The Official Season 8-9 Hiatus Thread

What I took from the car scene with Leonard is he had a kiss with a girl and he stopped. who started the kiss is unclear. The show has not always showed him as a night in shining armor.. The major one as many have pointed out was Leonard kissing Alice while going out with Priya. I think people justified that one because of their hate for Priya.

I think if she was the one who initiated the kiss and he just stopped her, he would've already told her in the car because that makes a HUGE difference. But I doubt he'll suddenly come up with that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see tptb doing the dream sequence if enough fans get pissed over the totally OOC kiss from Leonard just like they did with the Raj/Penny hook-up. Over the summer, fans got pissed over it and to

A while ago a poster suggested that Leonard's kiss confession could be a dream (really a nightmare). I would love that to be the resolution. Penny would wake up in the car all disoriented and sad."O

Your not alone I'm still pissed about it. Drunken mistake is still cheating. I just can't get my head around Leonard unfaithfulness. The same guy that spend years chasing after penny and only wanting

Speaking of Comic Con will the entire cast ever show up again last 2 years it's been a panel of writers and maybe one surprise cast member shows up I know they have other projects to do during the summer but it would be nice to see the whole cast again

No...I addressed this in the Comic Con thread under Cast/Crew.   All four of the guys are tied up.  Johnny is shooting a film, as is Simon.   Jim and Kunal are both in plays.  All four are in NY for their projects.   So no, they won't have time to attend Comic Con.   That leaves the girls.   Mayim we know has two international trips planned this summer as well as a number of speaking engagements.  She might be able to squeeze it in, but I really don't know if she will have time or not.   I am sure she would love to go if she could.  She loves that kind of thing.   Kaley is following Ryan around supporting him in his tournaments, but depending on timing, she possibly could be available.  Melissa appears to be in NY already so not sure what she has on her agenda.   Bottom line, it is very unlikely cast will be there.  It likely will be very much like last year with writers/producers, assuming they participate.

No...I addressed this in the Comic Con thread under Cast/Crew.   All four of the guys are tied up.  Johnny is shooting a film, as is Simon.   Jim and Kunal are both in plays.  All four are in NY for their projects.   So no, they won't have time to attend Comic Con.   That leaves the girls.   Mayim we know has two international trips planned this summer as well as a number of speaking engagements.  She might be able to squeeze it in, but I really don't know if she will have time or not.   I am sure she would love to go if she could.  She loves that kind of thing.   Kaley is following Ryan around supporting him in his tournaments, but depending on timing, she possibly could be available.  Melissa appears to be in NY already so not sure what she has on her agenda.   Bottom line, it is very unlikely cast will be there.  It likely will be very much like last year with writers/producers, assuming they participate.

What about semi-regular cast members such as Kevin Sussman or Laura Spencer?

What about semi-regular cast members such as Kevin Sussman or Laura Spencer?

It wouldn't surprise me if they showed up, or John Ross Bowie.  I nominate Kevin Smith as moderator.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the writers panel at CC.  I think it's fun to hear from the voices behind our favorite nerds.

Yes I feel the same. I'd go further and say I find it much more interesting than the older panels were the actors can't really answer the questions. The writers could possably give real answers to why questions. What were they thinking when...   ... what lead to xyz story.

Yes I feel the same. I'd go further and say I find it much more interesting than the older panels were the actors can't really answer the questions. The writers could possably give real answers to why questions. What were they thinking when...   ... what lead to xyz story.

Exactly.  The cast appear on talk shows all the time, but we rarely get to hear from the writers.  Some of the more fun moments of all the panels for me have been hearing the inspiration for various storylines.  Some of the writers are so cool, I'd love to just hang out with them.

• Like 1

Exactly.  The cast appear on talk shows all the time, but we rarely get to hear from the writers.  Some of the more fun moments of all the panels for me have been hearing the inspiration for various storylines.  Some of the writers are so cool, I'd love to just hang out with them.

I'm with you except for the last 8 words. The panel and/or other interviews that I can see on line are enough for me.

I'm not one to go hang with people much anymore apart from family..

I'm with you except for the last 8 words. The panel and/or other interviews that I can see on line are enough for me.

I'm not one to go hang with people much anymore apart from family..

I was thinking about Eric Kaplan when I wrote that.  He reminds me a lot of my favorite cousin.  I rarely see him but we always had the best conversations.

I am hoping for a writer's panel. Those people are so epic, seriously! 

Michy and I will have to come up with equally epic questions.

You're welcome to leave suggestions here ^^

• Like 1

I am hoping for a writer's panel. Those people are so epic, seriously! 

Michy and I will have to come up with equally epic questions.

You're welcome to leave suggestions here ^^

I'm guessing you have the obvious questions covered already. This is what I am wondering:

1. Is there a writer room story for the inspiration behind Emily?

2. What was the rational behind the Leonard / Penny car scene in 8.24. Don't know if they can answer that before 9.1 airs.

• Like 1

How do you know any of that? Just because TBBT is a sitcom doesn't mean it has to have a Disney-esque "and they all lived happily ever after" ending.

Chuck Lorre has a notoriously sick sense of humour (think of the ending of TAAHM) so who knows what might happen in the end?

I'm not saying that what you've suggested won't happen, just that we shouldn't assume that "things will work out perfectly for everyone in the end".

I so agree with you, I sometimes think there is a piano, right now up there, with Leonard and Penny's name already on it, just waiting to be released by Lorre. I think the finale of TAAHM demonstrated Lorre's real feelings about owing fans, of his shows, happy endings. He is at a point in his career where he has plenty of money coming in and doesn't have to please anyone but himself,

• Like 1

I so agree with you, I sometimes think there is a piano, right now up there, with Leonard and Penny's name already on it, just waiting to be released by Lorre. I think the finale of TAAHM demonstrated Lorre's real feelings about owing fans, of his shows, happy endings. He is at a point in his career where he has plenty of money coming in and doesn't have to please anyone but himself,

Don't know how accurate this is but I heard the piano gag on taahm was more of not being able to agree on a scene with Charlie Sheen actually making an appearance. He was supposedly supposed to be on the last episode but didn't agree with how Lorre wanted it played and then threw another hissy fit and refused to do it. So the ending gag was a message from Lorre to Sheen. Again, don't know how accurate that rumor is.

My impression was that TAAHM was just a long painful slow motion traffic accident.

I avoided watching so I am blissfully ignorant of how it ended.

Well some people also forget that how that show ended was a mutual effort, and NOT JUST Chuck Lorre's doing.

-It's easier to panic in bad weather (when things aren't going your way)

-It's easy to be optimistic when EVERYTHING is going your way.

Guest sladenoddy

I don't blame Leonard. I blame the scriptwriters for cruelly and stupidly upsetting the applecart like this. for crying out loud guys pack it in will you

I don't blame Leonard. I blame the scriptwriters for cruelly and stupidly upsetting the applecart like this. for crying out loud guys pack it in will you

??? Which guys. If you think the writers are going to pack it in I'd say, not happening.

While Charlie Sheen's character is alive (at the end of TAAHM) when before there had been indications that he had died, and a pretty definite death at that, I didn't mind the piano gag , and don't take it as mean or cruel. It's a joke about the feud between Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen. His character gets killed by a piano falling on top of him, and then Chuck Lorre looks at the camera and says: "winning" (Charlie Sheen's phrase), only to have another piano dropped on him which "kills" him in turn.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, girls, aliens and all beings of life!

Being that we are starting to get season 9 information, I thought It would be an idea to start a season 9 information thread here until the sub forum opens up. So here goes!

Taping dates:

8/11/15

8/18/15

8/25/15

Season 9 air date:

Season 9 will return on Monday's on:

September 21 at 8/7c

- Kaz :)

Kazzie, Tripper and I discussed this when someone else wanted to start a season 9 thread.  We'd prefer that the Hiatus thread is used, until we get the season 9 forum up. 

Do you think there is anyway that the writers would actually let them get married in Las Vegas, but then they come right back to their old apartments because Penny is mad and hurt about what Leonard did. So they go on for several episodes, married but not intimate and not living together, until slowly getting back to a point that Penny wants him again, then when they are there, they decide to have a nice little wedding to make it a nicer memory than the Vegas disaster. The only reason I think this is because the writers love Lenny conflict and Lenny could then have some real conflict over that. Their relationship is now strained, from Leonard's confession, but they wouldn't breakup because they are sort of stuck because they are now married and neither of them wants to even suggest divorce, so they could fight without risk of shutting the other out because of that marriage. I think I've been writing too much fanfiction.

• Like 3

Interesting idea of them getting married in Vegas after all. After that car scene, nothing the writers come up with would shock me. Just don't want them to break up again. I want the Lenny wedding we've been waiting 8 years for.

• Like 2

A while ago a poster suggested that Leonard's kiss confession could be a dream (really a nightmare).

I would love that to be the resolution. Penny would wake up in the car all disoriented and sad."OMG, Leonard! I had the very worst dream ever." Leonard pulls over and Penny ,in tears,explains how she was very jealous when Leonard was on the boat having fun. She thought she had dealt with it, but maybe not. Leonard comforts and reassures her that she is the only one he will ever love.

They have a beautiful private wedding and later have a big party for friends and family.

• Like 6