The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gwhh

Where Did Sheldon Get His Ring From?

Here a question, that has been left unanswered from last season. 

Where did Sheldon get his ring from?

So, where and how do you think Sheldon got his ring for Amy?

I'm pretty interested in when he got it. How long has he been sitting on it, or was it a spontaneous buy? And when was he going to give it to her?

• Like 2

I think Mary give it to him in week before. I always had the idea but I see it is also in fanfictions that this is meemaws ring

• Like 1

I think he got it not from Meemaw but on his own after the fort sleepover. JMO but that was a pivotal moment confirming to him that he could get used to waking up next to her. And how he said "I'm happy for you guys" to Lenny when they agree to go to Vegas and get married was kinda proving he had moved on and ready for life with Amy.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 6

I also think the ring was a "family" ring, Sheldon is an old-fashoned man, it could make sense for him to continue the family traditions in marriage... So i think his mother gave the ring to him the week before... I'm pretty courious though to see if he was going to propose on the anniversary date (very romantic but really OOC) or he asked for the ring just in cases...

1. I want to think it is a family heirloom,but for some reason I have this nagging opinion that he bought it after The Colonization Application.

2. He is thinking of proposing, but I don't think he is planning to propose during the anniversary dinner. He is sniffing for hints when to do so though.

He bought it when Leonard bought his.

Sheldon: "We found a place on-line that repurposes diamond drill bits."

He bought it when Leonard bought his.

Sheldon: "We found a place on-line that repurposes diamond drill bits."

Yeah but Leonard had been holding onto his ring for 2 years. Do you really see Sheldon buying Amy a ring 2 years ago (which would've been around the end of season 5)? I sure don't!! Not that damn early or soon!!

I think he got it sometime between his return and his moms visit. I don't think it came from her or MeeMaw because if it did, we would've seen SOMETHING during that episode. Something like "Shelly, I brought that thing you wanted. I put it in the top drawer of your dresser." Or something like that. The writers would've let us know she brought something for him that he wanted her to bring or whatever. And I definitely think it was already sitting in his desk during the make out scene.

As to when he was going to propose? That I have no idea but he does like to be prepared and he knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

Yeah but Leonard

snip....

of his life with her.

heheheheh,  :icon_razz:

• Like 1

I want to think it is a family heirloom,but for some reason I have this nagging opinion that he bought it after The Colonization Application.

This would make complete sense...

Yeah but Leonard had been holding onto his ring for 2 years. Do you really see Sheldon buying Amy a ring 2 years ago (which would've been around the end of season 5)? I sure don't!! Not that damn early or soon!!

I don't know, he loves preparedness and it sounds like something he would think as being "only logical".

I don't know, he loves preparedness and it sounds like something he would think as being "only logical".

Really?  Sure about that?  Let me give you a reminder.

5:23 - The Launch Acceleration

Sheldon - Oh, dear Lord.  Two years ago, we didn't even know each other, and now I'm in your apartment after dark.  How much faster can this thing go?

P.S.  I DETEST how the the stupid quotes work on this thing now!!!!

Yeah, I agree it was too soon, but he also bought her a tiara, and who writes an agreement if he doesn't intend to have a long term relationship? He could have bought it for someday when he needed it.

Yeah, I agree it was too soon, but he also bought her a tiara, and who writes an agreement if he doesn't intend to have a long term relationship? He could have bought it for someday when he needed it.

I don't know...His ideas on marriage (and on sex or cohabitation...) in Season 5 were really too negative...he even told to Bernadette and Haward at the speech at their wedding that he couldn't understand the need of other peple to spend their life with another person...To me, anytime sooner than Season 8 is not believable, he was pretty against cohabitation with Amy  up to  Season 7 finale...

• Like 2

I was just rewatching this year's Comic Con panel and Steve said we'll be getting a "partial answer" as to when/where he got the ring and when he plans to give it to Amy.

I think it would be adorable if he got it from his mother/Meemaw but at the same time, I also love the idea of him going to a jewellery shop and picking one out himself :)  

I'm thinking the ring was his Meemaw's, and Mary has given it to Sheldon. But I'm not certain how that was, as I'm sure Sheldon didn't tell his mother he was planning to propose to Amy. Unless I've missed something. 

• Like 1

I thought they said that it was his great grandmother's ring and that it was a family heirloom.  I'd imagine it was left to Mary.

• Like 1

I thought they said that it was his great grandmother's ring and that it was a family heirloom.  I'd imagine it was left to Mary.

Yup. 

In her conversation to Sheldon at the end of 9.01 she said it was her grandmothers ring. Making it Sheldon's great grandmother.

• Like 1