorest so far. Of course all of this is just my opinion, and you might disagree.

Sure I've watched the show from the start. I watch all the reruns on TBS, Fox 32 in Chicago, and UPN 50 in Chicago. I also have have all the seasons 1-7 on DVD. No one is ever perfect, and all the characters have numerous faults, but you seem to want the characters to stay static, too not evolve. Of coarse they're not the same. If Lenny want to be together, they needed to make changes. They pretty much did nothing all of season 8. Marriage is a lot of work. They need to put the time and effort into it. The season finale signals that it's time for them to be serious about being together.

I wasn't a fan of season 8 either. They put Lenny on the back burner to advance the other relationships, mainly Shamy. If season 9 was the last season, Lenny would be married already. Because they're signed up for 10 seasons, it was too soon for Lenny to marry.

• Like 1