The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Other Ships: Season 9

This is the Other Ships Season 9 Topic.  This is for supportive discussion of any ships (Howard and Bernadette, Raj and Emily,  Romantic Sheldon and Penny, Stuart and whoever they come up with for him) or even non romantic pairings like Sheldon and Leonard, Sheldon and Penny as friends, or other non-canon couples.   Spoilers are allowed.  As this is a Ship Zone, Special Rules apply.

Based on what the writers said at Comic-con, I got the idea a Raj-Emily break-up may be on the horizon.  I've long thought Raj has been so desperate in the past, it would be good for him to be the one to end a relationship.  I like Emily, but him breaking up with her sounds like a great opportunity for character development.

• Like 2

Any conjecture about what Howardette plots might arise this year?  I only hope there are no babies.

Other than some resolution to whether or not Stuart is moved out of their house, there hasn't been anything mentioned. 

In some post-finale interviews molaro told there are no immediate plans for babies in the show, but it could happen if they are going to stay on air long enough....

In the same interview it was said also something about Howard being involved in the comic books store, as heir of his mother...the interview was made months ago anyway, writers may have changed their minds in the meantime

Edited by mirs1

In some post-finale interviews molaro told there are no immediate plans for babies in the show, but it could happen if they are going to stay on air long enough....

Ya know, I wonder if the producers have asked Melissa and Kaley if they have a time frame for having kids, just so it doesn't come as a complete surprise to the writers or they would be able to start thinking about those story lines. 

• Like 1

Yes...i've always found wierd when in a show the writers have to hide the actual pregnancy of an actress because it does not fit with their own stories...anyway, i have to admit, i'd prefer no kids for tbbt

These are the pairings I want to see:

Sheldon and Bernadette

Leonard and Bernadette

Leonard and Amy

Howard and Amy

Penny and Howard

Leonard and Raj (don't often seem them just hang out on their own )

Leonard and Howard ( same as above)

Other possible pairings:

Amy-Emily

Bernadette-Emily 

Emily - Sheldon- Leonard - Howard

Amy-Stewart

Amy-Will Wheaton

Amy - Kripke

I think we've seen enough of these pairings throughout the series:

Raj-Sheldon

Amy-Bernadette

Amy-Penny

Amy-Raj

Penny-Sheldon

Bernadette-Penny

Bernadette-Raj

• Like 1

Yes, all of these are platonic. 

Platonically, yes.

Anything else...hell no!

These are the pairings I want to see:

Sheldon and Bernadette

Leonard and Bernadette

Leonard and Amy

Howard and Amy

Penny and Howard

Leonard and Raj (don't often seem them just hang out on their own )

Leonard and Howard ( same as above)

Other possible pairings:

Amy-Stewart

Amy-Will Whe

I think we've seen enough of these pairings throughout the series:

Raj-Sheldon

Amy-Bernadette

Amy-Penny

Amy-Raj

Penny-Sheldon

Bernadette-Penny

Bernadette-Raj

• Like 1

My MUST see pairing in season 9 is CinnaRaj. Maybe when/if Raj and Emily break up, Cinnamon could be there for Raj while he's feeling down.

• Like 6

For me, there hasn't been too much Amy and Raj.  I think they're sweet together.

I'd like to see Stuart get a girl.  (Presumably it didn't work out with Howard's cousin.)  They wouldn't give him a separate plot since he's mainly there to support the plots for the other seven, but the writers could probably find a way to make that happen, if only for a while.

My MUST see pairing in season 9 is CinnaRaj. Maybe when/if Raj and Emily break up, Cinnamon could be there for Raj while he's feeling down.

CinnaRaj is long overdue.

For me, there hasn't been too much Amy and Raj.  I think they're sweet together.

I'd like to see Stuart get a girl.  (Presumably it didn't work out with Howard's cousin.)  They wouldn't give him a separate plot since he's mainly there to support the plots for the other seven, but the writers could probably find a way to make that happen, if only for a while.

I also like Amy and Raj, or "Koothrapamy", if you will...but only platonically :)  I find it really sweet how Amy calls him "Rajesh", while everyone else simply calls him "Raj".

I'd also love to see Stuart get a girl, even if it only ends up being temporary.

CinnaRaj is long overdue.

I also like Amy and Raj, or "Koothrapamy", if you will...but only platonically :)  I find it really sweet how Amy calls him "Rajesh", while everyone else simply calls him "Raj".

I'd also love to see Stuart get a girl, even if it only ends up being temporary.

I hope they never have Amy say Raj, I like that she calls him Rajesh and I like that he never asks her to call him Raj. It's something special between them.

Yeah I think every one who watches the show can agree seen enough of Sheldon and Penny lol. Some pairs I want to see again is Leonard and Sheldon. One of my fav moments was when Leonard was complaining about Sheldon being a baby to Penny. "He diddn't even give me by toy back" lol. Leonard and Bernadette thrills me. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think every one who watches the show can agree seen enough of Sheldon and Penny lol.

Well, what leaps to mind here is the Withnailian phrase “What ABSOLUTE twaddle.”

But for the sake of being civil to an old forum acquaintance I’ll simply say; that is rather solipsistic of you, Skull dear fellow.

This forum is very much NOT the be-all-and-end-all of audience opinion, as you damn well know. It’s almost exclusively populated by very devoted "Lenny" and "Shamy" shippers, in the same way as TBBT HQ is populated by very devoted Sheldon fans, Nostalgics and "Shenny" shippers. To be honest, neither set of groups are at all viable as a gauge of audience opinion. We’re all fantastically biased.

You’re a Lenny shipper who doesn’t want to see Sheldon and Penny scenes, well colour me VIOLENTLY unsurprised.
I’m a Sheldon purist who doesn’t want to see relationship scenes (of any description), ditto, colour me a different shade of completely-bloody-unstartled.

Let’s not make sweeping statements about the comparatively non-demented audience at large.

I have never seen anyone other than you lads here say they’re sick of Sheldon and Penny scenes. Far from it. They’re the two most popular characters individually, and “Shenny” episodes top all the polls and tournaments.

And that’s not a statement, that’s just observance.

Personally, character combinations I think we’ve been monstrously saturated in for the past 4 years, and could use a break from;

Howard and Bernadette (plus optional third-wheel sad-sack of Raj or Stuart)  
Sheldon and Amy
Penny and Amy and Bernadette “The Girls”. Stop it immediately.

Like to see more of;

Sheldon and Penny (the original clash of worlds)
Sheldon and Wil Wheaton
Sheldon and Howard (or indeed Raj)
Raj and Howard
Leonard and Bernadette (we’ve only seen this once, and it was hilarious)
Amy and Raj (I find this highly viable as a romance actually, if romances MUST occur)
Stuart and his Sad-tini in a Wookie mug

It’s all relative, Skull.

• Like 1

Well, what leaps to mind here is the Withnailian phrase “What ABSOLUTE twaddle.”

But for the sake of being civil to an old forum acquaintance I’ll simply say; that is rather solipsistic of you, Skull dear fellow.

This forum is very much NOT the be-all-and-end-all of audience opinion, as you damn well know. It’s almost exclusively populated by very devoted "Lenny" and "Shamy" shippers, in the same way as TBBT HQ is populated by very devoted Sheldon fans, Nostalgics and "Shenny" shippers. To be honest, neither set of groups are at all viable as a gauge of audience opinion. We’re all fantastically biased.

You’re a Lenny shipper who doesn’t want to see Sheldon and Penny scenes, well colour me VIOLENTLY unsurprised.
I’m a Sheldon purist who doesn’t want to see relationship scenes (of any description), ditto, colour me a different shade of completely-bloody-unstartled.

Let’s not make sweeping statements about the comparatively non-demented audience at large.

I have never seen anyone other than you lads here say they’re sick of Sheldon and Penny scenes. Far from it. They’re the two most popular characters individually, and “Shenny” episodes top all the polls and tournaments.

And that’s not a statement, that’s just observance.

Personally, character combinations I think we’ve been monstrously saturated in for the past 4 years, and could use a break from;

Howard and Bernadette (plus optional third-wheel sad-sack of Raj or Stuart)  
Sheldon and Amy
Penny and Amy and Bernadette “The Girls”. Stop it immediately.

Like to see more of;

Sheldon and Penny (the original clash of worlds)
Sheldon and Wil Wheaton
Sheldon and Howard (or indeed Raj)
Raj and Howard
Leonard and Bernadette (we’ve only seen this once, and it was hilarious)
Amy and Raj (I find this highly viable as a romance actually, if romances MUST occur)
Stuart and his Sad-tini in a Wookie mug

It’s all relative, Skull.

Yeah Yeah Sheldon and Penny were popular. I am just saying and trying to point out some fresh new not done before dynamics before, that is all. Tournaments? They can win all the tournaments they want. I don't know I guess being on social media, the consensus is been their done that. I loved their scenes, I just think its the past where it should belong. It's got nothing to do with shipping Lenny, I just think they have gotten everything they can out of that dynamic. At this point I don't see Penny clashing with Sheldon, she's moved on and more concerned about her future with Leonard. 

• Like 1

Has that twaddle been warmed?  

• Like 3