The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mislav

Do They Cut That Scene?

I think that they sometimes for some reason cut/don't include the last few seconds of the scene where Leslie breaks up with Leonard in "The Codpiece Topology" when they air the episode. Sometimes they just have Sheldon say "Look at the bright side. Only nine more months till Comic Con" and cut to the next scene, and sometimes they do show Leonard smiling and saying "Oh yeah" after Sheldon makes the Comic Con joke. It probably isn't just me because one person left the review to the story that included that moment (not mine) saying that he/she would have liked to see Leonard's reaction to that comment, and that story described no reaction either. If nobody else has the same problem maybe it is just me. 

I think that maybe it depends on whether it's the TBS showing or those that my be on a local channel.  I see episode on weeknights and sometimes on weekends on our local FOX affiliate as well as the showings on TBS.

I think the FOX affiliate tends to drop more little moments than TBS.  TBS will cut certain scenes or moments, like in The Pancake Batter Anomaly, in the cold open when Penny mentions everyone back in Nebraska getting sick, at the end of the scene Sheldon is spraying Lysol in the kitchen with his t-shirt pulled up over his nose.  Leonard looks at him and Sheldon says, "What?".  Well, I think TBS has always cut the "What?" moment.

But when they air Rhinitis Revelation, they must cut something else, because they usually take the end scene all the way to where Mrs. Cooper is singing while the screen goes black, but I think on the FOX affiliate, they actually cut that end scene just before she starts singing again, like on her reaction to Sheldon's "I know, but he means well."  She kind of gapes at him before she starts singing again.  Well, the scenes ends on her gape, before she sings again.

So I think if that "Oh yeah" is missing, I don't think it's the TBS version cutting it off.

It may depend on the time of day. I think late at night the number of commercials in an hour goes up and bits of shows in general get cut.

Two scenes the local stations (well at least ours) cut is the moment in "The Skank Reflex Analysis".    Penny opens her door to leave with Amy, and sees Sheldon and Leonard, she slams the door.  Sheldon has a line that goes "Subtlety is not her strong point, is it?".  That line is usually cut on our local station, but not on TBS.   The other one is from "The Recombination Hypothesis".  Our local station usually cuts Amy line "...Which is why the more intelligent the monkey, the more feces they fling.".  This is right before Leonard asks Penny if she has plans for the evening.  

Here in the UK. E4 are notorious for butchering anything vaguely risky on before 9pm

In the Cooper/ kripke inversion the whole sex chat with Sheldon and kripke after its been cut really doesn't make any sense, they may as well skip the entire scene

Weirdly though in fish guts, the spanking stays

Here in the UK. E4 are notorious for butchering anything vaguely risky on before 9pm

In the Cooper/ kripke inversion the whole sex chat with Sheldon and kripke after its been cut really doesn't make any sense, they may as well skip the entire scene

Actually they do air the full uncut episode at around 8pm, but they still cut out anything a little thing that is inappropriate before then

On 6/6/2015 at 1:01 AM, rachelshamyfan said:

I agree to cut that scene but the episode is very funny especially because Sheldon is forced to work with his rival Barry Kripke and it is something that I really liked

3 hours ago, TinaWagner said:

I agree to cut that scene but the episode is very funny especially because Sheldon is forced to work with his rival Barry Kripke and it is something that I really liked

Yeah it was funny. Sheldon never understood innuendos.

On 6/6/2015 at 2:01 AM, rachelshamyfan said:

Also, I understand that the  S&M scene with Penny and Leonard  from the episode "The Veracity Elasticity" was cut in the UK. Is that true?

6 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Also, I understand that the  S&M scene with Penny and Leonard  from the episode "The Veracity Elasticity" was cut in the UK. Is that true?

If true, that's sad.