The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nibbler747

The Kripke Conundrum

Actually, I'm describing Amy, in Isolation Permutation. :icon_biggrin: 

"You're built too low to the ground, son.  The fast ones go right over your head."  Fog horn Leghorn

• Like 1

nibber747 has to think we don't have enough cliffhangers in real show :blum: Staying turned! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

I am slacking on reviewing but I am still so loving it. Last chapter while you didn't get two M it was good!! and so sweet! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks so much!  I love reading what people think of the story.  I initially wrote a much more rated M type scene in that closet, but then I changed it.  I thought maybe it was a bit much for them....although they did have quite a bit of Jagermeister!  Lol!

Really enjoyed your story.  I can't believe you made me care about and feel empathy for Kripke! 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed your story.  I can't believe you made me care about and feel empathy for Kripke! 

Thanks so much!  It's funny, when I started this story, I was kind of neutral on Kripke, but as I wrote it, I became more and more fond of him....to the point where I almost (almost) paired him with Amy for good.  But I guess I am a true Shamy shipper at heart, so I couldn't go there.  But I did need to find him a suitable replacement.  I always thought Alex was a great catch, and she smart girl also.  I thought they could make a good match.

• Like 1

After reading two of your stories now, you have become my favorite author.

I loved The Kripke Conundrum.   Once I started reading I could not put it down.   You made me care about Kripke and had me actually see him as a viable partner for Amy with the way Sheldon was treating her.    I felt like I was cheating on Shamy. 

I loved that you showed all of Sheldon's sides:  Arrogance, Hurt, Anger, Passion, and Redemption......   His bark is worse than his bite, and on the inside he really is a loving soul craving attention in every way.

I never thought I could stand to consider Amy touching another man, but you made it seem so plausible with the before and the consequences afterward.  

The dialog was extremely humorous.   I could not stop laughing.   I loved that you included everyone in your story Penny, Howard, Raj, and Bernie.

This is definitely one I will read more than once and refer others to.    Excellent!

• Like 1

OMG NO!

I just cannot bring myself to read it.

If it helps, Stephen, all is not as it seems.   You have to get through to the end to understand and totally appreciate the whole thing.   The author has done a great job with this.  

You get to see sides of Sheldon that were not possible, and it is believable, as a result of what happens between Kripke and Amy.   And.... the conversations..... to die laughing for.

If you can, I encourage you to give it a chance.   When you get to the end, you won't be disappointed.  

• Like 2

1) I thought that we were no longer allowed to totally diss somebody else's stories on this forum?  

2) if it's not your cup of tea, move along. Nobody is forcing you to read it. 

3) Fanfiction authors spend hours (if not days) writing each chapter. I thought that as a fellow author, SH, you would understand the hard work that goes into each chapter and be a little more respectful. 

• Like 3

It's just the thought of Kripke hitting on Amy. Vomiting21.gif 

SH:  At the beginning on this thread (page 1?) you wrote that you could not read this fic because you hate the idea of another regular character hitting on Amy.  I said "that's ok, this fic isn't for everyone.  I understand."

But to come to my story thread a SECOND time, when a reader was paying a sweet compliment, and say essentially your same previous comment with a barfing emoticon is both rude and obnoxious.

I'll echo gohawks comments:  don't read it.  Nobody is forcing you to.

• Like 1

The barfing emoticon was to indicate how I felt about Kripke hitting on Amy, not a comment on your writing.

My apologies, if that's how it appears to you, but I can assure, that is not how I meant it to read.

I do know there's someone (a fellow writer) who won't read a couple of my fics, because of what happens in dream sequences, and I respect that.

I certainly don't take it personally, or as a comment on my stories.

ETA: I'm more than happy to remove the post, if you would like me to.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

The barfing emoticon was to indicate how I felt about Kripke hitting on Amy, not a comment on your writing.

My apologies, if that's how it appears to you, but I can assure, that is not how I meant it to read.

I do know there's someone (a fellow writer) who won't read a couple of my fics, because of what happens in dream sequences, and I respect that.

I certainly don't take it personally, or as a comment on my stories.

ETA: I'm more than happy to remove the post, if you would like me to.

There is no need to remove the post, and I assure you I did not take this personally or take it as a comment on my writing.

I am perfectly fine with your reason for not reading.  If that concept bothers you, then don't read it, I am totally fine with it, and take zero offence to that in any way.  Fan Fiction is for enjoyment, and if a story with that idea would not be enjoyable for you to read, then by all means, don't.  I'm perfectly fine with that.  There are certain stories that I don't read myself, cause I don't find the concept enjoyable.

What bugged me was the fact that you felt the need to come here a SECOND time, when someone was saying something nice about my story, and then say that AGAIN.  What was the point in that?

OMG NO!

I just cannot bring myself to read it.

Stephen, I think you making much ado over nothing.  Your Survival Imperative has much a worse plot development in so far as Amy with another man than Nibbler747 story.  Her story has one kiss that wasn't even initiated by Amy.  Your story takes it to much more intense level. ( I dont want to give away too many spoilers of a FF here) If you can write Survival, you can read this story.  It nothing compared to yours, even with the ending.

I do not like to read about Sheldon with another woman, even in a dream.  So the author you are referring to in later posts is me.  I dont like to read it, it upsets me and makes me want to give up the show even if it is a dream because I dont want that image in my head. My worst nightmare was S9 Ep2 taping and I can't even watch the show now because of it. 

I can read about Amy with another man, but only so far as a kiss, since she had done that before. If you can have the image of Amy kissing Steven even so far as ready to have sex, you can handle this story easily, in my opinion.

This was started because Jenafan mentioned this story in the Shamy Spoiler thread again. It reminded you of it, i suspect.  Saying you couldn't read a story once is more than enough, I think.  I have these kind of comments all the time, and frankly, I suspected a bigger backlash from my latest chapter of Six Sheldons.

I also suspect that this story could happen in the show.  If it does, I suspect it will be a lot like this.  Amy having a reaction to Kripke But in the end, a Shamy resolution.  

• Like 4

If it helps, Stephen, all is not as it seems.   You have to get through to the end to understand and totally appreciate the whole thing.   The author has done a great job with this.  

You get to see sides of Sheldon that were not possible, and it is believable, as a result of what happens between Kripke and Amy.   And.... the conversations..... to die laughing for.

If you can, I encourage you to give it a chance.   When you get to the end, you won't be disappointed.  

Well, thanks to your recommendation I ended up reading the whole thing today and thought it was really good. So thanks for that!

@ nibbler: I thought you did a great job with this. When you went down the rabbit hole I was just thinking "oh nononono... dear lord, this will only get worse before it gets better...!" but I was at the edge of my seat the whole time and couldn't put it down - and believe me I've given up on other fanfics for less! But I thought you handled the whole thing in a very believable way and the payoff was so very worth it! Again, well done! <3

• Like 2

Well, thanks to your recommendation I ended up reading the whole thing today and thought it was really good. So thanks for that!

@ nibbler: I thought you did a great job with this. When you went down the rabbit hole I was just thinking "oh nononono... dear lord, this will only get worse before it gets better...!" but I was at the edge of my seat the whole time and couldn't put it down - and believe me I've given up on other fanfics for less! But I thought you handled the whole thing in a very believable way and the payoff was so very worth it! Again, well done! <3

OMG, I have been out of town all day and open the forum to read all this.  

I am so sorry that my trying to give a complement created such a big debate.   Was not my intention.   I just wanted to express my appreciation for such good writing and to encourage others to check it out.

• Like 2

Thanks so much.  I really appreciate that!  I really enjoyed writing this story....I think I'll be attached to Kripke now when I watch the show!  I'll have to remember the show version of him is different, than the one I dreamed up in my head.

OMG, I have been out of town all day and open the forum to read all this.  

I am so sorry that my trying to give a complement created such a big debate.   Was not my intention.   I just wanted to express my appreciation for such good writing and to encourage others to check it out.

Jenafan, I totally appreciate the kind words you wrote on the forum.  Don't worry about the drama on here today, it was super nice of you to mention my story in the Shamy thread and on this thread.  A few new people checked it out, and reviewed, which is super cool.   I totally appreciate it!

Thanks so much.  I really appreciate that!  I really enjoyed writing this story....I think I'll be attached to Kripke now when I watch the show!  I'll have to remember the show version of him is different, than the one I dreamed up in my head.

You're welcome! It definitely worked for me cause Kripke has a small enough role that you can take a few more creative liberties with him and then have fun with how the other characters react to that.

• Like 2

No offence to the OP, but I don't think I can read this fanfic.

The idea of someone (especially one of the regular characters) hitting on Amy, just freaks me out.  :icon_eek:

Really........ Interesing